Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Jan 2'nd, 2024!!!

Includes Original Video, Animations and Flash Files. No mainstream clips please!
Boggy Man

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Vids! Updated Oct 20'th, 2013!

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:47 am

On Thursday, August 22'nd, I had my fourth outing of the season, where I not only visited my Crescent Road pond, but also another pond off Crescent Road on the way there, which was hidden in the woods, and full of sticks/branches and liquid mud, which I would check out on the way to my Crescent Road pond from time to time. My original plan was to pick up a large black bucket that I saw laying around the trail entrance, and take it to my Crescent Road pond, which I would then use to transfer mud from surrounding locations to my sinking spot, raising its level enough to get it to become exposed and thickened earlier in the season (just raising it by one inch can make it exposed a week or so earlier than if nothing was done)! :D I was debating about whether to have a sink before or after the mud transfer, although I needed to go in after anyways, to mix in and redistribute the newly added mud.

But, this time when I visited the liquid mud and sticks pond, I noticed a fair bit of mud exposed, and I just couldn't resist the temptation to try it out! :D So, I wound up spending the morning there (most of the mud exposed was actually thicker, since the thinner stuff was still submerged), and the afternoon at my Crescent Road pond, where the mud had thickened nicely since my last sink there. :) So, I never had enough time to do any of my mud transfer, having to leave it until the next outing. But, I am happy to say that this outing yielded footage for my final, but most entertaining, 2013 submergence sink video! :D Enjoy! 8-)

People have been warned to stay away from this treacherous area, where people have mysteriously vanished without a trace! :shock: But, one hiker decides to disregard the warnings, going there anyways. Determined to find a point of easy access to the water there, he winds up discovering, to his horror, just how treacherous the area is, specifically the Forbidding Shorelines! :twisted:

***UPDATE*** Dave has been kind enough to host the above video, "Forbidding Shorelines", which YouTube had removed (best to download it and then play it, because it is a huge 1.58 GB file):

http://www.mpvstuff.com/misc/Forbidding_Shorelines.mp4

This patch of disturbed mud looks soooo innocent. :roll: But, click on the picture, and then you will see it churn, heave, bubble, and briefly become still, as it slowly smothers a 6' 2" man within its batterlike, doughy depths! :shock: But then, he manages to fight his way back up to the surface where he gasps for air :o , and then slowly begins working himself up high enough to reach for solid ground, and pull himself the rest of the way out, wiping away the sticky slime coating his body as he slowly escapes!

Last edited by Boggy Man on Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

clayboy

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Oct 20'th, 201

Postby clayboy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:01 pm

BRAVO! You're absolutely amazing, Boggy Man. The mud in that pond really changes with the seasons but this time, it was at it's horrific, maneating peak. Thanks for posting these!

kwiksand1

Postby kwiksand1 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:44 am

That was an epic sink! Off the charts - and the consistency of the stuff looks just awesome.
Thanks so much for posting and sharing these videos!

steve84

Postby steve84 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:28 pm

Wow! Definitely one of your best Boggy Man! That mud in amazing! You really are the master of the Home Movies part (and arguably the best part) of this site! I don't believe anyone else besides Doug (mudlover) makes videos of this caliber, and he charges for his! lol

You could easily charge for your videos! (But I'm secretly glad you don't ;))
"This one's for the ladies".... well I ain't no lady and I wanna see it! :D

Gopromatt

Postby Gopromatt » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:41 am

Mate wats your youtube name ???

Gigan08

Postby Gigan08 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:08 pm

I do not know where else to put these, but any chance of a HQ version of these someday Boggyman?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gj1im_QKlQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGbtUqMLWTo

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:17 am

Gigan08 wrote:I do not know where else to put these, but any chance of a HQ version of these someday Boggyman?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gj1im_QKlQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGbtUqMLWTo

I am afraid that those are the only versions available. They were taken back in 2001 when certain point-and-shoot cameras were only capable of recording 15-second videos, and were limited in resolution. I lost the originals several HD failures ago, and on a different computer. :(

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:35 am

Gopromatt wrote:Mate wats your youtube name ???

It is pxehooq, but all of my videos are either unlisted or private, so there isn't really much to see on that channel.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Dec 9'th, 2014

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:25 am

On Wednesday, August 27'th, I FINALLY had my first adventure of the season, where I finally managed to access my Crescent Road pond, and had my first sinking sessions of the season :D , during a sinking season that almost wasn't! :shock: After I had a private sink to enjoy my first bottomless bog encounter of the year, and clean up all the invading weeds, I then shot my first submergence video of the season, which was broken up into the dramatic sink portion, and the subsequent emergence/multiple submersion/final escape part. Due to such a late start to my season, I had been out of practice, and shouldn't have had the stick that the camera was mounted on, stuck where the mat of floating vegetation was thinner, because when I framed the location of the action with the camera, my weight had affected the vegetation mat such that the camera was actually pointing higher than it was once I left the spot. So, the view shifted downward after I started the recording and left the camera, and I also landed short of my intended target spot in the patch of gooey, sloppy, bottomless ooze. :x The result is that in these two videos, you get a view of the pulsating, undulating, sloppy quagmire, with me centered in the top of the image. :( But, at least I am still in the scene, and the struggle in the heavenly ooze is nicely captured. :) However, the rest of my videos, to be posted later on, are more properly centered. Due to problems in the past, I decided to age-restrict the videos, so you have to sign in to YouTube to access them. Hope that isn't an inconvenience. Enjoy! 8-)

A man walking through a meadow, appropriately dressed for taking a dip in a nearby lake, stumbles into deadly quicksand, with the usual predictable results! :twisted:

A patch of mud undulates and pulsates. Some gas escapes from the bog. Swamp gas? Nope, it is the escaping breath of its latest meal that it had sucked under, which then manages to break the surface, and after getting sucked under a few more times, finally escapes the sloppy deathtrap!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

gamwam

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Dec 9'th, 2014

Postby gamwam » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:34 pm

my god that stuff looks good enough to eat,. even though its a little off centre the majority of the action Is visible,. well done,.. the mire just pulsating and wobbling around looks amazing

Return to “Home Movies”