Jungle Girl and the Lost Island of the Dinosaurs

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
BogDog

Postby BogDog » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:49 pm

After years of hearing of this cartoon and seeing pics on an old quicksand-comics website, I finally came across a copy of "Jungle Girl and the Lost Island of the Dinosaurs". The language is NOT english, but the animation is in fine condition.

Here's it's description in the latest release of THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO TV & MOVIE QUICKSAND SCENES:

2002 animated
A young English girl is raised by jungle animals after being shipwrecked on a deserted island. Emma and her animal friends have an adventure on their hands when a group of villains threaten their safety. The young blonde girl, wearing a green safari shirt and a long green skirt, runs through the jungle into a mud pit where she sinks to her knees before pulling herself out, losing her shoes.

LINK:
http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=rtrTM4Q
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

quagmire_uk

Re: Jungle Girl and the Lost Island of the Dinosaurs

Postby quagmire_uk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:38 am

Cool find.

Though just to let people know, the download link is for the entire movie, and the scene lasts 10 seconds. Also, I had an issue with the video being supposedly "broken", but VLC was able to repair the avi file.

So 10 seconds, she she doesn't sink beyond the knees, and I'm the age of the character might be an issue. (Teenager I think, kinda hard to tell with cartoon characters.) But, massive kudos for tracking down this scene, and the few seconds of her being stuck and her pulling herself out were cool, much better than a lot of other stuck scenes in cartoons.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:38 am

quagmire_uk wrote:Cool find.

Though just to let people know, the download link is for the entire movie, and the scene lasts 10 seconds. Also, I had an issue with the video being supposedly "broken", but VLC was able to repair the avi file.

The video was "broken" because the full video is 651.82 MB and Megashares downloads are limited to 550 MB unless you subscribe to their premium ($) service. Fortunately, the scene of interest is in the part that was downloadable, and I extracted it and saved it in a 6.24 MB file. Here are the links to it:

Megaupload:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GI97ERFI

Megavideo (Conversion pending as of 11:30 pm PST Sunday, but should be eventually available):

http://www.megavideo.com/?d=GI97ERFI
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:12 am

I use a popular download manager called Jdownloader (http://jdownloader.org/) that automatically waits and resumes the downloads when they are delayed, so I received the movie intact. it works great for many file storage sites.

(NOTE that not all sites allow resuming with free downloads, but some do.)

groppingmire

Postby groppingmire » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:17 pm

katey manning once agains sinks animated this time

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:01 am

Boggy Man wrote:
...Megavideo (Conversion pending as of 11:30 pm PST Sunday, but should be eventually available):

It's Monday evening, 8:00 pm PST. I just checked, and it says "This video is currently being converted. Conversion stage: null" and there's a "0%" at the end.

Did it seize?

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:58 am

BogDog wrote:
Boggy Man wrote:
...Megavideo (Conversion pending as of 11:30 pm PST Sunday, but should be eventually available):

It's Monday evening, 8:00 pm PST. I just checked, and it says "This video is currently being converted. Conversion stage: null" and there's a "0%" at the end.

Did it seize?

I guess that it hasn't gotten around to the clip yet, since that was the same message I had last night. Hopefully, it will eventually convert, unless Megavideo has a problem with converting a file with an XVID codec inside a QuickTime container. :?
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:14 am

Could be. It's 24 hours later since my last post, and file conversion status is unchanged.

luckykid77

Postby luckykid77 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:37 am

Here's a russian version I found: http://yoougle.ru/news/devochka_iz_dzhu ... 07-08-1190

The small scene starts at 20:31

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:33 am

Since this thread was created I have acquired better skills, tools and resources. Here's the key scene as a stand-alone clip.

As a sort of bonus I included a brief scene at the end where "Jungle Girl", now clad in her leafy jungle garb and being taught to avoid jungle dangers by the animals, leaps over the very same bog where you can still see her boots mired in the sticky muck.

Enjoy: http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3341 ... cpjnlp.mp4 (right-click and select SAVE LINK AS...)

Return to “Nuggets”