"Pumpkin Patch, The Story": Also Known As "Trick Or Treat"

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
water_bug_62208

"Pumpkin Patch, The Story": Also Known As "Trick Or Treat"

Postby water_bug_62208 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:09 am

I'm posting this story here based on a request regarding it. In 2005, I wrote and posted the story on the Deep Sinking Forum in response to a Halloween Quicksand Drawing by Acidtester, which he posted under the title of, "Trick Or Treat." Since I wrote this story, I have every right to post it here at QSFans. I chose to keep the title, Trick Or Treat, in recognition of the title Acidtester posted his drawing under. So, for those who wanted to read it, enjoy!

Trick Or Treat

A story based on a Halloween drawing by Acidtester and posted in October 2005.

Story written by Water_Bug_62208

Copyright 30 October 2005

Edited to correct errors on 24 March 2011

Daphne had followed the direction on the mysterious invitation to the letter, driving alone along the dark, remote dirt road towards her destination.

The Halloween Party That'll Beat ALL!!!

Claimed Ralph in the invite.

Ralph was the new guy at the office, and was tonight's host. Daphne found him to be most handsome and he seemed to take a shine towards her.

A special prize for the best costume!

Declared the letter.

He'd told Daphne that he was dressing as the devil himself and looked forward to her attire. She chose to be his counter, going with a micromini, sleeveless dress of pure conforming white with a wide gold belt and trims, and donning long white gloves along her elegant arms up to the elbow. White sandals with leather straps firmly fastened around and above her ankles, white feathery wings, and a brilliant halo of gold completed her attire.

Located directly across a huge pumpkin patch. You can't miss it!

The directions promised.

Looking to her right, Daphne could just make out the pumpkin patch, the moonlight illuminating their smooth, orange exterior. Without warning, her car's forward momentum slowed and became sluggish, its wheels tending to slide from side to side before coming to a halt and settling down. The engine revved and the tires spun, her car bogging down deeper into the muddy road. After several minutes of trying to free her car, Daphne gave up, grabbed her purse, and got out.

The thick mud sucked at her sandals as she waded away from the vehicle. It was a hopeless situation, her car sunk to the undercarriage in mud. Daphne pulled out her cellular phone to call Ralph, but there was no reception in this desolate part of the county. She looked up towards the pumpkin patch and beyond.

"Directly across from the pumpkin patch, eh?"

Unruffling her wings and straightening her halo, Daphne made her way into the patch, zigzagging amongst the large gourds of orange towards Ralph's house. She figured this route had to be far shorter and less messy than the road, but she soon realized she figured wrong as the ground was cold, wet, and rank, her feet settling into the dark mud as she trudged along.

"Damn it, I didn't want to get dirty! What a mess!"

As the cold air chilled her bare arms and legs she wished now that she'd brought a coat. However, she was soon warmed by the spectacular sight of what appeared to be a large gathering of jack-o'-lanterns, their multitude of expressions glowing and flickering her way.

"How cool! Man, Ralph sure went to a lot of trouble decorating."

As she walked past the jack-o'-lanterns they all turned, their mschieveious gazes following her.

"Wow, he even has them set up to turn! How..."

Before she could say another word, she noticed how the faces of the pumpkins seemed to change, as if all were expressing their views of this intruder in their midst. What happened next left her speechless... the jack-o'-lanterns started to move towards her. If this was part of Ralph's decorating effort, she wasn't too amused.

Daphne tried picking up the pace, but the suction of the thickening mire along the smooth leather soles of her sandals made walking more and more difficult. Seeing some jack-o'-lanterns converging from the right, she beared to left to avoid their approach. Their expressions now seemed more hideous and wicked than ever before, and with the mud resisting her efforts of evading them, the jack-o'-lanterns were gaining on her. Daphne's feet felt as if they were incased in lead, her legs now pulling to keep her moving.

Suddenly, there came a horrid sound of bubbling and hissing as Daphne pitched forward, her arms windmilling to maintain balance as her flaring calves bogged down into a cold, black, sticky morsass. Looking over her shoulder confirmed the evil gourds were closing in on her. Grunting and gasping, Daphne lifted at her legs, the clinging ground stretching up, holding her fast, and reeling her in past her knees. She grabbed at her strong thighs, pulling and heaving with everything she had, but the black mire held tight, allowing her weight and her struggles to settle her further into its grasp.

Fanning out upon the mud's surface, the white miniskirt jiggled and undulated with the goo as Daphne's hips and curvaceous buttocks twisted and squirmed below. She glanced back and around at the jack-o'-lanterns, shocked to see them lining up along the edge of the quagmire and watching her sink. Many seemed pleased with what they saw, their expressions full of lust and menace. Others appeared surprised at what she didn't know. One even looked as if he might be in love.

