I'm back

Images and Videos generated within Second Life
MadMax359

Re: I'm back

Postby MadMax359 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:06 pm

absolutely a great series of struggling by a feisty damsel, and now we're at the level i love best... thanks for sharing these! :twisted:
The strong do what they want, the weak do what they must

JessicaMudder

Postby JessicaMudder » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:17 pm

Glad you guys liked them so much. Care for a few more? Sorry they're so dark by the way!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:44 am

These are quite nice! I love the idea of her walking through what appears to be a marsh at night and getting stuck bad in the mud.

Great depth of her mired to her upper thighs in the mud amongst the reeds. The addition of the reeds adds a nice feel to the overall situation as she slowly sinks deeper and deeper, soon sinking below the height of the marsh plants.

I love that she's thigh deep for a while... gives the impression of how thick and heavy the mud is. It must have been a very slow, struggle-filled sink prior to the first image (since the first one is Image 12 in the series). Her poses are great in Images 12 through 14 as she tries lifting her stuck thighs from the mud.

I also like how she's pushing down upon her hands in the last two images as she strains with everything she's got to pull her legs free. It looks like her arms are sinking into the mud from her effort... if so, she's going to be well and truly trapped.

Thanks for sharing!

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:36 pm

your damsels are always worth a look, but you're right about the darkness :twisted:

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:21 am

While the darkness does make it a bit hard to see the scene, it also provides a perfect explanation as to why she didn't see the mud in the first place! :twisted: I have periodically fantasized about wandering around in the dark, only to stumble into some sucking bottomless quagmire that I couldn't see, but could definitely feel as it slowly sucked me down towards my doom! :twisted:
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

mudmaiden

Postby mudmaiden » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:42 am

Boggy Man wrote:While the darkness does make it a bit hard to see the scene, it also provides a perfect explanation as to why she didn't see the mud in the first place! :twisted: I have periodically fantasized about wandering around in the dark, only to stumble into some sucking bottomless quagmire that I couldn't see, but could definitely feel as it slowly sucked me down towards my doom! :twisted:

I see Boggy Man's point about the lighting or the less of it to explain why she got stuck in the first place. I agree with everyone that the poses themselves are well poised. My one comment is this: It's dramatic that the damsel could not see the muck, but we the viewers would like to see the subject (damsel) stuck in that darkness! The lady could not see the quicksand she is about to stumble into, but WE WANT TO SEE HER IN THAT QUICKSAND SURROUNDED BY THE DARK! I think it would help to highlight the poor girl struggling in the mire with the background setting displaying either darkness or shadow, whatever it takes to bring out the drama effect in the picture. That being said, may I please offer the following suggestion -

When you have a dark setting or low light, give your avatar a face light that will bring out her features in the midst of her surroundings. As you know, I've spent a lot of time setting up quicksand scenes using trick poses, combinations of two or more poses together as well as setting up the lighting of the scene, just like photography or filmmaking. The four examples in my post would demonstrate how I would deal with a dark scene. You don't have to agree with me, I respect the fantastic work we are doing here and in Second Life. I'm just offering some imput. That's All!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

MadMax359

Postby MadMax359 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:16 pm

oh i like that feature! :twisted:

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:08 am

That's a great effect! :D

JessicaMudder

Postby JessicaMudder » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:39 am

mudmaiden wrote:
Boggy Man wrote:While the darkness does make it a bit hard to see the scene, it also provides a perfect explanation as to why she didn't see the mud in the first place! :twisted: I have periodically fantasized about wandering around in the dark, only to stumble into some sucking bottomless quagmire that I couldn't see, but could definitely feel as it slowly sucked me down towards my doom! :twisted:

I see Boggy Man's point about the lighting or the less of it to explain why she got stuck in the first place. I agree with everyone that the poses themselves are well poised. My one comment is this: It's dramatic that the damsel could not see the muck, but we the viewers would like to see the subject (damsel) stuck in that darkness! The lady could not see the quicksand she is about to stumble into, but WE WANT TO SEE HER IN THAT QUICKSAND SURROUNDED BY THE DARK! I think it would help to highlight the poor girl struggling in the mire with the background setting displaying either darkness or shadow, whatever it takes to bring out the drama effect in the picture. That being said, may I please offer the following suggestion -

When you have a dark setting or low light, give your avatar a face light that will bring out her features in the midst of her surroundings. As you know, I've spent a lot of time setting up quicksand scenes using trick poses, combinations of two or more poses together as well as setting up the lighting of the scene, just like photography or filmmaking. The four examples in my post would demonstrate how I would deal with a dark scene. You don't have to agree with me, I respect the fantastic work we are doing here and in Second Life. I'm just offering some imput. That's All!

Oh my god of course! My facelight! I completely forgot I had one. Thanks mudmaiden for reminding me about that. I'm usually in well lit areas so I'll remove it from my character and I've basically gotten to the point where I forgot I had it. This is going to make things a lot easier when I'm in dark areas. Thanks!

mudmaiden

Postby mudmaiden » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:38 am

JessicaMudder wrote:
mudmaiden wrote:

Oh my god of course! My facelight! I completely forgot I had one. Thanks mudmaiden for reminding me about that. I'm usually in well lit areas so I'll remove it from my character and I've basically gotten to the point where I forgot I had it. This is going to make things a lot easier when I'm in dark areas. Thanks!

You are very, very welcome. Glad I was able to help out !! :D
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

Return to “Second Life”