Yet More Comic Book Sinking Scenes

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
PM2K
Always Remembered

Re: Yet More Comic Book Sinking Scenes

Postby PM2K » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:10 pm

Here's a scene from a war comic set in Vietnam, of all places... Capt. Hunter on a mission to retrieve a pilot who goes under in quicksand. He goes in to save him... and an attractive Vietnamese lady helps them both out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:18 pm

Couple more... a Swamp Thing scene, bad guy gets comeuppance in the Vault of Horror, and Wildcat tricked into quicksand by the Huntress.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:07 am

Hi PM2K, I previously missed your post of that comic with Cable in the everglades quicksand, just stumbled upon it... what an awesome scene!

While it is a shame that it is Cable in the quicksand, there is still a lady involved so I'm happy... and that scene is really well done! Even has her giving him the useful advice to lie flat on his back.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:27 pm

quagmire_uk wrote:Hi PM2K, I previously missed your post of that comic with Cable in the everglades quicksand, just stumbled upon it... what an awesome scene!

While it is a shame that it is Cable in the quicksand, there is still a lady involved so I'm happy... and that scene is really well done! Even has her giving him the useful advice to lie flat on his back.

It was! :D I ran across a black and white artwork of the page of Cable submerging, and went looking for the scene. I was pretty pleased with it. Still hoping for more ladies in quicksand, but those seem few and far between, alas. Especially rare, and my holy grail, is of a sexy bad girl buying it in quicksand. With enough panels to allow us to savor it. :twisted:

quicksand3D

Postby quicksand3D » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:13 pm

PM2K wrote:Especially rare, and my holy grail, is of a sexy bad girl buying it in quicksand. With enough panels to allow us to savor it. :twisted:

Does Daredevil #222 qualify ?

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:36 pm

quicksand3D wrote:
PM2K wrote:Especially rare, and my holy grail, is of a sexy bad girl buying it in quicksand. With enough panels to allow us to savor it. :twisted:

Does Daredevil #222 qualify ?

Kind of... except Black Widow isn't sucked down to her doom, and she isn't evil. Still a great cover and scene inside. :D

Tim

Postby Tim » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:03 pm

Hi

Here are a few pages from various issues of a British war comic I read when growing up. Unfortunately all male, I don't think any issues ever had any women in them ever.

Hope to find some more soon.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:20 pm

Cool finds! :D Thanks!

I like it when people use quicksand as a weapon. :D

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:50 pm

This scene from the Thor comic has been posted before, but never this sharp and clean. I just love the texture of the quicksand... :D

I also added the English language version of a quicksand scene from the Teen Titans comic, and one from The Phantom.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Mon May 15, 2017 5:50 am

A jungle girl sinks in under the water quicksand.

This is cool as you get both black and white and colored art. From a web comic.

Return to “Nuggets”