.jpg saving as .php

Can't get something here at Quicksand Fans to work? Post your issue here.
arisumudvixen

.jpg saving as .php

Postby arisumudvixen » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:37 am

I have no idea what's happening. but i was trying to save a few photos from the manipulations thread and they save as file.php instead of _____.jpg

any idea?

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Re: .jpg saving as .php

Postby dlodoski » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:54 pm

arisumudvixen wrote:I have no idea what's happening. but i was trying to save a few photos from the manipulations thread and they save as file.php instead of _____.jpg

any idea?

Hmm. It sounds like you are somehow saving the page instead of the image. 'Right Clicking' on the image itself (on a desktop) is the surest way of getting the right options.

Beyond that, you will have to get specific about the browser/device you are using.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

arisumudvixen

Postby arisumudvixen » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:00 pm

I'm on my desktop windows xp Using firefox

arisumudvixen

Postby arisumudvixen » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:52 am

seems in the URL when i try to view image there is file.php which is what the browser saves it as, and I've tried using the right click the same thing happens.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:04 am

arisumudvixen wrote:seems in the URL when i try to view image there is file.php which is what the browser saves it as, and I've tried using the right click the same thing happens.

Hmm, even if you select 'save image as' ?

If that's the case, I can only surmise that XP is somehow the culprit.

Maybe you could consider trying Chrome, just for kicks.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

arisumudvixen

Postby arisumudvixen » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:11 am

I tried it in EI to the same result but oddly Google chrome works. eh. i suppose I'll have to access the forum on chrome from now on

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:51 am

I think that when you right click and "Save Link As..." to download an image, and it takes too long to respond, then file.php comes up instead of the actual filename. I have had that happen occasionally, and all I had to do was "Cancel" and then "Save Link As..." again, and repeat the process until the correct filename popped up. I use Firefox.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:46 pm

Boggy Man wrote:I think that when you right click and "Save Link As..." to download an image, and it takes too long to respond, then file.php comes up instead of the actual filename. I have had that happen occasionally, and all I had to do was "Cancel" and then "Save Link As..." again, and repeat the process until the correct filename popped up. I use Firefox.

My knowledge of php is imperfect but when browsers request a page that is php they do not RECEIVE a php page. When a php page is accessed, the part of it that is IN php is EXECUTED by the server but what is sent is all html (or other code meant to be executed on the client machine.) "Save link as" is to save the hyperlink, which is the name of the file on the server, not its content.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:08 am

Fred588 wrote:
Boggy Man wrote:I think that when you right click and "Save Link As..." to download an image, and it takes too long to respond, then file.php comes up instead of the actual filename. I have had that happen occasionally, and all I had to do was "Cancel" and then "Save Link As..." again, and repeat the process until the correct filename popped up. I use Firefox.

My knowledge of php is imperfect but when browsers request a page that is php they do not RECEIVE a php page. When a php page is accessed, the part of it that is IN php is EXECUTED by the server but what is sent is all html (or other code meant to be executed on the client machine.) "Save link as" is to save the hyperlink, which is the name of the file on the server, not its content.

In the Firefox popup menu, "Save Link As..." saves its contents, not the name of the location. There is a "Copy Link Location" item in the popup menu, which does save the url into your copy/paste buffer.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Return to “Technical”