BM's Boggy Adventure & BG Pix! Updated 11/5/'23!

Pictures that you took and want to share.
Boggy Man

Re: BM's Boggy Backgrounds! Updated Feb 13'th, 2014!

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:50 am

My Wednesday, October 23'rd photos, concluded:

The sun had set, and the light was fading rather quickly, resulting in very poor visibility in the fog, with my glasses fogging up to make things worse:

2013 10 23 6P In The Fog.JPG

But thankfully, the fog was overhead by the time I reached the highway (technically becoming low cloud), giving better visibility, but the darkness was closing in, forcing me to call my dad to pick me up on the highway.

So, that's it for 2013, and I am looking forward to Sinking Season 2014! 8-)

An interesting thing to note is that in less than a week's time (Feb 19'th), the daylight hours and height of the sun will be roughly the same as it was on my final outing on October 23'rd! The only difference is at that time, we were in the process of losing spring/summer's residual heat, while now, we are in the process of recovering from fall/winter's frigid chill, although it may not feel like it depending on where you are.

Here is something else to look at. Recently, Google Earth/Maps updated some areas with more detailed imagery, and I have discovered new places to explore this summer! :D Click on the link below, and right in the center, you will see a round dark blurry patch partially surrounded by white on the left (west) side. That dark patch is my Crescent Road pond sinking spot, and if you zoom out, you will see the surrounding area:

https://maps.google.com/?ll=50.14281,-119.118062&spn=0.000268,0.000291&t=f&z=22&ecpose=50.14280997,-119.11812646,1340.49,0,0,0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

mrcactus747

Postby mrcactus747 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:40 am

Looking forwardd to the sinking 2014... :) Any in Ohio?

mrcactus747

Postby mrcactus747 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:42 pm

Oh Damn, thats somewhere in SW Canada... I am in Northeast Ohio of the United State. :(
Last edited by mrcactus747 on Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:43 am

mrcactus747 wrote:Oh Damn, thats somewhere in SE Canada... I am in Northeast Ohio of the United State. :(

Actually, I am in SW Canada, as you can see from my "Location" below my avatar.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

mrcactus747

Postby mrcactus747 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:10 pm

Boggy Man wrote:
mrcactus747 wrote:Oh Damn, thats somewhere in SE Canada... I am in Northeast Ohio of the United State. :(

Actually, I am in SW Canada, as you can see from my "Location" below my avatar.

OOOPS... Thanks for telling me... :) I just edited the post :)

Boggy Man

Re: BM's Boggy Adventure BG Pix! Updated 09/14/'14!

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:53 am

Well, it has been quite a struggle to get to my sinking spot this year, due to recurring knee pain (and new or re-injuries happening every several weeks) that limited the range of my cycling, and a 3-month unavailability for my dad to give me a lift most of the way there, past all the climbs. He suffered a mini-stroke around 6 pm on May 24'th, and a minor stoke the morning after, had his scheduled early July operation delayed until July 30'th (surgeon said another piece of the blockage was ready to break off, so the surgery was done just in the nick of time), had to wait a couple more weeks after the surgery before being able to resume driving (he actually made a couple of trips downtown before the 2 weeks were up), and finally got his truck back from my brother in the latter part of August. For a long while, we were all deeply concerned, but we are all glad my dad is better now, and he is back to normal activities again. :)

Now that my dad has been driving again, on Wednesday, August 27'th, a day of temperatures rising into the mid 30's˚C (mid 90's˚F), I finally had my first outing of the season :D , the latest ever! :( But, I missed out on one of our warmest, driest springs, and one of the best summer heat waves in years! :x My dad not only drove me onto the plateau, but at my request, all the way up Crescent Road, just a short ways from my sideroad, saving me the big climb up the beginning of Crescent Road as well! :) I had a feeling that my sensitive knees wouldn't have been able to handle the trip there from my usual dropoff point. :?

After my dad dropped me off, I first headed further up the road, in lowest gear, past the turnoff, over to a pond on the south side of Crescent Road, which usually gets mud exposed in the summer (https://www.google.ca/maps/@50.1360953,-119.1195371,125m/data=!3m1!1e3). Too bad it is in full view of the road, or I would have tried it out, although it was likely shallow. But, I never did test its depth... :?

Here are some photos taken of the exposed mud there:

2014 08 27 1A Pond South Of Crescent.JPG

2014 08 27 1B Pond South Of Crescent.JPG

2014 08 27 1C Pond South Of Crescent.JPG

2014 08 27 1D Pond South Of Crescent.JPG

2014 08 27 1E Pond South Of Crescent.JPG

Actually, while that pond was in full view of the road, there was another one further to the west that wasn't (https://www.google.ca/maps/@50.1363076,-119.1522251,251m/data=!3m1!1e3), which may have had similar mud according to Google Maps/Earth, but it would have taken too long to get to, and I wanted to get to my nearby Crescent Road pond as soon as possible.

