Downlaoding from youtube

Can't get something here at Quicksand Fans to work? Post your issue here.
tempman

Re: Downlaoding from youtube

Postby tempman » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:08 am

I use a Firefox extension called Videotap. Works for any video online, a life saver!

QuicksandMania

Postby QuicksandMania » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:47 pm

MuddyEddie wrote:YouTube requires that the owners of the copyrighted material formally complain about the videos that they want removed. So if one person posted three videos, and another person posted two videos, there's a chance that only one of them got "caught".

Don't get me wrong! I fully believe in the rights of people to have the freedom to post anything they want on YouTube. But when it's in violation of copyright laws, then that's crossing the line. The folks here (Duncan, Dave, Fred, and all the others) put a lot of time and effort into their work. And when I find one of their posts on YouTube I'm very quick to bring it to their attention (in a private message, of course).

Have you tried contacting the folks at La Talpa directly? Perhaps they do have a way for you to buy the videos.

The same people posted all the "La Talpa" videos -- both retained and removed:

http://www.youtube.com/user/supertalpa

That is what I find so puzzling.

The "La Talpa" site is in Italian and I could not find anything based on my broken American English reading of it suggesting ways to order anything.

MuddyEddie

Postby MuddyEddie » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:48 am

QuicksandMania wrote:The same people posted all the "La Talpa" videos -- both retained and removed:

Then that, indeed, is a mystery!

Eddie

mudxdresser

Postby mudxdresser » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:18 pm

One alternative to "downloading", which is really not provided for by YouTube, is to do a screen capture yourself using CamStudio 2.0 which is freeware. I believe most of those browser plugin things are just doing a screen capture anyway behind the scenes.

quicksanimator

Postby quicksanimator » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:13 pm

I use Complete YouTube Saver, myself. You just visit a YouTube video page, and the YTube Saver icon lights up in the toolbar. You click it and pick a format, and it begins downloading in the browser's own download manager. I had to manually add the icon to my toolbar after installing the add-on to use it, but maybe that's only an issue for the SeaMonkey browser that I use.

Complete YouTube Saver for Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ube-saver/
... for SeaMonkey: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamon ... ube-saver/

Return to “Technical”