The Art of Sinking

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
lonesinker

Re: The Art of Sinking

Postby lonesinker » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:00 pm

My art of sinking is turning more into a struggle as I am sinking. I find it a lot more difficult maneuvering my way out of these swampy mud pits than actually getting there..at least where I live. What I am getting at is I am ageing and becoming a tougher crawl,hate using my age as an excuse :(
On the upside,the areas I explore are more camouflaged TG,its a bit of a hike off grid near marsh land and the areas are a little away from the swamp and are a hidden thick mud bog hidden by tall reeds,grass and cat tails totally blocking your view which makes things private.
The mud is a black color and nicest is july when its dried out and full of surface cracks but one step and *Shluup* your chest deep.Its not easy crawling out,nothing to grab and wont wear shoes in there,they come off. The area looks like where *Darby* on QSV was but thicker,same type of topography.

maria

Postby maria » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:04 pm

lonesinker wrote:My art of sinking is turning more into a struggle as I am sinking. I find it a lot more difficult maneuvering my way out of these swampy mud pits than actually getting there..at least where I live. What I am getting at is I am ageing and becoming a tougher crawl,hate using my age as an excuse :(
On the upside,the areas I explore are more camouflaged TG,its a bit of a hike off grid near marsh land and the areas are a little away from the swamp and are a hidden thick mud bog hidden by tall reeds,grass and cat tails totally blocking your view which makes things private.
The mud is a black color and nicest is july when its dried out and full of surface cracks but one step and *Shluup* your chest deep.Its not easy crawling out,nothing to grab and wont wear shoes in there,they come off. The area looks like where *Darby* on QSV was but thicker,same type of topography.

Be great to see some pics of this area. The struggle is the fun part ;)

lonesinker

Postby lonesinker » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:01 am

Maria..for sure I will remember to put a camera in my backpack,I always seem to carry my binoculars,those are super handy to have as you can scope out the area and save time. I will get pics next season hopefully in the drier months,its the nicest time to go. I am thinking the mud will be gluelike and very bouncy and makes the nastiest squelsh noises as your clawing thru :lol:

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:31 pm

When (if) I get the opportunity to submerge I like to play at submission. Just like, give in to mud, maybe half heartedly paddle my arms but then accept my fate and go down enjoying it. I'm a very willing victim. :twisted:
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

OdetteFan85

Postby OdetteFan85 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:16 pm

Here in Florida we have a few options when it comes to sinking IRL. One of the first places I found was a sand mine near Disney World. There one might find places where erosion did its thing with the sand and created natural quicksand that I learned was far too dense to be used for my intentions.

Later in a coastal nature preserve I found acres of mangrove swamps and a tropical jungle setting worthy of the screen. A boardwalk let out thru the trees into a jungle right out of my dreams, complete with endless mud that looked like it could be bottomless as well. Then I came upon a section that was closed off. This led to an abandoned observation deck surrounded by places that would make a jungle maiden sweat. When I came back prepared for exploring, my heart began to race as I took my clothes off and climbed over the railing, right into a bed of oyster shells! Once my poor feet healed I was back with a pair of socks on as a concession, and was able learn just how difficult it is to sink much lower than your neck, especially when salt is involved. Dramatic roleplaying was my goal, but it wasn't easy to submerge at the end like I wanted to. I'd done it in shallow spots by lying down or sort of wedging myself into the side of the "hole" in a waist to chest deep spot, but that was out of necessity. I see the actress in a lot of videos doing the same thing to make a bottom disappear, and if she's good she makes it convincing. Even worse, going deep vertically ran the risk of finding an unseen layer of more oysters. It was a good thing I'm athletic, because getting out proved a lot harder than getting in, I can see how this stuff could be dangerous. All in all, saltwater mud in Florida is hit-or-miss.

Finally, at in Central FL I found the best spot I've ever been in. It took weeks with a long stick, poking a lot of sorry puddles that had looked promising.Then I came upon a confluence where two creeks had formed a massive bank of loose, black sediment. It passed my usual stick test all the way to my hand, which at my height. I'd never seen this before except in the mangroves, but this stuff was different. When I had gotten "dressed" (occasionally I like to make a bit of a production out of going sinking...) and stepped in, it was very hard to take the first part slow. Up to waist was about five seconds. From there I was able to control it a bit better by staying still, but even motionless I was still sinking slowly. It was just like it looked on a screen, but with feeling.

