The Dawns Here are Quiet - 2016(?)

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
PM2K
Always Remembered

The Dawns Here are Quiet - 2016(?)

Postby PM2K » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:46 am

Here's the bog drowning scene from The Dawns Here are Quiet, from a link posted on the Dead Skirts site (if that's kosher...)

It is a cool scene - full color this time - and the bog is under the water, although the actress does bring up some peat to float before she vanishes.

The 70's one was a better scene, but this is worth seeing too.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zyaau5e0a ... haq+e3.wmv

bogbud

Re: The Dawns Here are Quiet - 2016(?)

Postby bogbud » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:16 pm

Good scene!
Not THAT great like the original but a close one.
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:35 am

bogbud wrote:Good scene!
Not THAT great like the original but a close one.

Yeah... she does go under quick... but that's more for realism, I think. Basically, under the water a hole in the bog opened up beneath her and sucked her down. Still cool. I heard the Chinese and the Indian cinemas have their own versions of the same story, with the same bog scene.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:09 pm

I liked the bubbles... It would have been a lot better if we saw her submerge, and then the bubbles.

General Woundwort

Postby General Woundwort » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:51 pm

PM2K wrote:I liked the bubbles... It would have been a lot better if we saw her submerge, and then the bubbles.

THIS

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:32 pm

And in the true original - in the novel - it happens differently from all the movies... She actually got stuck and could not reach to her staff, and she struggled pretty long there. She have seen the sun rising. But the water (about 5 degrees centigrade) finished her. She passed out and drowned. By the way, people say that this is how most people drown in bogs in real life - it rarely happens quick. It takes hours, sometimes even days...
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:53 pm

Billie Bonce wrote:And in the true original - in the novel - it happens differently from all the movies... She actually got stuck and could not reach to her staff, and she struggled pretty long there. She have seen the sun rising. But the water (about 5 degrees centigrade) finished her. She passed out and drowned. By the way, people say that this is how most people drown in bogs in real life - it rarely happens quick. It takes hours, sometimes even days...

Which is why I prefer the fantasy...

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:27 am

PM2K wrote:
Billie Bonce wrote:And in the true original - in the novel - it happens differently from all the movies... She actually got stuck and could not reach to her staff, and she struggled pretty long there. She have seen the sun rising. But the water (about 5 degrees centigrade) finished her. She passed out and drowned. By the way, people say that this is how most people drown in bogs in real life - it rarely happens quick. It takes hours, sometimes even days...

Me too.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:35 pm

Underwater mud can be really dangerous. Be careful folks, when you cross innocent looking ditches or slow streaming brooks! Almost swamped my chestwaders one time while really trying not to sink deeper.
Regarding the video: Any chance to grab an English translation of the original book? I was only able to find Russian, Chinese, Turkish(?) and German editions while searching for it.
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:46 pm

dlodoski wrote:
PM2K wrote:

Me too.
Everyone have their own preferences. I, for instance, don't like it when people drown in bogs, including models in fetish video. I am ready to see them sinking, getting stuck, struggling, helping each other, failing to help each other, desperate, scared, hysterical, waiting for their doom, anything. But no drowning, and - the last but not the least - no bubbles. :roll:
bogbud wrote:Regarding the video: Any chance to grab an English translation of the original book? I was only able to find Russian, Chinese, Turkish(?) and German editions while searching for it.

I believe I have seen such a translation and even posted the link on this forum years ago. It was not free - it was a book that was being sold via Amazon (again, it's what I remember, which can be only partially true). However I just spent good half an hour searching, and I can approve: I can't find any signs of existence of an English translation.
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Return to “Nuggets”