Yet More Comic Book Sinking Scenes

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
PM2K
Always Remembered

Re: Yet More Comic Book Sinking Scenes

Postby PM2K » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:17 pm

Got a line on another scene... In the New 52 reboot of Swamp Thing, apparently he rescues a young couple from quicksand in Issue 1. I'm presuming couple means a man and a lady friend.... ;)

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:33 pm

This is an oldie but goodie... hero and girlfriend about to buy it in quicksand, from 1938... and, yes, it is meant to be quicksand they are sinking in...

This comic page is the one which follows this panel...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:41 am

Here's a scene from crime comics, where a mobster tricks his partners into quicksand in order to keep all the loot.

I redid the quicksand bit as a black and white comic, as I found the original color scheme off register to the point it was hard to see details in the art.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

QuicXander

Postby QuicXander » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:54 am

Cool find! Thanks for sharing.

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:36 am

PM2K wrote:Got a line on another scene... In the New 52 reboot of Swamp Thing, apparently he rescues a young couple from quicksand in Issue 1. I'm presuming couple means a man and a lady friend.... ;)

Looks like you were mis-informed. I found a copy of Swamp Thing v01. No QS anywhere within it's 153 pages... :(

Maybe a different or later issue?

"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:00 am

BogDog wrote:
PM2K wrote:Got a line on another scene... In the New 52 reboot of Swamp Thing, apparently he rescues a young couple from quicksand in Issue 1. I'm presuming couple means a man and a lady friend.... ;)

Looks like you were mis-informed. I found a copy of Swamp Thing v01. No QS anywhere within it's 153 pages... :( Maybe a different or later issue?

I'll double check that....

My mistake... it was from the latest reboot of Swamp Thing (Jan 2016?)

Swamp Thing #1 – Len Wein, writer, Kelley Jones, Illustrator,

The first half of the issue is mostly narration and Swamp Thing wrestling an alligator – which, admittedly, is a lot of fun to watch. Things pick up when Swamp Thing rescues a couple from quicksand, only to find out that they came there looking for him. The couple’s son was the victim of a risky college experiment to raise the dead, and wound up in a coma – until he woke up and disappeared, and is now targeting the other participants in the experiment for revenge as a rampaging zombie. There’s a fun horror vibe to the title, and Jones’ art is excellently creepy, although I still can’t help but feel like Swamp Thing has been set back to an era of the character that doesn’t quite hook me like the character used to. Still, for a six-issue miniseries, the first issue sets up a good storyline, and it’s good to have the characters of the Dark line making a comeback.

That info from an online review.

James diGriz

Postby James diGriz » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:43 am

I have it, and unfortunately it is a male scene. I'll post caps of it in a bit, when I get my scanner working.

Alec is headed through the swamp to rest when he hears Mrs. Wormwood scream for help that her husband fell into quicksand. Alec wades into the quicksand, and tells the husband to take a deep breath. They are seen as Alec walks out of the bog holding Frank, and he is revived.
How unfortunate you didn't have a proper guide to navigate these swamps.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:50 am

Here's a straight forward one...of the be careful what you wish for category...

tanya_wam

Postby tanya_wam » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:43 pm

A friend who is into comics and knows a bit about my interest here alerted me to a page of art where a man is sinking in a swamp.

It gives a comic title - Princess - and a date in August but no year, so I asked if he could find out more, if the next issue or art it was available to see and he actually found a picture, though not very good quality as it's from an eBay sale. Apparently it's from 1964. :oops:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600a.jpg
Oh tosh! Tanya retorted, quicksand churning,
Round her knees, then thighs, then oh dear!
It got intimate with her hips and her panties,
And squished rather funnily up her rear!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:06 pm

Nice find! :D Always liked these British/Commonwealth comics.

On a side note, love your tag line as well. Nice bit of prose there. :D

Return to “Nuggets”