Return to the Swamp of Scenes

Share Your Media Finds! Includes scans and incidental on-topic images, as well as links to on-topic items at photo and video sharing sites. Material created by the community should be posted in the Member Submissions forums. Information Nuggets go to General Discussion.
XCLBR

Re: Return to the Swamp of Scenes

Postby XCLBR » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:20 am

In Globe Trekker, season 9, episode 1: Northern France, Justine Shapiro explores Mont St. Michel, where she eventually falls into quicksand, sinking up to her thighs, before getting pulled out of the mire by tour guides.
* That video game quicksand collector your parents warned you about.

seprater

Postby seprater » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:40 am

There is a new-ish low budget movie called Swamp Ape. In it there is a very don't blink or you will miss it of a QS scene with a quite lovely lady. It is odd as the very last part of it looked CG. Very fast, goes under, and inexplicably she turns up later in the swamp apes cage. Don't ask......I don't know how. After years of watching low budget sci-fi and horror, I just roll with it. Also, as a heads up, there are some scenes with the swamp ape getting...um....randy....and...trying to.....yeah......-_- So if you can't handle that kinda stuff, stop watching after the QS scene.

Seprater
Seprater

I sometimes accept requests at seprater.deviantart.com where all of my newest work appears.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:02 am

Found the movie on YouTube without much effort. Looks like a total backyard budget of about $12.00. Maybe less. I think it is noteworthy for a "CGI in a box" scene. Without bragging i can honestly say we would have done much better with a shovel and half hour of prep in that location. Here it is -

https://youtu.be/kQsX352KCts?t=38m48s
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

mudmaiden

Postby mudmaiden » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:30 am

I saw the scene on my phone.Way too short and chopped up, you hardly see the girl in the muck for a meaningful length of time. Although its great to see new quicksand scenes in recent movies or episodes, this one was not worth using up my data on my phone to watch, IMHO!
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:58 pm

The premise of the scene isn't actually too bad. The guy and girl are making out in the forest and strip down to their underwear, and they get spooked by the Ape Man. The female is topless and only manages to grab her top and puts it on while running. It's a pretty classic setup for a story or scene that we might put together, and could be something that our producers might actually create.

The film itself is insanely fast-paced. Even watching it at 0.25x speed, it's still too quick.
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

tanya_wam

Postby tanya_wam » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:51 pm

Viridian wrote:The premise of the scene isn't actually too bad. The guy and girl are making out in the forest and strip down to their underwear, and they get spooked by the Ape Man. The female is topless and only manages to grab her top and puts it on while running. It's a pretty classic setup for a story or scene that we might put together, and could be something that our producers might actually create.

The film itself is insanely fast-paced. Even watching it at 0.25x speed, it's still too quick.

So quicker than usual sand? :lol:
Oh tosh! Tanya retorted, quicksand churning,
Round her knees, then thighs, then oh dear!
It got intimate with her hips and her panties,
And squished rather funnily up her rear!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:19 am

Viridian wrote:The premise of the scene isn't actually too bad. The guy and girl are making out in the forest and strip down to their underwear, and they get spooked by the Ape Man. The female is topless and only manages to grab her top and puts it on while running. It's a pretty classic setup for a story or scene that we might put together, and could be something that our producers might actually create.

I agree! They just have to lose the dude or make him wear the gorilla suit, add another qs model so the ladies can make out and get topless together, and so we can sink two ladies for the price of one. :mrgreen:

Or is that too over the top? I can never tell... ;)

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:04 am

Duncan Edwards wrote:Found the movie on YouTube without much effort. Looks like a total backyard budget of about $12.00. Maybe less. I think it is noteworthy for a "CGI in a box" scene. Without bragging i can honestly say we would have done much better with a shovel and half hour of prep in that location. ....

Yea, the actual 'location' had a great look to it. Would have been nice to doctor it up a little.

But I'm curious about what folks think of the CGI elements. Could be an interesting discussion by itself.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

sixgunzloaded

Postby sixgunzloaded » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:53 pm

dlodoski wrote:But I'm curious about what folks think of the CGI elements. Could be an interesting discussion by itself.

Not terrible for the $12.00 budget, except, at the end of her 5 second, somewhat off-camera sink, the bog looks very round, very dark, and about 2 feet in diameter. :lol: Still, I'd give them props for a decent effort and including a qs scene at all.
As for CGI itself, I think it's great when used appropriately. I think it's way overused in mainstream media in place of practical effects. I mean, is it really any easier or cheaper than digging a hole and filling it with some wet dirt? They're in a swamp anyway, right? :roll:
So many people making and marketing CGI claim that it's "photorealistic" but it's really not quite there yet. Even with the best examples, you can still tell there's something just a little off. Last year's Supergirl scene was a good example.
It's getting better little by little all the time though. I hope they keep improving.
How long did Tarzan watch before deciding to save Jill..?

A20

Postby A20 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:54 am

That scene was pretty laughable with the acting, but the girl is cute though.
Image Fan of tight miniskirts and pantyhose in quicksand Image
A-020's deviantArt | A-020's Patreon | A-020's Gumroad | A-020's Twitter
| A-020's YouTube

Return to “Nuggets”