Video editing

Can't get something here at Quicksand Fans to work? Post your issue here.
Gitget

Video editing

Postby Gitget » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:08 pm

I just got a Panasonice HDC-SDT750.
Can anyone recommend software to get the video off the SD card. I was filming in 1080P.
The HD Writer that came with the camera doesn't see the files on the camera.
I see some of the clips on this site are labled 1080P.
Thanks

Fred588
Producer

Re: Video editing

Postby Fred588 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:52 pm

The resolution has nothing to do with it. If the software that came with the camera can't see the files then most likely there is some kind of incorrect setting somewhere. Ask your dealer for help.

Any editing software, such as Adobe Premier, ought to be able to handle the offload, provided it can see the file, UNLESS the file is compressed in some prprietary format or with a codec that the editing system does not have.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Robert
Producer

Postby Robert » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:13 pm

Fred588 wrote:Any editing software, such as Adobe Premier, ought to be able to handle the offload, provided it can see the file, UNLESS the file is compressed in some prprietary format or with a codec that the editing system does not have.

The codec seams the most likely but as Fred advised seek help from your dealer.

I have been bypassing the editing program I use (Pinnacle) and offload directly to an external hard drive from the camera.

Robert

Sydney

Postby Sydney » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:24 am

I tend to not rely on camera software to offload SD cards, I have an external USB hub/card reader that handles mine for the desktop machine, and my laptop came with an SD card reader. I just pull the card out of my camera, and plug it into the reader, and it comes up like a USB thumbdrive.
Taking anything too seriously is as big a threat as not taking it seriously enough. - Berke Breathed,

Robert
Producer

Postby Robert » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:03 am

Sydney wrote:I tend to not rely on camera software to offload SD cards, I have an external USB hub/card reader that handles mine for the desktop machine, and my laptop came with an SD card reader. I just pull the card out of my camera, and plug it into the reader, and it comes up like a USB thumbdrive.

I had a bad experience taking out a card once.. just my preference to offload from the camera now and one less thing to go wrong.

Robert

MuddyEddie

Postby MuddyEddie » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:09 pm

Robert wrote:I had a bad experience taking out a card once.. just my preference to offload from the camera now and one less thing to go wrong.

You too?

I had taken a number of pictures on my camera, some of which were once-in-a-lifetime shots. Pulled the SD card out of the camera and slid it into the computer. It came up with an error message so I put the card back in the camera. But all the pictures were gone! Turns out that when you plug an SD card into a Vista or Windows 7 computer, Windows starts creating thumbnails of all the pictures immediately. When it does it actually writes those to the card. And if there's an error, it overwrites the directory, effectively deleting everything on the card.

So when I plug the card into the computer, I make damned sure that the "protect" tab is engaged on the card!

Return to “Technical”