Yet More Comic Book Sinking Scenes

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
PM2K
Always Remembered

Re: Yet More Comic Book Sinking Scenes

Postby PM2K » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:13 pm

water_bug_62208 wrote:
PM2K wrote:And now... the Wonder Woman tar pit scene, from Justice League Of America #1, The World of No Return!

Nice find! I have the two frames of Wonder Woman stuck in the tar pit on the first page, but not the entire pages. It's nice to see that even someone as strong and powerful as Wonder Woman can get hopelessly stuck and sink to her doom in gooey tar, and requiring someone with the strength of Superman to pull her free.

Her pose as she struggles to free her stuck legs on the first page is beautifully drawn, and I love how her superhuman strength merely drives her powerful legs even deeper into tar as she slowly sinks into the dark depths below. I also love how the narrative at the top of the first frame on the second page notes that Superman had to heave on Wonder Woman's arms twice to free her and that you can see the tar relentlessly stretching up after her when he finally frees her... love the idea that her legs were hopelessly stuck really bad in the tar.

Thanks for sharing!

I was thinking of those frames you posted waterbug and kept searching for the scene. Glad to have found it. WW is well overdue for another struggle in the tar... or mire or quicksand... ;)

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:55 am

PM2K wrote:
water_bug_62208 wrote:
PM2K wrote:And now... the Wonder Woman tar pit scene, from Justice League Of America #1, The World of No Return!

Nice find! I have the two frames of Wonder Woman stuck in the tar pit on the first page, but not the entire pages. It's nice to see that even someone as strong and powerful as Wonder Woman can get hopelessly stuck and sink to her doom in gooey tar, and requiring someone with the strength of Superman to pull her free.

Her pose as she struggles to free her stuck legs on the first page is beautifully drawn, and I love how her superhuman strength merely drives her powerful legs even deeper into tar as she slowly sinks into the dark depths below. I also love how the narrative at the top of the first frame on the second page notes that Superman had to heave on Wonder Woman's arms twice to free her and that you can see the tar relentlessly stretching up after her when he finally frees her... love the idea that her legs were hopelessly stuck really bad in the tar.

Thanks for sharing!

I was thinking of those frames you posted waterbug and kept searching for the scene. Glad to have found it. WW is well overdue for another struggle in the tar... or mire or quicksand... ;)

Thank you very much for searching for these! And, I agree... seeing a muscular, scantily dress woman like Wonder Woman bravely struggling to free her stuck and sinking legs from a muddy trap is a treat.

Hispanian1

Postby Hispanian1 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:42 pm

water_bug_62208 wrote:
PM2K wrote:
water_bug_62208 wrote:

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you very much for searching for these! And, I agree... seeing a muscular, scantily dress woman like Wonder Woman bravely struggling to free her stuck and sinking legs from a muddy trap is a treat.

I hope you like it

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5537&p=106104#p106104

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:19 am

Here's something different.... it was passed along to me by a member of QSA who wishes to remain anonymous. This is pretty cool, I thought.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:55 am

Sounds pretty familiar to me, and I bet to a lot of folks here.

PM2K wrote:Here's something different.... it was passed along to me by a member of QSA who wishes to remain anonymous. This is pretty cool, I thought.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:12 am

PM2K wrote:Here's something different.... it was passed along to me by a member of QSA who wishes to remain anonymous. This is pretty cool, I thought.

I enjoyed that. The artwork reminded me of an old R.Crumb comic book.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

tanya_wam

Postby tanya_wam » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:40 am

Okay now that is like totally weird... did this actually get printed somewhere? :shock:
Oh tosh! Tanya retorted, quicksand churning,
Round her knees, then thighs, then oh dear!
It got intimate with her hips and her panties,
And squished rather funnily up her rear!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:17 pm

tanya_wam wrote:

Okay now that is like totally weird... did this actually get printed somewhere? :shock:

As far as I know. The person just didn't want to be known.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:10 am

Here's a cool one... from Cable #13. Too bad their positions weren't reversed, but a cool scene nonetheless.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SmileyMcDeath

Postby SmileyMcDeath » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:07 pm

Gotta love Liefeld. :D

Return to “Nuggets”