Game Bog

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Beast260

Re: Game Bog

Postby Beast260 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:20 pm

interesting.. just Stumbled on this clip.. Game is Call To Arms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3JZdu5Go44

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:54 am

Some Final Fantasy titles may contain quicksand or bottomless swamps, which can either be as an element in dungeons/maps, or as a battle technique. Below is a selection of some of these instances.
FFII -> In Arcana Labyrinth (PSP/Mobile exclusive bonus dungeon), there is a quicksand tile in the desert area, which leads to a hidden room that contains the Oasis key term.
FFIII -> The Bottomless Bog, which acts as a deterrent to accessing Goldor's Mansion, yields a Game Over if the player does not have the Levigrass Boots. Luneth is the one who is involved in the cutscene, where he sinks up to his waist.
FFVI -> Mog's Dance ability has some OHKO abilities, both of which involve sinking. Snare works using the Twilight Requiem, and Antlion is part of the Desert Lullaby. In the video, the enemies' AI scripts were modified in order to present these techniques easily, with the player as the target.
Last edited by XCLBR on Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
* That video game quicksand collector your parents warned you about.

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:01 am

Damdam Stompland, a Japan-exclusive PS1 game involving shadow tag, has a couple of arenas with bottomless bogs, namely, the Moell Cogail, a lone island surrounded by mud, the York Toboon, which is a desert with a small antlion-type quicksand pit, and the Wanipa Koon, which is a marshland with four crocodiles circling around the central area.
Last edited by XCLBR on Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:00 am

Thank you for these. Do you happen to have Pirate's Curse or Half-Genie Hero? I'd love to see some vids of Shantae playing in the quicksand...

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:03 am

SinkerCutie wrote:Thank you for these. Do you happen to have Pirate's Curse or Half-Genie Hero? I'd love to see some vids of Shantae playing in the quicksand...

That I am planning to get. No promises as to when I would have those, though, considering other stuff in my queue.

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:31 am

elefseus wrote:
SinkerCutie wrote:Thank you for these. Do you happen to have Pirate's Curse or Half-Genie Hero? I'd love to see some vids of Shantae playing in the quicksand...

That I am planning to get. No promises as to when I would have those, though, considering other stuff in my queue.

Ah. OK. Thanks.

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:22 pm

Swamps are a staple environment in the Lost in Blue trilogy for the DS. This video is a showcase of those areas, where some of the playable characters wade through these bogs.
Last edited by XCLBR on Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJlurker

Postby DJlurker » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:56 am

Thanks for all these finds, even if some of them are a bit of a letdown... :)

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:02 pm

As documented by Aiko from the first page of this thread, Gold Rush has a river that conceals a bog in which the player sinks into, leading to his inevitable demise. Here is some footage of the aforementioned scenario, which I have recently discovered on Youtube.

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:11 am

In Bleach: Blade Battlers 2nd for the PS2, there exists a desert stage which is surrounded by quicksand, which also pops out randomly within the arena.

Bonus: Though Soul Calibur 2's Egyptian Crypt area has already been mentioned in the first page, with a video link, here are two videos with improved quality, both of which are compilations of each of the women in the cornstarch-like quicksand, with the fighting omitted in order to focus on the sinking aspect. The first one shows them sinking individually, while the second features two of the women at the same time.
Last edited by XCLBR on Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Nuggets”