Quicksand odds and ends

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
BogDog

Re: Quicksand odds and ends

Postby BogDog » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:58 am

Continued...

political-cartoonl-quicksand05.jpg

political-cartoonl-quicksand06.jpg

political-cartoonl-quicksand07.png

political-cartoonl-quicksand08.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:59 am

...aaannnnddd....

political-cartoonl-quicksand09.jpg

political-cartoonl-quicksand10.jpg

political-cartoonl-quicksand11.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:34 am

And one final bonus 'toon of a non-political nature...

2-2002-12-21.gif

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:00 am

This was in the newspaper comics section a few days ago...

bctarpit.jpg

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:22 am

Nice additions, BogDog! :D

mudmaiden

Postby mudmaiden » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:51 am

I have a few odds and ends here, pic found on the net by a Bing search. I apologize some of them were posted before. I also apologize if I posted someone's protected work, to which I could delete as requested if necessary. Enjoy !!
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:08 pm

Thanks for these, mudmaiden. I think the middle one is someone's cartoon fake, but I don't know whose.

Here's a few more items I came across.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:41 am

Found this one on a Spanish language webpage titled

"Cómo sobrevivir a 10 situaciones extremas" or "How to survive 10 extreme situations".

This was number three:

arenas-movedizas-quicksand.jpg

Text with the photo:

QUOTE: La arena movediza ha alcanzado a Grylls una y otra vez, y también ha visto a muchos animales atrapados en ella. “Tienden a morir de cansancio”, dice.

Afortunadamente, los humanos tienen un cerebro mucho más grande. “Así que utilízalo y piensa inteligentemente”, dijo Grylls. “Muévete constantemente, incluso si es centímetro por centímetro. Por encima de todo, mantén la calma. El pánico te cansa y te hunde más".

“Intenta sacar a la superficie extremidad por extremidad de forma horizontal y luego arrástrate o nada a un lugar seguro. Te irá mejor si intentas regresar por el lugar en que te metiste, en lugar de seguir hacia delante. Si puedes, utiliza tu mochila o un palo para ayudarte a maniobrar hacia la superficie”.

Translated:

QUOTE: Quicksand has reached Grylls again and again, and has also seen many animals trapped in it. "They tend to die of exhaustion," he says.

Fortunately, humans have a much larger brain. "So use it wisely and think," Grylls said. "Move constantly, even if it's inch by inch. Above all, stay calm. Panic makes you tired and you sink deeper. "

"Try to surface limb by limb horizontally or nothing and then crawl to safety. You are better off if you try to return to the place where you got, rather than move forward. If you can, use your backpack or stick to help you maneuver to the surface. "

mudmaiden

Postby mudmaiden » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:05 pm

Here is more odds and ends. I apologize some of them were posted before. I also apologize if I posted someone's protected work, to which I could delete as requested if necessary. Enjoy !!
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

cnelson566

Postby cnelson566 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:37 pm

Return to “Nuggets”