"Lightning" Wild Western scene - where does it come from?

It can't hurt to ask for stuff - nicely, that is...
dunebar

"Lightning" Wild Western scene - where does it come from?

Postby dunebar » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:20 pm

So I actually have this clip (probably from one of Dave's old updates he used to post with 5 movie/tv scenes), but looking to upgrade it somehow.

Not sure if it's from a movie or TV show, or a "made for TV" movie even. The file title I have is "Lightning" and is a Western/Cowboy scene, a cowboy is in dry quicksand up to his neck while a woman points a rifle at him and taunts him. The cowboy's hand sinks under, then a horse pushes the woman into the quicksand. Looks like it dates from late 80s, early to mid 90s or so.

Any help much appreciated if anyone remembers where this scene came from, thanks!

MDLambert

Re: "Lightning" Wild Western scene - where does it come from?

Postby MDLambert » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:39 pm

It was a cable channel called Showtime, the series was called something like picture windows

dunebar

Postby dunebar » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:15 pm

Thanks very much!
I checked Crypto's list and found it there too. Series was "Picture Windows" and the episode was called "Lightning".

Unfortunately it seems impossible to find anything online aside from a very brief imdb entry. No DVDs, no uploads... shame as I like the scene a lot, and I suspect the first part of the scene is missing from the clip I have, probably whoever recorded it onto VHS from the TV missed the start of the scene while they leapt to the VCR to press record, haha.

cbqdbq

Postby cbqdbq » Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:11 am

Not this one. But when I was a kid I saw quicksand for the first time in a western movie that my dad was watching. this was in the 1960s.

Some kind of fight over a box with gold in it. The guy carying the box was being chased and he walked into quicksand and sank to his arm pits. the two sides fighting over it coperated for a moment. they ran a long wood branch through the handle to lift it off the trapped man's hands then got him out of the quicksand. then, before they could move the gold box, the stick snapped and the box with the gold dropped into the quicksand and sank out of sight and the surface bubbled as the air in the box was replaced with quicksand. the gold was gone, my dad said to me when i asked if the one guy went off screen to go get it.

i guess one day when the quicksand dried out, maybe eventually it would be blown away or something and they'd find the gold, but probably not.
cbqdbq
compeled by qs, demies by qs

Coordinated57

Postby Coordinated57 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:42 pm

I swear somebody had this clip here. Let’s hope they upload it.

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:03 pm

I believe the male in that was Ron Perlman. The clip used to be around on YouTube.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Return to “Requests”