Behind the scenes of a swamp scene

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
evilhenchman03

Behind the scenes of a swamp scene

Postby evilhenchman03 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:57 am

Here is a behind the scenes look at a russian movie Чтобы увидеть радугу
involving a woman getting stuck in a swamp. This scene is very watery
for those that are bothered by that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-It0w4m9j7s

PM2K
Always Remembered

Re: Behind the scenes of a swamp scene

Postby PM2K » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:16 pm

Cool! :D Liked how the actress crossed herself before entering the swamp. ;)

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:25 am

Very cool. The struggling was quite realistic, as was her acting.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:16 pm

evilhenchman03 wrote:Here is a behind the scenes look at a russian movie Чтобы увидеть радугу

Fine, but IT IS NOT A RUSSIAN MOVIE. IT IS UKRAINIAN MOVIE. It is being produced by Ukrainian media company FILM.UA group, and it is directed by Ukrainian director Oksana Bairak.

Holy shit, how long it will continue? Ukraine was a member of UN since UN was created, even when Ukraine was a part of the Soviet Union. And the Soviet Union never was Russia, it was a union of 15 states, one of them was Russia and one of them was Ukraine. Ukraine is independent state since December 1991. The population is 48 million. And still, you tend to attribute everything Ukrainian to Russia. Guys, this really sucks, no matter how good or bad this particular movie will be.
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:40 pm

Billie Bonce wrote:
evilhenchman03 wrote:Here is a behind the scenes look at a russian movie Чтобы увидеть радугу

Fine, but IT IS NOT A RUSSIAN MOVIE. IT IS UKRAINIAN MOVIE. It is being produced by Ukrainian media company FILM.UA group, and it is directed by Ukrainian director Oksana Bairak.

Holy shit, how long it will continue? Ukraine was a member of UN since UN was created, even when Ukraine was a part of the Soviet Union. And the Soviet Union never was Russia, it was a union of 15 states, one of them was Russia and one of them was Ukraine. Ukraine is independent state since December 1991. The population is 48 million. And still, you tend to attribute everything Ukrainian to Russia. Guys, this really sucks, no matter how good or bad this particular movie will be.

In reply to, and in sympathy with, Billy, I'm afraid that geographic knowledge among many here in the USA is, shall we say, not so good. Some will argue, of course, that they can't distinguish Russian from Ukrainian, but many people also try to say that all __________'s (fill in whatever you like) look alike. On the other hand the vast majority mean no harm when such errors are made so some gentle re-education (I know, that assumes a fact not always in evidence) is beneficial.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

evilhenchman03

Postby evilhenchman03 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:32 am

Billie Bonce wrote:

My Bad. I found it when looking up the word болото. According to google translate it is swamp in russian. So usually the sites and videos I get are russian.
I see now that болото is also swamp in Ukrainian according to that same google page. I got a little lazy and did not translate the title. That would have
revealed the truth.

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:36 pm

Guys, I understand it very well. I am sorry that my post was too emotional, I didn't mean to be rude, I just really upset by this state of affairs. In this particular case it is of no importance at all, because I don't think this movie will be a masterpiece - it is going to be a pretty banal melodrama with a woman who can't choose between two men one of whom is a police officer and another is her high school passion and now a criminal. I also don't expect much from the bog scene. I have no idea why they choose such cold weather for shooting - there are lots of bogs around, virtually all of them are not on private lands, it is possible to film there when you want. The summer is pretty hot here. Why did they need to make the actress to freeze there, and to wear a wetsuit, and to be in a hurry instead of spending there the whole day and getting better filmed material?

Speaking about the language, it is not easy to distinguish. First of all many people here have Russian as their first language, and virtually all Internet resources have both Ukrainian and Russian versions. Of course, speaking is a different thing - it is easy to distinguish Eastern Ukraine accent from Western Ukraine accent, and easy to distinguish Ukrainians speaking Russian from Russians speaking Russian (except for Russian people from certain regions of the North Caucasus who speak similarly to the people from Central Ukraine). The word болото is common for Russian and Ukrainian, in Belorussian it is spelled балота (but sounds very similarly). There is another word In Ukrainian as well - багно, which means mud, bog, and a certain plant growing on the bogs.