To be continued...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:53 am

My Wednesday, August 27'th photos, continued (Part 2):

I headed back to my sideroad that led to the 3 ponds, including my Crescent Road pond. I continued to use my lowest gear biking, to have as little stress on my knees as possible. But, I did walk my bike up the first part of the road, because of a brief climb. I wasn't sure what my sinking spot was going to look like, whether it would be totally covered in weeds, and if it was going to be too thick/stiff from the hot dry weather the past few months to easily push the weeds under. :? But, at least I was going to see it for the first time this year, do my best to restore it to its former glory, and put all my nagging concerns over the past couple of months to rest. Then everything would be back to normal. 8-)

When I finally got my first view of my sinking spot, it was basically the way I had envisioned it, with weeds invading it. They were mostly bur reeds and tiny rushes. Looking at the photos, it looks innocent enough, like a place you can just walk across without consequence, but looks can be so deceiving! :twisted: Too bad there weren't any female models to "test the ground" :twisted: , and a producer to shoot the results!

Here are some pix of the state of my patch of sucking mire after not being disturbed since my last sink on September 12'th, 2013:

2014 08 27 1F Crescent.JPG

2014 08 27 1G Crescent.JPG

2014 08 27 1H Crescent.JPG

I then took some pictures of other patches of muddy areas around the pond, backtracking clockwise around the pond to retrieve a breathing hose in case I had the chance to use it:

2014 08 27 1I Crescent.JPG

2014 08 27 1J Crescent.JPG

To be continued...
Last edited by Boggy Man on Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:54 am

My Wednesday, August 27'th photos, continued (Part 3):

More muddy patches around the pond:

2014 08 27 1K Crescent.JPG

2014 08 27 1L Crescent.JPG

2014 08 27 1M Crescent.JPG

2014 08 27 1N Crescent.JPG

2014 08 27 1O Crescent.JPG

To be continued...
Last edited by Boggy Man on Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

My Wednesday, August 27'th photos, continued (Part 4):

And, some more patches of muddy areas around the pond:

2014 08 27 1P Crescent.JPG

2014 08 27 1Q Crescent.JPG

2014 08 27 1R Crescent.JPG

Since this was my first sink into the bottomless gooey quagmire since September 12'th, 2013, I had a lot of built-up "pressure" to release ;) , so while it would have been nice to have a dramatic video of the sink in the pristine bog, I decided to just have a private sink at that time. Also, since it was still late morning, things were still cool, especially the cleanup water, so therefore it wasn't going to be a submergence at that time, either.

For my fantasy, I imagined that I was a nude sunbather in a remote area and was hearing farting noises, thinking that someone with a gas problem was hiding in the grass, watching me. :shock: I headed in the direction of the "imaginary" farts to confront the person, and landed in the middle of a patch of sucking quagmire, facing south, stomach deep! :shock: The mud was farting swamp gas, this time for real, all around me like crazy, and in my fantasy, I "realized" that this mud was where the "initially imaginary" farts were coming from! :shock: I struggled, and mushed all the weeds around me into the batterlike, doughy ooze, sinking to my chest. Then, after my big "release" ;) , I slowly worked myself backward (northward) through the gooey, sticky mire, pushing the weeds within reach around me under as I went, which was a slow process, lots of swamp gas bubbling and farting around me as disturbed the mire, until I made it back to the solid mat of grass on the north end, where I exited. Here are some pix of the newly disturbed area:

2014 08 27 1S Crescent.JPG

2014 08 27 1T Crescent.JPG

To be continued...
Last edited by Boggy Man on Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Boggy Man

My Wednesday, August 27'th photos, continued (Part 5):

And one more pic of the newly disturbed area of my sinking spot:

2014 08 27 1U Crescent.JPG

I got back in, this time on the southeast side, and mushed up all the weeds there, working my way to the northeast side, more swamp gas bubbling and farting around me, until the area went from vegetative green to a muddy brown doughy batter. In the middle of the east side, I painstakingly worked up a two-foot piece of log around 3 to 4 inches thick from deep under the mud with my feet, until it was just barely within reach of my hand, and easily pulled it the rest of the way out. But, I think I may have strained my left knee a bit, and after that, my knee pain came back in the inside of my left knee. :x Here are some pix of the bog with the east side now mushed up as well:

2014 08 27 1V Crescent.JPG

2014 08 27 1W Crescent.JPG

2014 08 27 1X Crescent.JPG

Finally, I got back in, this time on the west side, and finished the job there in the farting morass, finally restoring the patch of gooey quagmire back to its former glory, having another stimulating sink in the process. I loved how it felt, and how much effort it took to work myself through it to get to solid ground, but with the pain in my left knee getting worse each time I moved through it, from the tenacious mire pulling on my leg. :x Here are pix of my completely rejuvenated patch of bottomless, doughy, batterlike quagmire:

2014 08 27 1Y Crescent.JPG

To be concluded...
Last edited by Boggy Man on Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Return to “Photos”