"Best Friends" - for the Doc- (M, M, QS.)

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
nachtjaeger

"Best Friends" - for the Doc- (M, M, QS.)

Postby nachtjaeger » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:26 am

Best Friends

M/M, QS- you have been warned.

The two men walked side by side along the sandy riverbank. Strangely, each was carrying a plastic bucket, containing such items as towels, drinking water, rope, earplugs, eyewash bottles, etc. The two men were best friends, even though they were outwardly as different as night and day.

The one on the right was David. He was of medium height, clean shaven, with dark brown hair to his shoulders. His body was tan and sculpted, with a shaved chest and six-pack abs. He was wearing nothing but a snug, brief, but tasteful swimsuit. And there was an intangible something in his looks and movement that would have set off the "gaydar" of anyone within a dozen yards.

The one on the left was Rick. He was tall- inches over six feet, with broad shoulders and massive bones. His dark blonde hair was sun-streaked, not quite
matching the reddish blonde of his neatly trimmed curly beard. He was much more fit than fat. Under the curly red-blonde fur on his arms and legs were smooth but powerful muscles, built by hard work and not a Universal Gym. Despite his size, he moved with the light, surefooted grace of a great cat. He was wearing baggy nylon swim shorts, and a sleeveless white T-shirt. On his upper arms, normally hidden, were two tattoos. On his right arm was a Thor's hammer, and on his left was an image of the full moon cradled in a stag's antlers.

The two men stopped where the riverbank ended and a sandbar began, angling out into the river where a stream dropped its load of fine sand and silt. They set down their buckets, stared at the sandbar for a minute, then put in earplugs. David looked around at the river and woods. "It is seriously deserted out here." "Yep," said Rick as he somewhat self-consciously pulled off his T-shirt to reveal more curly fur, but the absence of a tan, in contrast to his arms and legs. He looked at the sandbar again. "You know," Rick said, "I really hate getting sand in my swim trunks. If you have no objection, I think I'll ditch these." David had no objection. Rick was straight, totally not David's preferred physical type, and they worked together to boot- but there was just something about him that David couldn't put his finger on. David, who never missed a chance to go 'au naturale' got naked also. They looked at each other- both trying not to be seen looking at the other's private parts- then without a word they both walked out onto the soft, wet, silky sandbar.

Random chance had brought this unlikely pair together. David had landed a job at Rick's employer, working in the same unit. They quickly found they made a good team, and got along well. Pretty soon they were trading Sci-Fi references and Monty Python quotes. One Friday at quitting time, Rick asked "Hey, want to go grab a couple beers?" "Sure!" David answered, "Where do you want to go?" "Where do you usually hang out?" Rick asked him. Without thinking, David answered "At the Waterworks." Oops. The Waterworks Pub was the city's biggest, best known (and classiest) gay bar. David had just "outed" himself. Rick frowned. "Never been there- think they'd let a straight guy have a drink or two?" David laughed. "Not a problem." "Well, then, let's go!" said Rick. Now it was David's turn to frown. "Are you sure? What if somebody, like, sees you?" Rick sort of looked around, and half whispered "Like I care. Seriously, I'd rather somebody tried to out me as gay than as a Pagan." Now Rick had come out of the "broom closet" to David.

They started hanging out together, either at the Waterworks or at Rick's favorite place, the Harp & Shamrock. David could never get Rick to do Karaoke with him at the Waterworks, even though Rick would do open mic night at the Harp & Shamrock, singing the old songs of doomed rebellion, sad loves and happy wars. Then one Friday night at the Waterworks, something even more unlikely happened. Rick was talking about the awful day they'd had dealing with upper management. "I swear," said Rick, "explaining anything to those idiots is like trying to wade through hip-deep mud- you spend a ton of time and energy, but you don't make much forward progress." "True dat," David agreed, "except wading in mud can be fun, if it's summer and you have shorts on." Another oops. Rick gave him a strange look. "And how would you know that?" David actually blushed, but somehow he couldn't help answering with the truth. "I, uh, used to play in the mud a lot when I was a kid." "Me, too." said Rick. "Why did you stop?" There was a brief pause before David answered. "I didn't." Rick gave him that strange look again. "You don't happen to know a couple guys named Dave Lodoski and Duncan Edwards, do you?" David was in shock! On a whim, not exactly knowing the reference, he started to sing. "Yes, it's gonna be alright. . ." Rick smiled and joined in. ". . . yes, the worst is over now, the morning sun is shining like a Red Rubber Ball!"

