Can't get something here at Quicksand Fans to work? Post your issue here.
Lord Malaphus

Postby Lord Malaphus » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:07 am

LM
Last edited by Lord Malaphus on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beyond caring. My last straw is gone.

Boggy Man

Re: Just wondering....

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:35 am

If there is sinking involved in the story, then it will be gladly welcomed in the "Stories" forum. 8-)
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:55 pm

and some of us prefer Horror scenarios over Erotic ones anyway
then you'll get to choose Grim or Not Grim for the ending :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:20 pm

MadMax359 wrote:and some of us prefer Horror scenarios over Erotic ones anyway
then you'll get to choose Grim or Not Grim for the ending :twisted:

Precisely! :twisted:

Lomax
Location: Skating the edge of sanity, never knowing which way I'm facing.

Postby Lomax » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:48 pm

Lord Malaphus wrote:I just got hit with a great story idea ... But the thing is it won't be an erotic sinker story. It is a horror one. But I'm wondering if I can post it here when I get to concocting it? And if so what section should I post it?

If it's a story, and it has sinking in it - then post it in the stories section.

I know that this sit is subtitled "The Home for Quicksand Fetishism," but I like to think it's a lot more than that. Personally, I don't count quicksand as one of my fetishes, and it rarely if ever features in my sexual fantasies (and never you mind what DOES feature...). I'm drawn to quicksand for its melodramatic potential. It's unique property whereby someone can be a mere inch from death, yet still be capable of being delivered entirely unharmed. I don't object to seeing pretty girls naked, nor to them being dumped in quicksand - but I would rather see a good sinking scene with a fully-clothed man than a bad one with a naked woman.

So; when reading a story, I relish the suspense. Will the protagonist live or die? Which, incidentally, is why I HATE it when people prefix their stories with "grim" or "not grim" - giving away the ending before I even start reading. But that might just be me.

When I write a story, I don't set out to make it erotic. That Cthulhu one I told you about the other day - would you class it as erotic? OK, it has a girl in it as a minor character, but she's not a sex object (and she wasn't in the first draft at all), and the focus of the story is entirely elsewhere. I've written several other stories without have a shred of eroticism - without drawing a word of complaint.

So. If your story has sinking in it, post it.
In order to make an apple pie from scratch you first have to create the universe.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:12 pm

Lomax wrote:
Lord Malaphus wrote:I just got hit with a great story idea ... But the thing is it won't be an erotic sinker story. It is a horror one. But I'm wondering if I can post it here when I get to concocting it? And if so what section should I post it?

If it's a story, and it has sinking in it - then post it in the stories section.

I know that this sit is subtitled "The Home for Quicksand Fetishism," but I like to think it's a lot more than that. Personally, I don't count quicksand as one of my fetishes, and it rarely if ever features in my sexual fantasies (and never you mind what DOES feature...). I'm drawn to quicksand for its melodramatic potential. It's unique property whereby someone can be a mere inch from death, yet still be capable of being delivered entirely unharmed. I don't object to seeing pretty girls naked, nor to them being dumped in quicksand - but I would rather see a good sinking scene with a fully-clothed man than a bad one with a naked woman.

So; when reading a story, I relish the suspense. Will the protagonist live or die? Which, incidentally, is why I HATE it when people prefix their stories with "grim" or "not grim" - giving away the ending before I even start reading. But that might just be me.

When I write a story, I don't set out to make it erotic. That Cthulhu one I told you about the other day - would you class it as erotic? OK, it has a girl in it as a minor character, but she's not a sex object (and she wasn't in the first draft at all), and the focus of the story is entirely elsewhere. I've written several other stories without have a shred of eroticism - without drawing a word of complaint.

So. If your story has sinking in it, post it.

Well said.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Lord Malaphus

Postby Lord Malaphus » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:10 am

Beyond caring. My last straw is gone.

Return to “Technical”