Yet More Comic Book Sinking Scenes

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
tanya_wam

Re: Yet More Comic Book Sinking Scenes

Postby tanya_wam » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:11 pm

PM2K wrote:Nice find! :D Always liked these British/Commonwealth comics.

Thank you. They are new to me too! I always thought quicksand and stuff was always American comics! :?

PM2K wrote:On a side note, love your tag line as well. Nice bit of prose there. :D

Thank you again. It's from a work in progress.
Oh tosh! Tanya retorted, quicksand churning,
Round her knees, then thighs, then oh dear!
It got intimate with her hips and her panties,
And squished rather funnily up her rear!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:15 pm

Been a while, but here's a couple more comic book scenes. No ladies, but interesting nonetheless.

First up is an oldie... from a 1965 Batman comic. First, Bruce Wayne is shipwrecked and rescues a young person from a quicksand bog. The next page is from later on in the story... the young kid has been turned into an indestructable monster, and the only way Batman can defeat him is to reenact the quicksand rescue as Bruce Wayne.

Next, is a modern Swamp Thing scene where the title character rescues some dude who encounters quicksand. Yeah... I wished it was his wife in there as well... but it is a cool scene nonetheless.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:05 am

I used to have that Batman comic many moons ago. Thanks!
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

DJlurker

Postby DJlurker » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:55 am

nachtjaeger wrote:I used to have that Batman comic many moons ago. Thanks!

Do you remember how this story ends, just out of curiosity? :geek:

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:14 pm

Nope. I remember that the kid Bruce rescued from the quicksand was really small and weak, and took some kind of serum to make him bigger and stronger. Ended up in a Hulk style transformation, sacrificing brains for brawn.

DJlurker wrote:

This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:59 pm

nachtjaeger wrote:Nope. I remember that the kid Bruce rescued from the quicksand was really small and weak, and took some kind of serum to make him bigger and stronger. Ended up in a Hulk style transformation, sacrificing brains for brawn.

DJlurker wrote:

Kid as monster does series of robberies. Dynamic Duo try repeat3edly to stop him, and fail each time. They figure out he comes from the island, and learn his own brother is controlling him. After the quicksand gambit (the second scene) they arrest the brother, then return to the island for the kid/monster only to find out he escaped off the island.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:22 am

Here's one from the original Swamp Thing, plus a short text story from the Haunt of Fear and a classic Far Side cartoon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:42 am

And now... the Wonder Woman tar pit scene, from Justice League Of America #1, The World of No Return!

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:12 am

Wow, that's awesome!

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:30 am

PM2K wrote:And now... the Wonder Woman tar pit scene, from Justice League Of America #1, The World of No Return!

Nice find! I have the two frames of Wonder Woman stuck in the tar pit on the first page, but not the entire pages. It's nice to see that even someone as strong and powerful as Wonder Woman can get hopelessly stuck and sink to her doom in gooey tar, and requiring someone with the strength of Superman to pull her free.

Her pose as she struggles to free her stuck legs on the first page is beautifully drawn, and I love how her superhuman strength merely drives her powerful legs even deeper into tar as she slowly sinks into the dark depths below. I also love how the narrative at the top of the first frame on the second page notes that Superman had to heave on Wonder Woman's arms twice to free her and that you can see the tar relentlessly stretching up after her when he finally frees her... love the idea that her legs were hopelessly stuck really bad in the tar.

Thanks for sharing!

Return to “Nuggets”