Butt First, Feet Last?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
edmondwilliams

Butt First, Feet Last?

Postby edmondwilliams » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:12 pm

A girl falls backwards into mud, landing on her bottom. The mud gives and she begins sinking, butt-first. She tries leans forward, but this puts too much weight to where she sits, and her butt sinks another few inches. This makes both her torso and her legs begin to lift upwards.

More or less, her position would look something like this: http://dangerouslydolly.com/wp-content/gallery/retro-pin-up/img_3012_web.jpg

From this stance, she sinks the rest of the way. Her knees and shoulders disappear under the surface, leaving just her head and legs sticking out. Flailing, she loses her shoes, baring her feet. Her head goes under, and her exposed feet remain the only evidence of a girl having sunk here. These too sink out of sight, and the tips of her toes disappear.

This is a situation I have longed to see for a very long time.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is interested in this kind of scene, has feedback on the feasibility/safety of pulling this off, or knows of any such content that exists. I am mainly looking to find content that involves bare feet sticking up out of the mud during a sink (preferably clean, hence the shoes in the beginning so the feet don't get covered in mud right off the bat), and as far as I know this seems to be the safest way to pull it off, with headfirst sinking being higher risk. If any of the studios here might consider pulling off a scene like this, that would be pretty fantastic, but I understand if there needs to be more demand than just one lone crazy foot fetishist for there to be interest.

So... what do you think?

bart1997

Postby bart1997 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:26 pm

Last edited by bart1997 on Sat May 09, 2015 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fred588
Producer

Re: Butt First, Feet Last?

Postby Fred588 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:38 pm

As a producer who has tried almost every move he has asked an actress to perform, I am doubtful this would be possible. You could certainly do the butt-first, feet-up landing, and I think a strong actress could sink to a point where her upper body was about shoulder deep and the feet up from the knees or slightly higher to the toes. But any deeper than that woiuld, I think, prove impossible. Once she reached her float point she would have no way to sink any deeper unless she was negatively buoyant. That MIGHT be do-able in a cork on water pit but then the initial plunge would probably put her under. One last possibility might be in a low-density (cork on water) pit using a submered lift of some kind to lower her after the initial plunge.It might be something I'd let a crewman (or crew woman) work on during off-days if he or she wanted to try it but I would anticipate a failed scene if this was attempted without advance practice to work out the procedure.

edmondwilliams wrote:A girl falls backwards into mud, landing on her bottom. The mud gives and she begins sinking, butt-first. She tries leans forward, but this puts too much weight to where she sits, and her butt sinks another few inches. This makes both her torso and her legs begin to lift upwards.

More or less, her position would look something like this: http://dangerouslydolly.com/wp-content/gallery/retro-pin-up/img_3012_web.jpg

From this stance, she sinks the rest of the way. Her knees and shoulders disappear under the surface, leaving just her head and legs sticking out. Flailing, she loses her shoes, baring her feet. Her head goes under, and her exposed feet remain the only evidence of a girl having sunk here. These too sink out of sight, and the tips of her toes disappear.

This is a situation I have longed to see for a very long time.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is interested in this kind of scene, has feedback on the feasibility/safety of pulling this off, or knows of any such content that exists. I am mainly looking to find content that involves bare feet sticking up out of the mud during a sink (preferably clean, hence the shoes in the beginning so the feet don't get covered in mud right off the bat), and as far as I know this seems to be the safest way to pull it off, with headfirst sinking being higher risk. If any of the studios here might consider pulling off a scene like this, that would be pretty fantastic, but I understand if there needs to be more demand than just one lone crazy foot fetishist for there to be interest.

So... what do you think?
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Robert
Producer

Postby Robert » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:38 pm

Interesting concept Ed... Veronica might be the model to do this as she is an exotic dancer and might be flexible enough to do it.

Robert

edmondwilliams

Postby edmondwilliams » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:02 am

Fred588 wrote:As a producer who has tried almost every move he has asked an actress to perform, I am doubtful this would be possible. You could certainly do the butt-first, feet-up landing, and I think a strong actress could sink to a point where her upper body was about shoulder deep and the feet up from the knees or slightly higher to the toes. But any deeper than that woiuld, I think, prove impossible. Once she reached her float point she would have no way to sink any deeper unless she was negatively buoyant. That MIGHT be do-able in a cork on water pit but then the initial plunge would probably put her under. One last possibility might be in a low-density (cork on water) pit using a submered lift of some kind to lower her after the initial plunge.It might be something I'd let a crewman (or crew woman) work on during off-days if he or she wanted to try it but I would anticipate a failed scene if this was attempted without advance practice to work out the procedure.

Hmmm... I see. I guess it doesn't need to be this exact position, with the head and legs both upright. Just having a way for the feet to be the only thing sticking up out of the mud/cork/etc. is what I'm seeking. Maybe the actress could be laying flat on her back with her legs in the air, or flat on her stomach with her legs bent at the knees. I'm not the most knowledgeable at the dynamics of sinking though, so I'm not sure if that solves the problems you mentioned.

