Introduction and some Other Stuff

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
eagertosink

Introduction and some Other Stuff

Postby eagertosink » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:10 am

Hi all, just stumbled across this forum. I'll be quite active here, so make sure to get used to the sight of me! :D Anyways, i'm a newbie sinker, and a few weeks ago I went sinking for the first time. In my neighborhood, there's a big canal running around it. There are small lakes scattered about, and one happened to be very close by. It was relatively dried up, no fish or other critters, so I took my opportunity, abd after changing and removing my shoes, I waded in. At first I was about upper calf depth, but I moved around to go deeper. I had sunk up to ny stomach, loving every second of it. I was about to go a little deeper. (the mud was thick, but easy to move in) but I looked up and someone was coming this way. I got caught, but they assumed I had stumbled in accidentally. They helped me out (how could I refuse? i would have looked wierd if I had) and helped me hose off. How embarrassing... :oops:

So what do you all wear to go sinking? My underwear was ruined, but my other clothes came clean. Anyways, I loved my first sink, and I may go back there soon.

Boggy Man

Re: Introduction and some Other Stuff

Postby Boggy Man » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:28 am

Welcome to Quicksand Fans! :D

Glad to hear that you have experienced your first sink, the first of many! :D For me, if the area is remote, I tend to go sinking without any clothes, since skin washes off more easily than clothing (but I always have a cleanup spot nearby). But, if there is too much risk of being seen, then swimwear seems the most appropriate. It sounds like you are in a very nice area, but it also sounds like it may be close to residences (hosing you off after pulling you out), and therefore risky in terms of being seen, since you were discovered the first time you were out. Perhaps you should look for places more hidden, or perhaps go there at night (but if there are any dangerous wildlife in your area, things could be risky).
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Diremire1234

Postby Diremire1234 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:18 am

Personally, I strip to underwear with a clean set of clothes ( as well as my shoes ) neatly bundled up in reasonably close proximity. Never been naked. I developed this habit since after the 1st time I ever went and haven't stopped. Wonder why not in the birthday suit...he posits the notion. As I have stated before, never go without bottled water or something and if you're a touch diurnal like myself, 'night adventures' add a touch of the surreal to the endeavor.
From a strictly psychological perspective, is it not a return to the womb?

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:25 pm

A few weeks ago you went sinking? Do you live in the southern hemisphere?

Went sinking, too, but I do wear a lot more protective, waterproof stuff than most of the other folks here.
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

eagertosink

Postby eagertosink » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:27 pm

Boggy Man wrote:Welcome to Quicksand Fans! :D

Glad to hear that you have experienced your first sink, the first of many! :D For me, if the area is remote, I tend to go sinking without any clothes, since skin washes off more easily than clothing (but I always have a cleanup spot nearby). But, if there is too much risk of being seen, then swimwear seems the most appropriate. It sounds like you are in a very nice area, but it also sounds like it may be close to residences (hosing you off after pulling you out), and therefore risky in terms of being seen, since you were discovered the first time you were out. Perhaps you should look for places more hidden, or perhaps go there at night (but if there are any dangerous wildlife in your area, things could be risky).

The only issue is it would look suspicious to be seen in swimwear, waist deep in mud. What would I say walking there or home? I don't have a car (yet) and how do I explain myself to my roommate?

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:03 am

eagertosink wrote:
Boggy Man wrote:Welcome to Quicksand Fans! :D

The only issue is it would look suspicious to be seen in swimwear, waist deep in mud. What would I say walking there or home? I don't have a car (yet) and how do I explain myself to my roommate?

Actually, you would go there dressed for a hike, and carry a bag, or a backpack, with the bathing suit in it. Then, when you are at your location, you change from your hiking clothes into the bathing suit, play in the mud, clean off in water (you should make certain there is cleanup water nearby), and then change back into your hiking clothes. 8-) If you get discovered in the mud, perhaps you could say you were trying to get to the water, but got stuck in the mud on the shore.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

enerj29

Postby enerj29 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:47 pm

Sounds like a great time, but yeah, a little too close to civilization. Can you get further out on another part of the canal w/out a car? It's tough, I usually drive 30 miles each way out of my city to find some mud.

I usually go out with swimwear, which for guys, is basically a pair of shorts. I'm usually able to wash off for the most part, but I'm still a little hesitant about coming home when a roommate is around. Once I thought I cleaned myself off, but missed a bit of mud on my ear. She was like "why do you have mud on your ear?" I made up some excuse but don't think she bought it.

Return to “General Discussion”