Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Jan 2'nd, 2024!!!

Includes Original Video, Animations and Flash Files. No mainstream clips please!
QuagmireGiggity

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Aug 28'th, 201

Postby QuagmireGiggity » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:57 am

Boggy, this latest video is very reminiscent of those classic July 2001 videos of you in the Shushwap River, given the consistency of the ooze! It's great to see that you still have access to spots like that. I encourage you to shoot more scenes there, where you swim and get swallowed under in that doughy muck. :D

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:46 am

QuagmireGiggity wrote:Boggy, this latest video is very reminiscent of those classic July 2001 videos of you in the Shushwap River, given the consistency of the ooze! It's great to see that you still have access to spots like that. I encourage you to shoot more scenes there, where you swim and get swallowed under in that doughy muck. :D

Actually, those swimming videos weren't along the Shuswap River, but were taken at my "mud lake pond" the same day that I was at the Shuswap River earlier in the day, back in 2001. On this current 2012 trip, I checked out the mud lake pond, finding that it was once again totally flooded. In fact, the surrounding meadow, which is several inches to a foot above the level of the mud, was under around several inches to a foot of water! :( The main pond in the large meadow used to have lots of expanses of deep peaty mud which varied in thickness from year to year (actually got thicker and thicker each year from compression from low water levels), but that too was flooded by beavers. But, I just lucked out in finding one stretch of the stream which had low water just north of the main pond, exposing some limited patches of mud, of which the one I shot the video at was the largest. :) But, my main sinking area I continue to nurture is my Crescent Road pond, and have some videos of that in the works! Stay tuned! 8-)
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

jables

Postby jables » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:03 am

just a heads up m8 u video QSsinkpt1 is not in u unlisted channel

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:56 am

jables wrote:just a heads up m8 u video QSsinkpt1 is not in u unlisted channel

I just checked its status, and it is still unlisted. But, it has become age restricted, meaning you have to log in to your YouTube account, if you have one, in order to see it. If you don't have a YouTube account, then you can easily create one, which will allow you to see all age restricted videos.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Vids! Updated Sep 13'th, 2012!

Postby Boggy Man » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:24 am

Now for some more serious stuff! :twisted: On Thursday, July 19'th, I had my 4'th outing of the season, where I finally visited my Crescent Road pond for the first time this year! :) Because of the super wet June :x , I was concerned that the water levels would still be high enough to flood my bog, or at the very best, create a layer of water just underneath the surface, with a thin layer of mud over top, making it become extremely loose and watery on top when I struggled in it. :? When I arrived there, I was pleased to see that while the surrounding vegetation was still in water, the bog itself was exposed! :D So, I knew that there was a pocket of water hiding beneath that mud! I chose to wear a junk sweater, because in previous years, when I used to do bog loosening in the water, it would make interesting squishing and sloppy sounds in the very wet, sloppy mire, and I wanted those sounds for the video. But, when I jumped in for the video, I was delighted to see that the layer of water was not a few inches beneath the surface, but actually a few FEET beneath the surface, with nice thick gooey stuff on top!!!!! :D So, no extreme slurpy sloppiness, but the deeper location of the layer of water did make it all the more "treacherous" :twisted: , since I had less support under my feet and around my legs, although my feet did sink down into more mud under the layer of water once I got in deeper! :) I didn't let the scene stretch out for very long because I didn't want to take any chances with water bubbling up to the surface around me before the :twisted: "end" :twisted: of the sink! Enjoy! 8-)

A hiker in the remote wilderness had put on a sweater in the morning, since it felt a bit cool in the shade of the woods. But, it quickly got hotter, especially when he finally got out into the sunshine in a clearing with a meadow and a pond. So now, he decides to step across a patch of muddy ground before finally taking off the sweater. There are some animal tracks on the surface of the mud, so it looks innocent enough... :roll:

Here is a patch of innocent-looking disturbed ground. You would never guess that it conceals a 6' 2" grown man, standing up, and slowly suffocating underneath the sticky, doughy ooze! How is he ever going to escape this deadly, smothering mire? Watch and see!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

kwiksand1

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Sep 13'th, 201

Postby kwiksand1 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:42 am

That was another amazing sink! Thank you AGAIN for sharing these great videos.

The mud not only looked amazing, it sounded awesome as you were struggling in the mire... I watched it with some good, in-the-ear-style headphones and the sound was vastly improved compared to the speaker on my laptop. I liked the sound so much that I am going to save the video to the i-Pod and listen to it in the car!

steve84

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Sep 13'th, 201

Postby steve84 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:36 am

INCREDIBLE!!!
"This one's for the ladies".... well I ain't no lady and I wanna see it! :D

Boggy Man

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Vids! Updated Sep 24'th, 2012!

Postby Boggy Man » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:32 am

On Friday, August 3'rd, I had my 5'th outing of the season, where I returned to the Crescent Road pond, hoping to do some sinking, but unfortunately, a recent cold front resulted in a cool northerly flow that day, and so I wound up spending the entire day waiting for things to warm up enough, which it just fell short of. :( But, in the meantime, I explored a number of meadows in the area, north of my Crescent Road pond, some of which I had explored before in the past, but obviously not all. In fact, I discovered in one meadow, there was one small but deep pond, surrounded by a quaking bog I didn't know about! :D It looked like there could be some deep, sinkable mud on the west side as well, which still needed a few more weeks to become exposed! :D However, I wasn't certain whether I would get around to trying it out, since I knew that my Crescent Road pond sinking spot would be so much better. :? But, if I feel that things get too risky sinking at the Crescent Road pond during hunting season, since it is just barely in view of a distant dirt road, perhaps I could try out this new area, since it is far from any roads! :)

I took two videos of the floating bog quaking around me as I agitated it, and merged them together into one (sorry, no sinking this time, but you just wait! :twisted: ):

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

kwiksand1

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Sep 24'th, 201

Postby kwiksand1 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:03 am

My pants are quaking watching that!
Can't wait to see the sink!!

The Boglurker

Re: Boggy Man's Dramatic Sink Videos! Updated Sep 24'th, 201

Postby The Boglurker » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:50 am

I love these pits, so thick and pulsing as if they were alive!

Return to “Home Movies”