QS in "Snow White and the Huntsman"

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
BogDog

QS in "Snow White and the Huntsman"

Postby BogDog » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:39 am

Well, technically it's mud, not sand, and only Snow White's horse gets mired in it while she tries to escape through the Black Forest (good name!).

Still, that's a lot more than Walt Disney gave us in his version.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

marshmouse

Re: QS in "Snow White and the Huntsman"

Postby marshmouse » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:14 am

The fairy tale version of a "car stuck" video.
Peeps!

malice_331

Postby malice_331 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:24 am

I thought about mentioning this when i saw it a couple of weeks back but wasnt sure as it really is a bit of a let down. You dont really see anything at all its a missed opportunity for Kristen Stewart to redeem herself really

Antares

Postby Antares » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Hey Malice, you can't blame Kristen for the Messengers :) As far as I remember the scene was filmed but due to some kind of problem with the production it was dropped.

That said Bogdog you really had me going for a few minutes :evil:

BogDog

Postby BogDog » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:29 am

:?: Not sure what scene you say was dropped, but the one I described was quite intact.

The camera angle was high to show the princess and horse's muddy head for dramatic effect, but you only see the bog at the beginning of the event when they plunge in and the horse does an equine version of a face plant in the stuff. It only last several seconds before she has to abandon her trapped steed to escape pursuers.

I could say more, but it might risk spoiling something, if I haven't already.
"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

malice_331

Postby malice_331 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:15 am

Havn't seen the messengers i'll have to check it out at some point and hopefully the full scene will be included in the deleted scenes that would be awesome

Antares

Postby Antares » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:34 pm

BogDog wrote::?: Not sure what scene you say was dropped, but the one I described was quite intact.

The camera angle was high to show the princess and horse's muddy head for dramatic effect, but you only see the bog at the beginning of the event when they plunge in and the horse does an equine version of a face plant in the stuff. It only last several seconds before she has to abandon her trapped steed to escape pursuers.

I could say more, but it might risk spoiling something, if I haven't already.

BogDog, sorry for the confusion! There was going to be a quicksand scene in the movie "The Messengers" but it was cut due to some production issue. Apparently there were promotional cut-outs advertising the movie featuring this scene (in US supermarkets?) and some of the scene was in the old webisodes released prior to the movie's release. Kristen Stewart was due to be in the quicksand in this movie.

When I saw your thread I thought that Kristen Stewart was actually going to end up in the quicksand rather than the horse - this is what I thought that Malice had meant when he said Kristen would redeem herself i.e. she would end up in quicksand this time round :)

Malice - There are literally a few seconds of the scene on the DVD's special features. It's not worth the bother as it is heavily fragmented around a huge amount of special features and, as the actress was only 16(?) at the time, I don't think it would be permissable to post any aspect of it on these forums (although the mods can confirm this).

Return to “Nuggets”