Holy shit....it wasn't my imagination...

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
quicksander_2000

Holy shit....it wasn't my imagination...

Postby quicksander_2000 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:17 am

OK, so when I was like 13, I watched MTV all the time, and one time I was flipping the channels on the old cable box over to the end of MTV's Basement Tapes, and I caught the tail end of the part where they gave the number to call in for the band you want to win (this was sort of the American Idol of the time, but for music videos in 1983 lol). I was doing something and heard Martha Quinn mention Richard and the Ripper "Sinking in the Quicksand" and all I saw was a foot stepping into a bog. That's it. All I saw. in theory I've wondered what that song and video was like. Only part I remember was "Sinking in the quicksand...it enough to kill a man"

32 years later....someone posted the fucking video from that day. I'm in disbelief, but it shows you never ever know.

Enjoy....good God the 1980s were shitty for videos, but a NICE BOG. Only a male sink, but I don't bitch about such things....

http://youtu.be/zas7yvM4eqc

Quicksander
Seeking to sink, seeking to survive, seeking mostly to sink

myuacc1studios

Re: Holy shit....it wasn't my imagination...

Postby myuacc1studios » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:57 am

I love this song :D
Why don't people go in quicksand/mud with thier flip-flops/sandals on?
Myuacc1

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:31 pm

Cool! :D I never ran into that song before, or the video, so thanks for passing that along.

I remember a quicksand bit from a video by a group called X, where you saw this hand sticking up. A lady leans down to take a wedding ring off of its finger, and then the hand goes under. Alas, that's all I recall, but it was a cool 10 seconds.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:45 am

There's always the bit from Along Comes a Woman by Chicago. I was working in a store selling cameras and video gear when this popped up on a dozen screens at once. I knew it was coming so you can imagine my reaction.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

DangerGirl

Postby DangerGirl » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:44 am

And don't forget Don't Cry by Asia.

john_hose_bag

Postby john_hose_bag » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:59 pm

Was this the song they used for the QS scene in episode of the Super Mario Brothers Super Show cartoon back in the 80's? - For some reason I thought it was Millie Vanilli

Kingsmythe

Postby Kingsmythe » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:06 am

DangerGirl wrote:And don't forget Don't Cry by Asia.

I forgot that one, Su. Nice catch.

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:30 am

And lest we forget, the beautiful and incredibly talented Amy Lee of Evanescence does a sinking scene in their video for "Lithium".

She doesn't get to the spooky looking pool of black water until 2:44, but I highly recommend watching the entire video.

http://youtu.be/PJGpsL_XYQI
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Return to “Nuggets”