Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Jan 2'nd, 2024!!!

Includes Original Video, Animations and Flash Files. No mainstream clips please!
kwiksand1

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Dec 10'th, 2015!!!

Postby kwiksand1 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:01 am

Boggy,

I am so sorry to hear of your health issues.... really sucks! Aging is a bitch, my friend and the alternative is no less kind. I am 45 now, also in a somewhat of a health issue for the last year. All I can say is that I wish you well and that your health and strength improve each day. I plan to make a return to my kayak and to sinking next season, but this year is a washout for me.

I have to say, that over the last decade (or more), your work has inspired me, fascinated me, filled me with wanton desire, and has given me courage to finally take the plunge on my own after years of only fantasizing what it would feel like to sink into quicksand. My first time was at age 35, not long after I discovered some of your first videos on the internet.

I want to thank you for all that you have done in sharing your adventures and wisdom. You really have no idea what kind of impact your work has had on me.... I can only thank you for your contributions over the years.

Get well, Boggy. Hope to see you out there again soon.
Thank you again.

Boggy Man

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Sept 15'th, 2016!!!

Postby Boggy Man » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:14 am

On Friday, August 19'th, I had my first adventure of 2016, the first since back in 2014! :D But, my sinking spot was grown over with weeds and under some water, forcing me to do a bit of work to reclaim it. :( So, unfortunately, no dramatic sinking videos. :( However, while checking out the boggy areas of a pond just to the north, I decided to take a couple of short videos of some spots that I agitated with my foot to make them quake:

Here is the first brief quaking bog video:

This quaking bog has a frog on it, that goes along for the ride:

I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:30 pm

sorry to hear you could sink boggy,. i miss seeing you go under

on the plus side,. your aparently an art instlation https://youtu.be/QckzRg-CsCw

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:12 am

gamwam wrote:sorry to hear you could sink boggy,. i miss seeing you go under

on the plus side,. your aparently an art instlation https://youtu.be/QckzRg-CsCw

I miss experiencing myself going under. :(

It looks like I was the inspiration for artist Gilad Ratman (who considers me to be a "spiritual brother" of him :? ) to film a creative mud video at Studio 588! :) I remember seeing that video he talked about a number of years ago. I seem to have long forgotten corresponding with him via email, but it must have been back when Geocities was still active (seems like a lifetime ago). :? But, during this presentation, I noticed one female in the audience shaking her head (she must have thought I was nuts). :?

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:20 pm

Boggy Man wrote: But, during this presentation, I noticed one female in the audience shaking her head (she must have thought I was nuts). :?

Katie Couric's recent debacle withUnder the Gun demonstrates that you should never trust a reaction shot.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

gamwam

Postby gamwam » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:01 pm

Don't know if your aware boggy but someone has basically taken all the videos you uploaded unlisted to YouTube and shared them publicly, this person has created several chanells and uploaded multiple copies of your movies - all you have to do now is search for quicksand and all the movies you decided to share with us can be seen by the general public - it appears that someone here on the forum has done this

https://youtu.be/i4AVk1yDXz8

Boggy Man

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated July 26'th, 2017!!!

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:28 am

Well, I finally broke the long drought in terms of sinking! :D On Friday, July 14'th, I finally had my first day of biking, hiking and sinking, including creating a brand new video (actually broken up into two - one with the dramatic struggle and submergence, and the other being my escape)! Enjoy! 8-)

A hiker had forgotten to take insect repellent with him, and as a result he is being eaten alive by the voracious flies! :x He gets so distracted that he doesn't watch where he is going and he stumbles into a soft spot, and winds up instead being eaten alive by the voracious soft, heaving, undulating, farting ground! :shock: Well, at least the flies can no longer touch him! :roll:

Here is a bare patch of disturbed, muddy ground, which doesn't look so ominous. But, in actuality, it had just gulped down a 6' 2" man as its latest meal, whose last exhaled breath farts up to the surface! :shock: Will the bog's meal escape? Watch and find out! 8-)

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:43 am

Sweet!!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

kwiksand1

Postby kwiksand1 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:24 am

So good to see you back in the quicksand!! I have missed your work tremendously.
Hope you stay healthy!

Boggy Man

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Aug 3'rd, 2017!!!

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:42 am

On Friday, July 28'th, I had my second adventure of the season, where I had more sinks, both on-camera and off-camera! :D There was a little bit of extra editing with iMovie 9 to make the scenario work nicely, and solve some problems that had come up during shooting. I wasn't happy about the opening scene with me talking to myself, explaining the situation. I knew what I basically wanted to say, but I kept on trying to remember what exactly to say as I was saying it, resulting in it sounding like I didn't know how to talk properly. :? But, all in all, the thick, deep, doughy quagmire was the real star!

In my breathing hose video, because the hose wasn't used in a long time, I initially got some dirt and debris from inside the hose into my mouth that I had to spit out at the beginning.

Enjoy! 8-)

No Escape From Fate!

A man was told by a fortune teller that he would drown before the morning is over, and therefore tries to avoid the water all morning. If he can make it to noon without drowning, then he will beat his fate! But, no matter what he does, he still meets his predicted fate, just not in plain water! :twisted:

Escape From No Escape From Fate!

The patch of muddy ground looks so innocent. But, it suddenly lets out some farts! Are they swamp gas farts, produced from natural bacterial action breaking down organic matter that is contained in the bog, like it is one gigantic stomach? Nope! It is the escaping exhaled breath from a 6' 2" man sucked beneath the surface, who emerges just after the bubbles, and gasps for breath! He gets sucked down a couple more times, his exhaled air farting out of the doughy mire, before he finally works himself up and then out of the clinging gooey morass to the nearby grass.

Breathing Through A Hose Under Deep Mud!

The mud in this photo doesn't look so ominous. But, watch what happens when a 6' 2" man jumps in right beside the hose! You might want to turn the volume up to hear the mud farting around him as it sucks him down! He then uses the hose to breathe through in order to survive being gulped down so deep that when he reaches over his head, only his hands and wrists break the surface! His exhaled air bubbles and farts at the surface in surges, as he remains deeply encompassed by the suffocating mire! The doughy surface also churns, quivers, heaves and pulsates, as he makes movements inside the belly of the voracious bog, and raises his hands back above the surface, coated in mud, and back under, again and again! Eventually, he works himself up out of clinging ooze, and pulls himself onto the nearby grass.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Return to “Home Movies”