Daisy Duke in quicksand.

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
jack c

Re: Daisy Duke in quicksand.

Postby jack c » Fri May 10, 2013 1:56 am

This scene is still one of the best mainstream. Yes, it is too fast an initial submersion. Katherine Bach does her best to make it look thick in the sinking scenes. The rescue pull-out is kind of watery and gives it away. But this one remains in my top 20, at least, of mainstream scenes. They were more interested in car jumping and good old boys, and Boss Hogg, and a bunch of other things. This scene is a gem left behind despite their priorities.

cnelson566

Postby cnelson566 » Fri May 10, 2013 2:11 am

Those shorts breaking the surface on the rescue. Probably the part i remember most fondly =D

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Fri May 10, 2013 5:44 am

jack c wrote:This scene is still one of the best mainstream. Yes, it is too fast an initial submersion. Katherine Bach does her best to make it look thick in the sinking scenes. The rescue pull-out is kind of watery and gives it away. But this one remains in my top 20, at least, of mainstream scenes. They were more interested in car jumping and good old boys, and Boss Hogg, and a bunch of other things. This scene is a gem left behind despite their priorities.

Exactly! :D I consider it a miracle it happened at all.

Acidtester

Postby Acidtester » Fri May 10, 2013 1:02 pm

Me too. I was 4 in 1979 when I saw that episode.
And I never forgot it.
If the system had one neck,
You know I'd gladly break it.

jack c

Postby jack c » Sat May 11, 2013 1:18 am

I think that Catherine Bach might be second only to Vera Miles in Tarzan's Hidden Jungle in terms of good-looking female in sinking scene. That certainly helps a bit, I think.

Return to “Nuggets”