Skyrim Quicksand/Earth Mod

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Lonewolf222

Skyrim Quicksand/Earth Mod

Postby Lonewolf222 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:02 am

I was considering making an effort in Oblivion to create such a wonder but never ultimately came to be(I simply enjoyed Morrowind more). However Skyrim is coming out and I think its time for such a wonder to be created for it so long as there's the appropriate terrain in the game for it. But I first need to know if there is even a single person here who'd want to download and use such a mod for the game.

If five people post the desire for a modification of this type, ill start the post development of it and see how much of it I can get into my mod with ease. I don't think too many people here will be interested in this however.(If a LOT of people show interest, It could turn out to be worth a lot more then simply "this").

My predecessing modding experience sadly(BUT IM NOT LIMITED BY THIS) is just a few badly rendered armor's and weapons. But ill try to step up to the plate for something as awesome as this COULD be. So a warning in that its FIRST "release" will be a bit... Basic...

So, would anyone show interest in this...?

Vandercat

Re: Skyrim Quicksand/Earth Mod

Postby Vandercat » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:22 pm

I would love to see such a mod, but I'm getting Skyrim for the Xbox 360 rather than the computer... :/

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:36 pm

If you make such a mod, I will buy the game.

Though I doubt there will be suitable terrain. Wouldn't any quicksand be frozen in Skyrim? ;)

I hope they make the next game in the series about the Black Marshes. Much more attractive place. :D
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

Lonewolf222

Postby Lonewolf222 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:38 am

Well cats, thats two and I suppose that means the lurkers and silent individuals may hold interest in it. Sides im mostly making it for myself, "mostly". In Skyrim there's some warmer locales as seen in the trailers and footage forehand, its comparable I believe to British Columbia throughout the seasons, cold mountains, Some alpine flats, and then ya got yerself some of that fancy Columbian summer. So frozen isn't completely all there is(This game really does have a LOT of variety in its atmospheres)

I warn also that don't get your hopes too high, if I get a lot of feedback on it after the first rendition of the mod ill upgrade it further(till its bleeding marvelous), But Its going to start out as something truly "simple.

Also, thinking bout namin the mod "Fuzzy tales for little kitties". I don't know why, And mayhaps starting it out as this. And upgrading it into a full on trap addon for the game(Therefore increasing the SADISTIC DEATH content of the game). Well, Excluding the upcoming quicksand deaths of course. Those are the fun deaths.

Yeah, I'll start with these quicksand pits, upgrade them till I really enjoy them. Then maybe add man eating plants, Everyone loves those. OH OH, And in the cities ill add just "One" horrible loose cobblestone street that when you fall down into drops you into a room full of voracious man eating house cats...

Ok, maybe not that part. But Like I said, this will be very "basic", at least at the start.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:59 am

Lonewolf222 wrote: OH OH, And in the cities ill add just "One" horrible loose cobblestone street that when you fall down into drops you into a room full of voracious man eating house cats...

That brings to my mind a most interesting scene in "Doctor Who" season 6, episode 13, "The Wedding of River Song", where a bad guy falls through a trap door into a pit filled with carnivorous skulls that totally engulf/consume him (it looks almost like he is sinking into them like quicksand). After they finish their meal, they turn upward to stare at the Doctor and roar, at which point the Doctor frantically uses his sonic screwdriver to quickly close the trap door!

Here is a brief video of the making of that scene and part of the finished product:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px8Mtee5SHM
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

cerberus

Postby cerberus » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:10 pm

I've had Skyrim on pre-order for months, so count me in as interested. I always felt that Oblivion could have benefited from more of these type of things. I did see a map of the territory covered in Skyrim and there were a couple of fairly substantial areas labelled as marshes, I was planning to explore those. Interesting that you preferred Morrowind, I'm the exact opposite, loved Oblivion but couldn't get on with Morrowind.
Cerberus

Johnny Dowd: Be content with your life. It may not get any better!

flarestriker

Postby flarestriker » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:41 pm

I just got this on PC, so I'll toss my hat in

Lonewolf222

Postby Lonewolf222 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:12 pm

I know some folks all like "oh he all like gave up on it". The answer to that is the answer to this.

When is the TES4 creation Kit coming out >,<. Its like all impossible and junk without that. BTW to anyone who's played the game, there are like "LOADS" of good spots in the game for this, waiting to be edited... NOT to mention other diabolical traps, I may simply call this the "traps" mod. see where I be going with this?

Hell, I might even add a quest into the mod to "spice" it up... ONCE that KIT comes out! My general intention isn't to just add these features alone to the game(they're just near the heart of it), but to create a mod of a quality level the equivalent as so that the mod gets used even by people who don't "frequent" these forums. Then "everyone" will be sinking... And that will be good.

schlamm

Postby schlamm » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:58 pm

/
Last edited by schlamm on Sun May 12, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Badger

Postby Badger » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:40 am

I'd play it! :>

Return to “General Discussion”