Tina Louise

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
Duncan Edwards

Re: Tina Louise

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:33 pm

MadMax359 wrote:and Abner still went with Daisy Mae??
who is that actress, btw? :twisted:

That's Edie Adams. She was something special in her own right and doesn't get the popular recollection today that she deserves. A really great person who suffered more than her share of personal tragedy and just kept going. She might be best remembered today as Sid Ceaser's way too pretty wife in It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World . If you ever watch that movie you'll notice they did manage to conveniently slit her dress all the way up one of those lovely legs.

Li'l Abner's choice could only have been for Daisy Mae. Not only was she local but keep in mind that the other ladies were intended as parodies. Stupifyin' Jones (Julie Newmar) rendered men complete idiots. We've all known a few ladies like that and Julie certainly had that effect. Appassionata Von Climax (Tina Louise) was really the kind of of over the top Hollywood sex bomb that was common at the time. More than anything else though was Daisy Mae's secret weapon, she was a quicksand fetishist.

lil1.jpg
lil2.jpg
lil3.jpg

Could you have said "No" to that?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:53 pm

Tina even made it to Playboy in 1959.
TLPB1.jpg
TLPB2.jpg

In the interest of giving Mary Ann some time here, Dawn Wells posted this little BTS tidbit to her Facebook page a while back -

IMG_1385.JPG

People used to think Gilligan was an idiot for screwing up so many attempts at getting rescued from that island. WHY would he want to leave this arrangement?

GilliganLucky.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:58 pm

I don't really have to like a lady that much to make a fantasy object of her but there's always something hidden that you can sense. I think this sort of sums up why Mary Ann had the bigger following over the decades -

Dawn Wells and I have never been close, we just never clicked. She was very much about pleasing everyone and I have never been that way.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:29 am

Here is the Ginger and Mary-Anne mud bog scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGTNpFf-xaU
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:34 am

Duncan Edwards wrote:
MadMax359 wrote:and Abner still went with Daisy Mae??
who is that actress, btw? :twisted:

That's Edie Adams. She was something special in her own right and doesn't get the popular recollection today that she deserves. A really great person who suffered more than her share of personal tragedy and just kept going. She might be best remembered today as Sid Ceaser's way too pretty wife in It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World . If you ever watch that movie you'll notice they did manage to conveniently slit her dress all the way up one of those lovely legs.

Li'l Abner's choice could only have been for Daisy Mae. Not only was she local but keep in mind that the other ladies were intended as parodies. Stupifyin' Jones (Julie Newmar) rendered men complete idiots. We've all known a few ladies like that and Julie certainly had that effect. Appassionata Von Climax (Tina Louise) was really the kind of of over the top Hollywood sex bomb that was common at the time. More than anything else though was Daisy Mae's secret weapon, she was a quicksand fetishist.

lil1.jpg lil2.jpg lil3.jpg

Could you have said "No" to that?

whoa... i do remember Edie Adams and she was a winner... but she was a redhead, right? i didn't recognize her as a blonde

and i DO remember this Daisy Mae in quicksand story... it was one of the first times i was inspired by a damsel sinking... was there more? either way... thanks!!
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

Return to “Nuggets”