Long-Term File Storage

Can't get something here at Quicksand Fans to work? Post your issue here.
tempman

Re: Long-Term File Storage

Postby tempman » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:39 pm

I've just invested in a NAS system for my home business/network. The base unit was £300 and I paid £150x2 for two 3tb drives. I mean it's pricey but when you're dealing with super important files then it's worth it. I'm considering setting up a partial offsite backup unit hidden in my garage to mirror every HDD in the house. So incase there's a fire or damage to the house then I can just open a locker and pull out the backup unit.

Personally I wouldn't use offsite/online storage. But I think that's just me being a private person :D

Nessie
Producer

Re: Long-Term File Storage

Postby Nessie » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:24 pm

Since I bought a hi-def camera, I've wondered about that. If you can't fit a clip on a DVD, is it too large to try to sell, or do people really want all those extra pixels anyway? Are they willing to buy the storage?

I bought something called Aieseesoft Converter to deal with my .mts files, and while it's taking it out of .mts and turning it into something I can edit, it can also clip the clip in half.

I don't know about you guys, but that's what I'm going to do with anything I download that is too big for one DVD.

Nessie

Return to “Technical”