Clicking "Go Under" keeps sending sending me back........

Can't get something here at Quicksand Fans to work? Post your issue here.
whizbang18

Clicking "Go Under" keeps sending sending me back........

Postby whizbang18 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:04 pm

....to the main intro page. I had clicked on "GO Under" to enter the forum only to be kicked back to the top of the intro page more than twenty times. This is really aggravating and am wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

MuddyEddie

Re: Clicking "Go Under" keeps sending sending me back.......

Postby MuddyEddie » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:43 pm

Sounds like you might have cookies disabled. But I guess you figured it out since you did finally make it here to post the question! :mrgreen:

newtothis2

Postby newtothis2 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:43 am

I had the same problem when I first discovered this site and I came back a couple times a day for several days before I was able to actually log in, but persistance paid off. :lol:

whizbang18

Postby whizbang18 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:49 pm

Actually, this problem has gotten worse for me. I clicked on "Go Under" to enter only to be bumped back more than 20 times! This has happened more than once lately. I wonder if they should fix this bug soon before it compromises the site.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sat May 01, 2010 1:28 am

Within any one week I access quicksandfans.com from no fewer than four different computers. On one of those, a laptop, I have experienced the phenomenon described here fairly frequently. It always enters successfully on the second try and always on the first from the other four machines. All four are running XP, one of them XP-64 and that's not the laptop. This leads me to suspect the problem may have to do with timing of some sort. My laptop is the slowest of the four machines I use. Is your machine relatively old? Is it running other things in the background?

whizbang18 wrote:Actually, this problem has gotten worse for me. I clicked on "Go Under" to enter only to be bumped back more than 20 times! This has happened more than once lately. I wonder if they should fix this bug soon before it compromises the site.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Sat May 01, 2010 7:00 am

I always need to click that link twice, probably because I let Firefox clear all my cookies when I close it.

I just tried disabling cookies altogether, and I could not get in at all. What I don't get however, is why you should get in after clicking on that link X times.
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Wed May 05, 2010 9:20 pm

I think the people who have this problem ought to specify more details about their systems. At least, what OS and what browser they use. And did they make any special precautions to keep privacy (like, disabling cookies, etc).
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:53 am

I have to click twice on "go under" to get in- running Google Chrome on Vista. I thought it was a feature to only allow the most dedicated QS fans in. ;)
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Kookus

Postby Kookus » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:40 am

nachtjaeger wrote:I have to click twice on "go under" to get in- running Google Chrome on Vista. I thought it was a feature to only allow the most dedicated QS fans in. ;)

That was the idea, but I don't think it's been working properly. I have made a change which should make it behave better.

Please let me know if it continues to act up.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:58 am

Kookus wrote:
nachtjaeger wrote:I have to click twice on "go under" to get in- running Google Chrome on Vista. I thought it was a feature to only allow the most dedicated QS fans in. ;)

For six years I worked for a place that would never upgrade computer software or hardware until the roof practically caved in.

To me, nothing's broke 'til it literally rolls over dead with four paws in the air...gets rigor mortis, and has X's instead of eyes.

I noticed this quirk ages ago. I never thought to complain about it. I just kept clickin' on in.

Nessie

Return to “Technical”