BM's Boggy Adventure & BG Pix! Updated 11/5/'23!

Pictures that you took and want to share.
Boggy Man

Re: BM's Boggy Backgrounds! Updated Jan 8'th, 2014!

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:51 am

My Thursday, August 22'nd photos continued - Pictures 26-30:

One wet, mucky, mossy spot at my Crescent Road pond:

2013 08 22 4Z Crescent.JPG

Three views of my sinking spot before I shot the 5'th video of the day, to be eventually merged with the previous 4:

2013 08 22 4ZA Crescent.JPG

2013 08 22 4ZB Crescent.JPG

2013 08 22 4ZC Crescent.JPG

After I finished the video (and had some leg cramp issues during the escape), I did some off-camera sinking, followed by cleanup, drying off and getting dressed. Before leaving, I snapped a number of different views of my alluring stirred-up bottomless bog:

2013 08 22 4ZD Crescent.JPG

To be continued...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:52 am

My Thursday, August 22'nd photos continued - Pictures 31-35, more of my stirred-up, bottomless, most inviting, bog before calling it a day (wouldn't you just love to jump into the middle of this stuff?):

2013 08 22 4ZE Crescent.JPG

2013 08 22 4ZF Crescent.JPG

2013 08 22 4ZG Crescent.JPG

2013 08 22 4ZH Crescent.JPG

2013 08 22 4ZI Crescent.JPG

To be concluded...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:52 am

My Thursday, August 22'nd photos continued, the last of the different views of my stirred-up bottomless gooey doughy bog! Wouldn't you just love to jump in? - Pictures 36-38:

2013 08 22 4ZJ Crescent.JPG

2013 08 22 4ZK Crescent.JPG

2013 08 22 4ZL Crescent.JPG

That was quite a load of pictures, spanning a total of 8 posts! Whew! Once again, you can view the total combined video here! 8-)

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

steve84

Postby steve84 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Yes, yes I would just love to jump in... ;)
"This one's for the ladies".... well I ain't no lady and I wanna see it! :D

Boggy Man

Re: BM's Boggy Backgrounds! Updated Jan 28'th, 2014!

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:46 am

After my previous bikeride, I hurt my back at home (hauling pails of rainwater while bending down low under a peach tree), causing me to miss out on an opportunity to take advantage of the hot weather during the Labor Day long weekend several days later, when my bog would have been even more heavenly and thick! :( Then, after that, a cold low moved down the coast, sending scattered thunderstorms up from the south, with hit or miss downpours. :( Then, the low moved inland along the California/Oregon border, and just when I thought it was finally out of our hair, it then instantly shot up straight northward into Washington State, sending a firehose of rain over southern BC from the east! :x After the weather finally improved, I waited about a week for things to dry out before finally going on my fifth outing of the season on Thursday, September 12'th! :) But, it was now hunting season, so I had to be careful.

This time, my main plan was to transfer mud from surrounding areas to my sinking spot to raise its level enough for it to become exposed earlier in the season. Even though I had moved a large black bucket from the "liquid mud and sticks pond" trail entrance to the general area of my "Crescent Road pond" sinking area last time, I felt it was too large, heavy and bulky for the amount of mud I would be transporting at a time, especially with my injured left elbow (Golfer's Elbow). So, when my dad gave me and my bike a lift up into the mountains, I managed to smuggle a smaller pail with me in my saddlebag. I hoped that the rain hadn't affected things, since I hoped to perhaps be able to more easily access mud directly from the pond bottom itself near the sinking spot instead of from beneath the surrounding meadow. But, I was disappointed to see that instead of lower water levels, the meadow around the pond was partially flooded again! :x We had regressed back to late July! :x So, by not going during the Labor Day weekend thanks to a bad back, I missed out on my sinking spot's peak in thickness for 2013! :x Therefore, the pond bottom would be further to reach than I would have wanted, meaning I would have to get it from under the surrounding meadow. :( Here are a couple of pix of the mud with a large puddle in the center:

2013 09 12 5A Crescent.JPG

2013 09 12 5B Crescent.JPG

I had a nice initial sink, playing in the exposed mud outside the puddle. Here are some pix of it after I got out, with the high water flooding patches of it:

2013 09 12 5C Crescent.JPG

2013 09 12 5D Crescent.JPG

2013 09 12 5E Crescent.JPG

To Be Continued...

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:46 am

My Thursday, September 12'th pix continued:

One more pic of the partially flooded, disturbed patch of bottomless mud:

2013 09 12 5F Crescent.JPG

Then, after lunch, I spent the afternoon picking out weak mossy areas amongst the grass, tearing through it, filling the small bucket with the mud from underneath while trying to avoid a layer in the mud containing sticks, and then depositing it into my sinking spot. I got rid of the annoying puddle in the middle of my sinking spot, as well as the rest of the water, in no time (actually there were still traces of water here and there, but nothing of concern)! :) By the late afternoon, I had raised the level of the mud enough to make it's exposure closer to that around the second week of August (perhaps the equivalent of 2 weeks of water level dropping)! :)

Done with the mud transfer for the day, I finally went in to mix it up, my favorite part of the job! :D I noticed that the sun had warmed it up very nicely since the morning, and combined with the gradual seasonal warming deeper down, I felt like I was in bog heaven! :D It was also bubbling swamp gas quite a bit, which really enhanced the bog sinking experience further! :D Unfortunately, although it was soooo tempting to do submergences, I had no time for that and had to exit, clean up, get dressed, and head for home before it got dark (the small bucket was put inside the larger black bucket and hidden in the nearby trees). :( Lengthening tree shadows were starting to cover the bog. Here are the final pictures from that day, showing the the final results of the bog's transformation from that morning's depressing state :) :

2013 09 12 5G Crescent.JPG

2013 09 12 5H Crescent.JPG

2013 09 12 5I Crescent.JPG

2013 09 12 5J Crescent.JPG

To Be Concluded...