Do you have any suggestions for an easy way to pull this off? I like your idea of the lowering platform but I'm sure that's a lot of trouble to go to.

bart1997 wrote:You may be interested in this guy and his related homepage:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1957

Too much gore for my taste, but still worth checking it.

I've been there before, but thanks for the link. It was good to find this particular set again: http://www.worldofdemise.com/finnijaquicksand.html

The above link is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for in terms of pose. The fact that she has boots on lessens the appeal for me, but it's a good example.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:16 am

If all you want is a brief clip of legs and/or feet protruding from the mud, that can, and has, been done as a very brief stunt. To do it as a coherent scene is a lot more difficult, I think, as I presume that the submergence is also important. It would be to others, anyway.

edmondwilliams wrote:
Fred588 wrote:As a producer who has tried almost every move he has asked an actress to perform, I am doubtful this would be possible. You could certainly do the butt-first, feet-up landing, and I think a strong actress could sink to a point where her upper body was about shoulder deep and the feet up from the knees or slightly higher to the toes. But any deeper than that woiuld, I think, prove impossible. Once she reached her float point she would have no way to sink any deeper unless she was negatively buoyant. That MIGHT be do-able in a cork on water pit but then the initial plunge would probably put her under. One last possibility might be in a low-density (cork on water) pit using a submered lift of some kind to lower her after the initial plunge.It might be something I'd let a crewman (or crew woman) work on during off-days if he or she wanted to try it but I would anticipate a failed scene if this was attempted without advance practice to work out the procedure.

Hmmm... I see. I guess it doesn't need to be this exact position, with the head and legs both upright. Just having a way for the feet to be the only thing sticking up out of the mud/cork/etc. is what I'm seeking. Maybe the actress could be laying flat on her back with her legs in the air, or flat on her stomach with her legs bent at the knees. I'm not the most knowledgeable at the dynamics of sinking though, so I'm not sure if that solves the problems you mentioned.

Do you have any suggestions for an easy way to pull this off? I like your idea of the lowering platform but I'm sure that's a lot of trouble to go to.

bart1997 wrote:You may be interested in this guy and his related homepage:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1957

Too much gore for my taste, but still worth checking it.

I've been there before, but thanks for the link. It was good to find this particular set again: http://www.worldofdemise.com/finnijaquicksand.html

The above link is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for in terms of pose. The fact that she has boots on lessens the appeal for me, but it's a good example.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

edmondwilliams

Postby edmondwilliams » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:33 am

Fred588 wrote:If all you want is a brief clip of legs and/or feet protruding from the mud, that can, and has, been done as a very brief stunt. To do it as a coherent scene is a lot more difficult, I think, as I presume that the submergence is also important. It would be to others, anyway.

It's important to me as well. It's all about the sinking. Well, mostly the feet, but definitely with sinking!

HeadfirstsinkerB

Postby HeadfirstsinkerB » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:51 pm

I'm still of the opinion that in the opinion its going to take a couple creative camera tricks to pull off a headfirst sinking.
For safeties sake more than anything.
(yeah its just me, regular headfirstsinker, had to make a new account)
Headfirst, always first!

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:59 am

edmondwilliams wrote:Hmmm... I see. I guess it doesn't need to be this exact position, with the head and legs both upright. Just having a way for the feet to be the only thing sticking up out of the mud/cork/etc. is what I'm seeking. Maybe the actress could be laying flat on her back with her legs in the air, or flat on her stomach with her legs bent at the knees. I'm not the most knowledgeable at the dynamics of sinking though, so I'm not sure if that solves the problems you mentioned.

The part where she lays on her stomach with her legs bent at her knees may be doable, especially in peat. Once her back and head submerges, then the scene can stop, the model's head emerges, she is given a breathing tube/hose, and then she submerges her head again, breathing through the tube/hose, with the camera in front of her, such that the breathing tube/hose is out of (below) the shot. The scene then resumes, where she then just slowly works her lower body down deeper, until her legs/feet vanish. If the tube/hose is sufficiently short, then she can inhale and exhale through the tube/hose, and perhaps just give an occasional exhale through her nose to make the odd bubble for added effect. The hose would extend under the mud away from her to the surface, out of the sight of the camera. If the hose is too long to inhale fresh air after exhaling into it, then she would have to just inhale through the hose and exhale through her nose, in which case the excess bubbles would be unnatural, and therefore they would have to be below the view of the camera, and normal background sound recorded before or after that scene replacing the original audio for that part of the scene. Or, she might be able to be fitted with two hoses, one for inhaling and one for exhaling (either something with two valves to her mouth or one to her mouth and one to a mask on her nose), to eliminate the excess bubbles. With the longer hose, she can work most of her body down deeper as well, a sink which would be evident by the way the mud over her moves down/depresses above her as she sinks deeper below.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

edmondwilliams

Postby edmondwilliams » Fri May 13, 2011 8:32 am

Yeah, sounds about right BoggyMan. It's doable with a few of those tricks. Hoping it happens sometime!

Return to “General Discussion”