That was how they ended up together on a deserted riverbank the next afternoon. They walked out on the sandbar, leaving deeper and deeper footprints, until the unstable silt grabbed their ankles and pulled them in to their knees. They tried to keep going, but only ended up thigh-deep in the warm, quivering mass. David stole a quick glance out of the corner of his eye, and Rick's manhood was erect. It was circumcised, and disturbingly thick. David briefly wondered what it felt like not to have a foreskin, but then the sucking mud reclaimed his attention by stroking his balls. He struggled, and soon the quicksand had swallowed his balls, and the underside of his hard shaft was stroking the top of the mud each time he moved. He heard Rick breathing harder, and glanced over to see that he was sunk up to his hipbones. The mud enveloped David's cock, and he struggled harder for a moment. Not yet, he thought to himself- need to make this last, don't want to come too quick. "Hey, Dave!" Rick interrupted, "Do you think we should have rigged a rope first?" He had sunk to his bellybutton, and the silky sands were touching the bottom of David's ribs. David looked down at the quicksand. "That probably would have been a good idea." There was no danger here for an experienced quicksander, but it sure was fun to daydream about. Soon they had both sunk up to their nipples. David's were hard, and he knew Rick's must be too. "Can you touch bottom?" Rick asked. David stretched his bare toes as deep as he could, but there was nothing down there but more shifting sand. The movement cost him a few more inches, and he sank to his armpits. "Nope," he replied. "Are we in trouble?" Rick looked around. "No bottom over here, and nothing solid to grab onto. No problem, should be hitting my float point any second now." Rick struggled, and the quicksand claimed him to his shoulders. "I said, any second now. . ." The quicksand ignored him, and swallowed him to his neck. "Yep, I would say we're in trouble." His words almost set David off. This was his favorite fantasy- to be hopelessly trapped in real quicksand. "Ohmygod, I'm sinking!" David said, and began to struggle harder. The hungry sandbar quickly covered his shoulders. He tried pushing at the sand with his arms, but they sank as if into water. Now the sand was almost touching his chin. "NO!" he exclaimed. The fantasy-fear and the feel of the silky ooze were setting him on fire. And he wanted to go deeper. Rick was struggling, too, as if he were really trying to pull himself free. But he was sinking deeper and deeper. David couldn't believe this was happening. Here he was being sucked under a quicksand bed, and watching a naked man struggle under also. Rick tipped his head back, to keep his face above the sand. "Can't believe we forgot the stupid rope. I guess this is goodbye, buddy." He was panting, his cheeks were flushed, and his eyes were shining. "No no no!" David almost whimpered as he fought the unrelenting grip of the sands. He was pulled down to his chin, then to his ears as he leaned his head back, and his long hair fanned out around him. Gods, he was so close! Stifling a scream, he grabbed a last deep breath, pulled his knees up toward his chest and let the quicksand take him all the way under. At the same moment, Rick's face slipped under the hungry sands. The quicksand had taken them both.

For a good ten seconds, all was still. Then the sand began to ripple and quiver over the spot where David disappeared. Ten seconds later, the same thing happened on Rick's side of the sandbar. David's side rippled harder, then stopped, then there were a few single ripples, strong but getting further apart. Then David's head popped up above the quicksand and he gasped for fresh air. He cleared the sand from his eyes as best he could, then looked for Rick. He saw a last strong ripple, then nothing. Five seconds. Ten seconds. Rick wasn't coming back up. David panicked, trying desperately to claw his way free of the sandy trap and help Rick, but he was well and truly stuck. Then, to his surprise and great relief, there was a sudden shudder of the sands, and Rick's head appeared. He blew sandy water like a whale breaching, sucked in huge gasping lungfuls of air, then laid his head back on the sand and closed his eyes. David had to look close to see if he was still breathing. Again, David tried to climb out of the silty trap, but he wasn't going anywhere on his own. After a moment, he heard Rick's voice, weakly. "stupid. . . wasn't close enough, took me too long to get there. Almost passed out- think I did for just a second or two." "More like ten." David told him. "Shit!!" Rick laughed weakly.