Daphne looked away from this distraction and concentrated on her situation. Blue eyes widen at the scene of the thick goo closing in around her slender waist, her forearms partially sunken. With some effort, she lifted her arms from the mire, leaving tendrils of tenacity trailing after them and unfortunately forcing herself to her chest. She trashed about, determined to get loose, but only buried herself further. Her breasts were pressed up by the mud's surface before being slowly consumed. Pressing down with her hands, Daphne tried to lift herself out only to mire her arms by her side. Straining to lift her arms only confirmed that they, too, were totally stuck. With the cold muck slowly climbing over her breasts and up towards her shoulders, she realized something she hadn't tried yet... screaming for help!

"RALPH! HELP! HELP ME, PLEASE!" she shouted towards the direction of his house.

She tried to free her arms again, but her efforts merely sank her to within a couple of inches of her soft shoulders.

"RALPH! I'M SINKING! HELP!!!"

Then she saw movement. There before her approached a dark figure from the direction of the house. Jack-o'-lanterns turned and nervously backed away clearing a path towards the pit. The reddish foreboding being sported a goatie and horns, with a pointed tail whipping behind him.

"Ralph! Thank God you're here! Please..."

"We don't use his name around here, so watch your tongue!" warned the creature with a growl. "Ah, Daphne, so good of you come to my party. My guests and I have been looking forward to having you join us."

He motioned towards the jack-o'-lanterns, all of whom began giggling and laughing.

"Ralph, enough with the fun and jokes already." The chill of the mud slid up her neck and kissed her chin. "Please help me!"

"It's not 'Ralph,' my dear child, it's 'Satan,'" he corrected. "However, you can also call me 'Master' and be saved. All you have to do is give your soul to me."

"This isn't funny!" shouted Daphne, her head attempting to tilt back in the mud to keep her mouth above it.

"You're right, it isn't," he agreed. "This is for real, Daphne! I truly am the Devil himself and I want your soul as mine. Do you want to live? Then join me! And, be quick about it... you're running out of time to choose!"

Struggling to keep her head above the mud, Daphne realized this was no dream. Ralph wasn't wearing a costume, nor were the jack-o'-lanterns a trick. She was in deep trouble either way she went. There was only one choice to make.

"I'll NEVER join you!" she said with defiance, her mouth and nose finally submerging, her cold eyes staring back at him and closing just before the mud crept over them.

Satan stood there shaking his head in disappointment as he watched Daphne's golden halo slowly vanish into the black ooze.

"What a shame. She would've been perfect by my side." He watched her last breath burst to the surface then looked towards the moon, sensing the time of night. "Oh well, Shirley should be along in about half an hour. Perhaps she'll be more easily persuaded."

He turned around and headed back from which he came, the jack-o'-lanterns now disbanding and moving off to their appropriate places in the pumpkin patch to await their next victim.

The End
Last edited by water_bug_62208 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

jack c

Re: "Pumpkin Patch, The Story": Also Known As "Trick Or Tre

Postby jack c » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:28 am

Interesting story. I suppose that it is possible that Satan would still get someone who refuses to join by default after her death, but he is not sure. Kind of an interesting conundrum, a Catch-22. Nicely written story, as well.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:40 am

Awesome! Great to see your writing again, Waterbug! :D Thanks for the repost!

Acidtester

Postby Acidtester » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:21 am

Waterbug,
I'm sure I would've remembered ever reading that before.
I think it's great, and I'm honored to have my drawing celebrated like that.
You very eloquently made many descriptive references directly from the drawing,
and at the same time created, yourself, an awesome story that supports the image.
Very well done, I think!

I remember drawing it and thinking about the single image,
you know, her balance, the mud on her arms, how her hair should part, etc...
But not really clearly imagining the whole sequence of events that led her there.
I certainly wouldn't have come up with anything better.
I especially liked how the pumpkins congregated around her and followed her to the edge of the muck.
I thought that was profoundly creepy.
I love the dilemma and I really love that she dies. (you must have heard that I like grim endings)
To me, the whole thing makes me happy to associate it with the name Acidtester.

Thanks!
If the system had one neck,
You know I'd gladly break it.

Acidtester

Postby Acidtester » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:26 am

By the way,
I am currently without a computer, so I can't do much other than post comments,
But if anyone else feels like posting that drawing here, feel free.
There might be some new people who havnt seen it yet.
It's also on my safari-girl.deviantart.com page if you havnt seen it.
If the system had one neck,
You know I'd gladly break it.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:57 am

Thank you, AT! Glad you enjoyed the story. It was fun to write, and your drawing was most inspirational. :D

And, since you've given permission to post that particular drawing, here it is...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Stories”