Olympic Quicksand

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Theo

Re: Olympic Quicksand

Postby Theo » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:48 am

MadMax359 wrote:love this idea, we'd need some way to equalize things so the damsels are sinking at proportionally the same rate, or everyone would just get their tallest damsel and the shorties would have no chance

like, the best player on the Russian volleyball team... :twisted:

Oh yes, they would have to wear weights, perfectly calibrated to their own weight and height so they all keep sinking and can do little if anything to stop themselves, and so they all go under at approximately the same time.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

Duncan Edwards

Re: Olympic Quicksand

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:31 pm

Fred588 wrote:To make another suggestion quite a long time back when we had a functioning chat room I remember a good deal of discussion through which we invented a sort of wrestling event. There were to be nine wrestling square in a three by three arrangement. All the outer squares had regular mats and there were ropes around the outer perimeter. The center square, however, was to be a deep pit of mud and to win one had to either pin the opponent in the traditional manner or submerge the opponent in the mud. As I vaguely recall we also decided the whole thing should be surrounded by stadium seats equipped with beer dispensers and slot machines. Obviously, however, this would be far too popular to do just once every four years.

Well, you'd have to bring them up with collegiate competition. That actually wasn't so unusual back in the day.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Return to “General Discussion”