After he caught his breath, Rick freed his arms, filled his lungs completely, pushed himself up as far as he could, leaned back, and began the long laborious process of freeing his body from the quicksand. David tried to do the same, but this was really good quicksand. With his heavy muscles and lack of body fat, he couldn't quite get enough of himself on top of the sandbar. Fifteen minutes or so later, Rick was free, had washed his face, and was scraping the silt and sand off his naked body. "You going to stay in there all night?" he asked. David grinned sheepishly. "Umm, help?" Rick laughed, grabbed a rope, tied a bowline in the end, and tossed it to him. David put the rope over his head and under his armpits, grabbed it with both hands, and nodded. Rick started to pull, his feet sinking into the firm sand, his smooth muscles rippling under his skin. David did a couple of hip swivels, a quick flutter kick, and the sand loosened up around him. He slid up until he could get his feet under him and wade out. Just as he was almost on solid ground, a soft spot tripped him, and the tug of the rope made him fall forward. He stumbled into Rick, who caught him, and they ended up face to face. More like David's face to Rick's chest, but they were in each other's arms. David smiled up at Rick, then suddenly pulled back and turned away. "What?" Rick asked, sounding almost annoyed. "I. . . never mind." "Tell me, or I'll throw you back in the quicksand." David was confused. Again, he felt that compulsion to tell Rick the unvarnished truth. "I. . . I. . . sort of. . . almost tried to kiss you." David was sure he had just ruined the most special friendship he had ever known. Then Rick spoke, in words that dripped puddles of sarcasm on the sand. "Oh. My. God. How. Horrible. Whatever. Shall. We. Do?" David turned to look at him. "You're not upset?" Rick laughed. "Hell, no! I identify as straight, and guys don't usually turn me on, but I'm not, like, a flaming heterosexual. Shit, it used to bother me that I wasn't homophobic, if that makes any sense at all." David smiled. "Yeah, it does, actually. So, what do we do now?" "This," answered Rick, and with a sudden lunge he put his hand on David's lower chest and practically tossed him backward into the quicksand pit. David screamed, an embarrassingly girly squeak, as the quicksand reclaimed his legs up to his hips. Rick tossed him the rope again. This time, as David found his footing on the firmer sand, Rick deliberately jerked the rope, and again David found himself in Rick's arms. He smiled up at him. Rick leaned forward, and they kissed.

It was quick, it wasn't a deep kiss or a sexy kiss- but it was a kiss. After a moment Rick broke the embrace and stepped back. "Well, that was. . . interesting. First time for everything, I guess." Suddenly his eyes opened wide, and he clutched his chest. "NO! My manliness! I can feel it draining away. . . I want to dance, I want to arrange flowers, I want to. . . to. . . " His eyes went out of focus, and he began to sing. "One. . . singular sensation, every little step she takes. . ." With a laugh of wonder and joy, David joined in. "One. . . classic combination, ev-ery move-that-she-makes. . . One smile and suddenly nobody else will do. . ." "Aaaaa!" screamed Rick. "I'm singing show tunes! What have you DONE???" They both broke out laughing. After a moment, Rick awkwardly grabbed David's hand. "Look, I'm not good at this sort of thing even with girls, but I think we should spend more time together." He paused, and frowned. "Look, this doesn't mean I want to go back to your place and play naked twister bingo, okay?" "Oh, please??" David said in his best Eric Idle voice. Rick snickered into his beard. "So what did you have in mind?" David asked. Rick looked thoughtful, and scratched his chin. "Back at my place I've got a twelve pack of Yuengling Lager in the 'fridge, and a pork roast in the crock pot. We could play Mechwarrior Live, or watch Monty Python, or. . ." David was hesitant. "But what if. . .?" "We'll burn that bridge when we come to it." was Rick's wry answer. David smiled back at his best friend. "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?" As they grabbed their buckets and walked back along the river, Rick was explaining "It's a simple question of aerodynamic capacity. There is no way a three-ounce bird can carry a one-pound coconut. . ." Neither of them noticed that they were still holding hands.

The End.
Last edited by nachtjaeger on Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

sinkwithme

Re: "Best Friends" - for the Doc- (M, M, QS.)

Postby sinkwithme » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:33 pm

Here's another myth dispelled: QS stories with gay elements ( the vampire story and this one) can an most certainly HAVE given this old straight QS guy a big tent pole stiffy. :shock: :shock: Great stuff & thank you both!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:48 pm

I liked it a lot! Thanks for the post! I always like your stories. :D

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:32 pm

Glad everybody liked it. I'm sort of proud of the way this one turned out. 8-) I think I hit just the right combination of sinky and sexy and dramatic that I was trying for. Who knows, maybe David will show up in another story, and Rick is sort of my generic male quicksander.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

QuicXander

Postby QuicXander » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:14 am

Great story! Thank you!

Lomax
Location: Skating the edge of sanity, never knowing which way I'm facing.

Postby Lomax » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Nice story, Nacht. You know, I can feel my fingers itching. I'm going to have to start writing again....
In order to make an apple pie from scratch you first have to create the universe.

jungleQSman

Postby jungleQSman » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:54 am

Super Story!

Would love to read the sequel...Rick sounds like my kinda guy!

Return to “Stories”