And, well, no, the post on YouTube was all in Russian, so translating would not reveal the truth. I actually made a search by the title and found some additional information about the movie. Also, the full title of the movie is a common saying - "to see the rainbow you have to live through the rain". So, well, I must admit, you probably had no way to find out that it is Ukrainian rather than Russian...
So many different suns

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:50 am

Billie, I totally understand. When I tell people I'm from New York, they automatically think of New York City. :evil: New York State is over 149,000 square kilometers- almost the size of England and Wales together. Not a lot smaller than the Balkan States (Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania) put together. But anything outside NYC doesn't matter. :(
"Upstate" wants to secede from NYC and the surrounding counties. But since NYC has more voters than the rest of the state, that's not going to happen by ballot. If things get bad enough, us crazy Upstaters will probably build a wall on the northern border of Westchester and Rockland Counties, and start charging New York City one cent per gallon for water. Less than a dollar a day per resident- they won't miss it. But that will keep taxes nice and low Upstate.

Billie Bonce wrote:Guys, I understand it very well. I am sorry that my post was too emotional, I didn't mean to be rude, I just really upset by this state of affairs. In this particular case it is of no importance at all, because I don't think this movie will be a masterpiece - it is going to be a pretty banal melodrama with a woman who can't choose between two men one of whom is a police officer and another is her high school passion and now a criminal. I also don't expect much from the bog scene. I have no idea why they choose such cold weather for shooting - there are lots of bogs around, virtually all of them are not on private lands, it is possible to film there when you want. The summer is pretty hot here. Why did they need to make the actress to freeze there, and to wear a wetsuit, and to be in a hurry instead of spending there the whole day and getting better filmed material?

Speaking about the language, it is not easy to distinguish. First of all many people here have Russian as their first language, and virtually all Internet resources have both Ukrainian and Russian versions. Of course, speaking is a different thing - it is easy to distinguish Eastern Ukraine accent from Western Ukraine accent, and easy to distinguish Ukrainians speaking Russian from Russians speaking Russian (except for Russian people from certain regions of the North Caucasus who speak similarly to the people from Central Ukraine). The word болото is common for Russian and Ukrainian, in Belorussian it is spelled балота (but sounds very similarly). There is another word In Ukrainian as well - багно, which means mud, bog, and a certain plant growing on the bogs.

And, well, no, the post on YouTube was all in Russian, so translating would not reveal the truth. I actually made a search by the title and found some additional information about the movie. Also, the full title of the movie is a common saying - "to see the rainbow you have to live through the rain". So, well, I must admit, you probably had no way to find out that it is Ukrainian rather than Russian...
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:30 pm

nachtjaeger wrote:Billie, I totally understand. When I tell people I'm from New York, they automatically think of New York City. :evil: New York State is over 149,000 square kilometers- almost the size of England and Wales together. Not a lot smaller than the Balkan States (Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania) put together. But anything outside NYC doesn't matter. :(
"Upstate" wants to secede from NYC and the surrounding counties. But since NYC has more voters than the rest of the state, that's not going to happen by ballot. If things get bad enough, us crazy Upstaters will probably build a wall on the northern border of Westchester and Rockland Counties, and start charging New York City one cent per gallon for water. Less than a dollar a day per resident- they won't miss it. But that will keep taxes nice and low Upstate.

Owww, cool. i can imagine... NYC is so huge that it dominates. By the way, in Ukraine the similar problem - ridiculously - was solved. (I say "ridiculously" because most of other problems were not solved and we don't see a will to solve them soon). Kiev (or Kyiv - the first is the transliteration from Russian, the second - from Ukrainian) is the capital city with 2.8 million inhabitants (officially) and about twice of that amount by reasonable but not acknowledged estimations. There are 24 administrative regions in Ukraine (each called "oblast") around the biggest and the most important cities, and all of them are administrative units together with the corresponding city, but there is one exception - Kiev and "Kiev oblast" are two separate administrative units.
So many different suns

Return to “Nuggets”