Flesh eating bacteria?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
bogbud

Re: Flesh eating bacteria?

Postby bogbud » Wed May 30, 2018 7:07 am

NobodyGotTime4Dat wrote:
Wait...so then...if this is what you're supposed to do before entering a mud pit then what about those MPV models that, you know, touched themselves there in those peat/clay pits??

Those are artificial pits who are maintained regularly. I would not compare them to real bogs or mudflats.
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

NobodyGotTime4Dat

Postby NobodyGotTime4Dat » Wed May 30, 2018 7:43 am

But weren't there some pits that some of those models sunk in that weren't man-made? (i.e. a pit near a marsh or a beach or something)

I can't think of any atm but I'm pretty sure some of those models have touched themselves in them, so...what then? :?

Solrex

Postby Solrex » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:54 am

NobodyGotTime4Dat wrote:
Solrex wrote:Cover your orfices. This includes your nose, mouth, ears, and butthole. Do not do anything that would cause the mud to enter the inside of your body.

Wait...so then...if this is what you're supposed to do before entering a mud pit then what about those MPV models that, you know, touched themselves there in those peat/clay pits??

Not all mud pits are like this. This one, however, has a dangerous bacteria in it that's life threatening. Honestly, if I was a female, and I knew of a safe pit, I would freely let the quicksand have it's way with my insides. However, when flesh eating bacteria with lethal consequences come into play, I'm not going to kill myself to live out my fetish. You won't die from drowning in quicksand unless you have a heavy pack. However, you will die from bacteria like this if it does exist, so it is highly suggested to protect yourself when you know of a danger.

Boggyhoo

Postby Boggyhoo » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:07 pm

Solrex wrote: .....Not all mud pits are like this. This one, however, has a dangerous bacteria in it that's life threatening. Honestly, if I was a female, and I knew of a safe pit, I would freely let the quicksand have it's way with my insides. However, when flesh eating bacteria with lethal consequences come into play, I'm not going to kill myself to live out my fetish. You won't die from drowning in quicksand unless you have a heavy pack. However, you will die from bacteria like this if it does exist, so it is highly suggested to protect yourself when you know of a danger.

Even more amazing advice

BH

Jumpoff_Joe

Postby Jumpoff_Joe » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:14 pm

This is one of the reason I encourage many of the talent that I work with to wear something to cover their legs, at least, as the legs seem to do the bulk of the thrashing. Some are brave enough to try just shorts, dresses or a swimsuit, others stick to jeans, tights, leggings or hose -- at the bare minimum. I also bring a bunch of first-aid stuff into the field, too, to cover and treat even the most minor of cuts.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:35 pm

bogbud wrote:
NobodyGotTime4Dat wrote:

Those are artificial pits who are maintained regularly. I would not compare them to real bogs or mudflats.

There's nothing artificial about any of the wild locations MPV has visited in Canada, Alabama, North Carolina, Illinois, Tennessee, or desert locations. I know because I was there for all of that. Most people wouldn't walk through the areas surrounding most of the studio locations much less the locations themselves because it's all wild too. Maintenance for preventing creatures from living in anything is non-existent. It's all very natural. Unpolluted mud in the wild is relatively clean stuff. I'm unaware of any issues In twenty years of playing around myself with all manner of unclothed females. I might have missed something but "flesh eating bacteria"? Never personally heard of it outside a hospital setting.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:23 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:
There's nothing artificial about any of the wild locations MPV has visited in Canada, Alabama, North Carolina, Illinois, Tennessee, or desert locations. I know because I was there for all of that. Most people wouldn't walk through the areas surrounding most of the studio locations much less the locations themselves because it's all wild too. Maintenance for preventing creatures from living in anything is non-existent. It's all very natural. Unpolluted mud in the wild is relatively clean stuff. I'm unaware of any issues In twenty years of playing around myself with all manner of unclothed females. I might have missed something but "flesh eating bacteria"? Never personally heard of it outside a hospital setting.

That's all true Duncan. And i have bought quite a couple of your vids that have been shot "in the wild" :D
I was referring to the other pits you and the other producers here use too. Like the mudtubs, the ooblecks, the Hollywood-pit. If they would not be maintained on a regular basis they would look quite different and not that brilliant like they look now (that's all guessing from me).
Also important is the thing JumpoffJoe did say: The models are not alone when they sink and there is medical treatment available should the need arise. Also they clean up thoroughly after the shooting.
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:49 pm

bogbud wrote: Also they clean up thoroughly after the shooting.

And I hope everybody does.

Just to expand a bit on the "flesh eating bacteria" thing - Out of 320,000,000 people about 1000 cases occur every year in the USA. The overwhelming majority of those cases are among the elderly, immune compromised cases such as those with HIV, diabetics, substance abusers, etc. The odds of encountering this for any person in normal good health who cleans up afterward are less than the odds of getting killed on the way to your mud location in an auto accident. Makes great headlines but it's just not a concern.

I'd worry more about being struck by lightning. Seriously.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

theartofmud

Postby theartofmud » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:46 pm

Thought I'd post a follow up after 3 years to say after sinking in various tidal locations across Deleware and Maryland, I was definitely overthinking it and have had no problems with infections at all, even with a couple small scratches that drew a little of blood.
The only thing I ever had was swimmers itch, which was only a minor inconvenience. Unless your immunocompromised, which I don't have experience with so I don't know what will happen, I think anyone who's worrying about this probably doesn't need to.
Just use common sense, and clean areas where you've received a cut or scratch after sinking.

Return to “General Discussion”