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:47 am

The last of my Thursday, September 12'th pix of my restored bog, with the sunshine just out of reach of the quagmire:

2013 09 12 5K Crescent.JPG

2013 09 12 5L Crescent.JPG

I was happy that things were really quiet in the bush that day, considering it was hunting season. :) Because I wanted to just focus on bog-enhancing work after my initial sink, I had no time to make any videos. :( But, in hindsight, I could have easily shot a video of me mixing the bubbling mud up. But then again, I was strapped for time with the shortening daylight hours, and wanted to squeeze in all the enjoyment I could get out of that final sink before leaving. That afternoon of work will make my bog ready, and have it nicely thickening, a little bit earlier during the 2014 sinking season! :)

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Re: BM's Boggy Backgrounds! Updated Feb 13'th, 2014!

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:48 am

On Wednesday, October 23'rd, a time when my outings would normally have long since ended, I had my 6'th and final outing of 2013! We had a "warm" airmass over us, but because the days were so short, the nights long, and the sun so low, all the colder air settled in the valleys (strong temperature inversion), with persistent fog and low cloud keeping things chilly in the valley bottoms. But, up in the mountains, it was nice and sunny, and in the middle of the afternoon, just marginal t-shirt and shorts weather while it was heavy coat weather down in the valleys! :)

After exploring a previously undiscovered meadow to the west of my Crescent Road pond and finding no deep mud around the water, which was into the grass (perhaps I should check it out again this coming summer when water levels are lower), I returned to my Crescent Road pond. I changed into t-shirt and shorts, noticing that while the air felt cool, I was still feeling on the verge of sweating, even in lighter clothes! :) Sun felt warm, shadows felt cool. At the pond, I was disappointed to see that the water levels were even higher than last time, with water once again pooling on top of the mud, a bit more so than last time, and also into the surrounding grass. So, in order to get to the edge of my sinking spot without getting my shoes and socks wet, I had to walk barefoot. However, even in the warmer air, the long nights and low sun had taken their toll. :shock: The water in the surrounding grass was partially CrUnChY :shock: due to it being partially shaded from the sun by the grass, and was therefore painfully cold on my feet :o , so no more sinking to be done until 2014. :( It's no wonder why I don't go on outings at that time of the year very often! I took some final pix of the area:

Here are two pix of my sinking spot, showing how the water pooled on top. Too bad it was too frigid to mix the water in, or to add more mud on top:

2013 10 23 6A Crescent.JPG

2013 10 23 6B Crescent.JPG

After that, I took pix of other patches of mud, around the west side of the south end of the Crescent Road pond marsh area, partially covered with fallen Alder leaves:

2013 10 23 6C Crescent.JPG

2013 10 23 6D Crescent.JPG

2013 10 23 6E Crescent.JPG

To Be Continued...
Last edited by Boggy Man on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:49 am

My Wednesday, October 23'rd photos continued, showing patches of mud with fallen Alder leaves on the west side of the south end of the Crescent Road pond marsh area:

2013 10 23 6F Crescent.JPG

2013 10 23 6G Crescent.JPG

2013 10 23 6H Crescent.JPG

2013 10 23 6I Crescent.JPG

2013 10 23 6J Crescent.JPG

To Be Continued...

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:49 am

My Wednesday, October 23'rd photos, continued:

I then explored some other meadows and marshy bushy wooded areas to the west and northwest, finding nothing of interest, before changing back into long pants and jackets and heading back towards home, a bit behind schedule. As I descended into the valley, I had to put on more layers of clothing, including a parka.

I thought I would end the 2013 series of photos with some non-bog scenery pix shot while I was heading from the bright sunny plateau down into the dark, dreary foggy valley.

Here is a photo of the autumn scenery on the plateau (Mountain Pine Beetle kill resulted in a number of pine trees turning golden):

2013 10 23 6K Sunny Autumn Forest.JPG

I just loved seeing the bright sunlit autumn foliage:

2013 10 23 6L Sunny Autumn Forest.JPG

Especially since this was what I was heading down into, and would be stuck under for the next while, until the warm airmass moved away:

2013 10 23 6M Foggy Valley.JPG

Looking in the general direction of home, located beneath low overcast skies, behind the mountain in the distance:

2013 10 23 6N Foggy Valley.JPG

Approaching the fog. Goodbye blue sky:

2013 10 23 6O Approaching The Fog.JPG

To Be Concluded:
Last edited by Boggy Man on Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Return to “Photos”