Late 1970's UK TV series, possible male sinking scene.

It can't hurt to ask for stuff - nicely, that is...
steve70

Late 1970's UK TV series, possible male sinking scene.

Postby steve70 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:18 pm

Hi

I'm hoping that somebody remembers a scene I think I remember from the late 1970's, so here goes! I was only a kid in the late 70's so my memory's a bit vague. But I've got a faint memory of a period drama-type programme airing on UK TV sometime in the late 70's, in which a guy submerges (and presumably dies) in mud. I seem to remember - and as I say, my memory could be faulty - that the guy was one of the bad guys, and his death was witnessed by several people. I have/had the impression that one of the watching people may have been played by the actor Philip Latham, but I'm not 100% sure. The actor did have the lead role in the mid-1970's period drama The Pallisers, but I'm not sure if the scene was from that series or not. I know that in 1976, there was a TV version of Lorna Doone, which did featre the villain dying in mud near the end, but for some reason I don't think it was this scene I think I remember. Does anybody know anything about this, or remember the program?

Regards

Steve70

Fred588
Producer

Re: Late 1970's UK TV series, possible male sinking scene.

Postby Fred588 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:46 pm

I did a search in the IMdB for Philip Latham and, from that, got a list of his work. I expect its a VERY long shot bit he played a 1959 role in a production called "The Moonstone." If that is based on the same Moonstone written by Wilkie Collins (I think) then in THAT story quicksand plays a significant role, although in the original and the most recent production it involves a female sinking. Both the date and gender of the sinker are wrong for your inquiry but that could be what you remember. The IMdB also includes a listing for Secret of Blood Island and for another Hammer flick, so possibly those are responsible for the scene you recall.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:13 am

Could you recall which period the drama was set in... ie: was it a costume drama or whatnot? That may help folks narrow this down a bit....any recollection would be helpful....

The Brits did do quite a number of bog/sinking scenes in their dramas for certain... :D

steve70

Postby steve70 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:31 am

PM2K wrote:Could you recall which period the drama was set in... ie: was it a costume drama or whatnot? That may help folks narrow this down a bit....any recollection would be helpful....

The Brits did do quite a number of bog/sinking scenes in their dramas for certain... :D

I think it was a costume drame, perhaps Victorian era but I'm not sure. The guy was perhaps being chased when he got stuck in the mud, and his pursuers watched him sink, not doing anything to help.

cnelson566

Postby cnelson566 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:06 am

I remember a scene in an old movie,with (possibly) Jack Palance? Where the basement of a house had a floor made of quicksand. I remember Jack was in the quicksand,and struggling,i think he broke some pipe or something while trying to pull himself out that had a gas that damaged his brain,so he became mentally challenged,the family that owned the house kinda taking him in as he had a mind of like a 9 year old after? Am i crazy for thinking of this scene? lol.

Boppinabe

Postby Boppinabe » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:27 pm

"Evil Stalks This House".
First one at around 18:00, second at about 42:00.

Boppinabe

Postby Boppinabe » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:28 pm

Tim Kelly

Postby Tim Kelly » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:46 am

It could have been a series on the BBC (I forget what it was called) about the Robin Hood of Wales, Twm Sion Cati; the villain was a troublemaking priest who was inciting the Sherriff of Cardigan against the local peasantry; the priest was played by Philip Madoc and the scene in question took place at the site of the largest peat bog in Wales, Borth Bog in what was at the time Cardiganshire, now known as Dyfed (I think; damn the Tories and their reorganisatoion of the historical counties of Britain!)
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

Tim Kelly

Postby Tim Kelly » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:44 am

Just looked it up on Wikipedia; the late 70s BBC series on Twn Sion Cati was called "Hawkmoor"; set in the 16th century during reign of Queen "Bloody Mary" Tudor; the sinking scene was set in Tregaron Bog and the victim was the evil priest, Vicar Dafyd (Philip Madoc); does this help?
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

steve70

Postby steve70 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:49 am

Tim Kelly wrote:Just looked it up on Wikipedia; the late 70s BBC series on Twn Sion Cati was called "Hawkmoor"; set in the 16th century during reign of Queen "Bloody Mary" Tudor; the sinking scene was set in Tregaron Bog and the victim was the evil priest, Vicar Dafyd (Philip Madoc); does this help?

Yes I think it does. ALthough my memory was very in distinct I did remember that the sinking scene involvedf an older man who was perhaps a priest/minister of religion of some kind. I did a quick search of my own on this and it does seem to "fit the bill".

Return to “Requests”