Quicksand in an old radio show

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
PM2K
Always Remembered

Quicksand in an old radio show

Postby PM2K » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:24 pm

This is pretty neat...

Old radio drama featuring Tarzan. Essentially, there's quicksand below the suspension bridge. Bad guy pushes Tarzan off bridge at the 17 minute mark, he is rescued at the 20:32 minute mark. The bad guy gets it starting 22:58. Not a lot of description or sound effects, but cool nonetheless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GrU7oxchSQ

I read somewhere The Shadow radio series has at least one quicksand scene in it... but that does cover a lot of territory... Hopefully, I'll find a clue to lead me to it. :)

Chimerix

Re: Quicksand in an old radio show

Postby Chimerix » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:28 pm

The Shadow does have quicksand in one episode, but it's brief, brief, brief.

Kent, a damsel, and the bad guy are underground. In a subway, maybe? Caves? Anyway, Kent steps into quicksand. The bad guys laughs and takes the damsel away, leaving Kent to doe. Suddenly, the Shadow is there! No reference whatsoever to how he escaped from the quicksand. The bad guy panics and runs away. The damsel screams "Oh, no, the quicksand!" The bad guy issues one horrified shriek from far away.

My recollection may be inexact, but that's the gist of it!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Re: Quicksand in an old radio show

Postby PM2K » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:08 pm

One really has to fill in the blanks, doesn't one?

I like radio. It can really be effective in setting moods etc.

Return to “Nuggets”