Scream Queens

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
bogbud

Re: Scream Queens

Postby bogbud » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:47 am

Weapon X wrote:Yes!! My only complaint was that she had too much clothing on! :D

:lol:

Lt. Saavik -> Yes, please!
Cougar-Kirstie -> Hmm, MILF is more or less special-interest, isn't it?
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:37 pm

I'd agree with the too much clothing point but not for the reason one might think. Clothing tends to add buoyancy, contrary to common belief, and could be why she spends much of the time not all that deep. The scene would have had more impact, I think, had she been closer to submergence earlier. Of course they may also have made a fairly classic mistake for scene of this type in having the mud not warm enough. The mud does look watery early on but it looks very good later, all in my opinion.

From a technical point of view I think it is probable that there was no final submergence at all by Kirsti or by a stunt double, with that explaining why it isn't shown.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Beast260

Postby Beast260 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:15 pm

for a recent tv show, thats a pretty good mud pit. best ive seen in a while. just a shame she sank up to her chest instantly lol kinda like a slower sink.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:58 pm

Let's not forget the vote! :D

"Who votes for a horrible swamp death?"

I have to admit, that was pretty funny, and that's not a line one hears often.... or at all.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:37 pm

PM2K wrote:Let's not forget the vote! :D

I have to admit, that was pretty funny, and that's not a line one hears often.... or at all.

Exactly. Highlights were good dialogue including that line, an attractive supporting cast, good sound effects, bubbles and hints of post submersion action, and the presence of Jamie Lee Curtis and Kirstie Alley in the same scene. Regardless of it's flaws all of that would have been on a wish list of features a few years ago. Don't forget that this is Jamie Lee Curtis second involvement in a quicksand scene if you include her appearance on Buck Rogers years ago - Buck Rogers in the 25th Century - Unchained Woman
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:43 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:
PM2K wrote:Let's not forget the vote! :D

Exactly. Highlights were good dialogue including that line, an attractive supporting cast, good sound effects, bubbles and hints of post submersion action, and the presence of Jamie Lee Curtis and Kirstie Alley in the same scene. Regardless of it's flaws all of that would have been on a wish list of features a few years ago. Don't forget that this is Jamie Lee Curtis second involvement in a quicksand scene if you include her appearance on Buck Rogers years ago

Also, everyone is clearly having a good time with this, which adds to the atmosphere. :D

The quicksand itself looked nicely goopy, I thought, which is really apparent near the end to the scene. I wonder if they added corn syrup or something to thicken it. It almost reminded me of the slime in the cave sinking sequence from Blueberry, where a cowboy bought it. Not in looks, but in consistency.

Still a damn fine mainstream scene, IMHO.

DJlurker

Postby DJlurker » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:22 pm

The website is not compatible with my iMac, so I can't download the scene... :(

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:36 pm

DJlurker wrote:The website is not compatible with my iMac, so I can't download the scene... :(

Really? I had no problem at all!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:49 pm

DJlurker wrote:The website is not compatible with my iMac, so I can't download the scene... :(

Yeah that doesn't make sense. What happens when you try to download it? What specific error do you get?
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

DJlurker

Postby DJlurker » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:19 pm

It says outright that Safari is not compatible with the site. But I'm not buying Google Chrome for one QS scene- even a good one! :evil:

Return to “Nuggets”