In my imagination, arousal is an unavoidable side effect of quicksand/mud. Climax coincides with submersion, just before or during. It's been the holy grail for me to experience this for myself ever since my mind began developing fantasies. Being slowly swallowed up and stimulated by something, inevitably until the end was it . When I'm sinking, I prefer not to resort to using my hands as it would break the immersion. Timing is the key. I'd managed it before, but that was in places with a bottom. No such control was possible here. Everything was playing out just like my fantasy, except that I was about to go under before I wanted to!

At last, collared up to my chin and nose, with the mud gurgling in my ears, I got I what I wanted. Solitude was ensured, and I like to get vocal so I was able to gasp and scream to my heart's content before the mud got what it wanted and closed over my face. For a few seconds, I was in Nirvana, finally experiencing all the physical sensations I'd dreamed of. I'd taken a pretty big breath before going under, so I was able to stay under long enough to take in the resplendence of my situation. As I slowly breathed out to make the surface bubble for effect, the thought crossed my mind that I might not actually reach the surface in time and was effectively drowning myself! For a few hot seconds, my struggles were finally in earnest as my lungs burned for air but I was able to emerge and catch my breath.

In closing, my experiences simulating quicksand IRL have had mixed results. Conditions have a huge effect on whether an outing will be worth the time and risk involved. For these two successes I've spent hours poring over aerial photos or traipsing around chasing wild geese. It can be incredibly fun, but it's kinda dangerous as well. I've never been caught, but there was once I had to hide with them only yards away hoping they didn't find my clothes before I did. I nearly drowned in a channel once trying to reach an island because I thought there might be a spot there. If you made it this far thanks for reading!

cbqdbq

Postby cbqdbq » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:46 am

what is IRL ?
cbqdbq
compeled by qs, demies by qs

Theo

Postby Theo » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:29 am

cbqdbq wrote:what is IRL ?

"In Real Life" is what I've always thought.
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

TheDoctor6013

Postby TheDoctor6013 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:22 pm

cj125 wrote:
maria wrote:Lol - I've just seen that across the entire globe there are 9805 subscribers to this forum - what a tiny community we are!!! The chances of the next door neighbour being on the same wavelength are miniscule!

Miniscule but not zero! I've actually run into another member here while visiting a nearby spot that he put on the mud map. I will tell you it is an odd feeling being neck deep in the middle of a tidal flat and seeing another person approaching. Like what the hell do I say in this situation? "Just going for a swim!" :lol: Great guy. Even let me borrow some of his portable shower and a towel for clean up.

There is definitely a process to it and one that I've had to refine and perfect over the years. I started just walking the nearby river and was able to fine knee to waist deep mud on occasion that I could lay down in. Always full of a ton of sticks that would scratch me to hell. Even got a nasty infection that started moving up my leg and required IV antibiotics to treat. Not an experience that I am keen to repeat.

When I got a car I started utilizing the mud map a bit more and took not of what the landscape looked like in successful areas to try and find others that may not have been marked yet. Using this method I have had some very good luck with finding chest deep to bottomless mud that isn't anymore than a 30 minute drive from me and has a convenient clean up spot. In fact, on my last sink of the season this year, I finally managed to pull off the mythical completely vertical submersion in some wonderfully smooth tidal mud.

The preparation I've got down to a science. Pack a towel, plastic shopping bag for clothes, ziplock bag for important items, change of clothes, and a water bottle. Jump in my beater car and map out where the best place to approach would be from on foot using Google. I always make sure that there is some level of water near by for cleanup. Once I'm done I just go for a swim against the current. 5-10 minute workout and you come out of the water looking relatively clean. Still a tad dirty, yes, but more in the, I was doing active outdoor activities, sense and less in the, I was just over my head in mud, sense.

I will say though that the most effort I've gone through to get to a mud pit though was booking a cross country vacation to Studio 588 for a week and a half to volunteer at Studio 588. Well worth the effort and something I would like to repeat. I was going to go back these past two Summers but of course life got in the way in more than one sense.

What do you mean volunteer at Studio 588?

Can anyone just volunteer there? Did you get to sink into any of the pits or will they let you? Do you get to meet any of the models? Roughly where is this located? I would be willing to help out.

cj125

Postby cj125 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:13 am

TheDoctor6013 wrote:
cj125 wrote:
maria wrote:Lol - I've just seen that across the entire globe there are 9805 subscribers to this forum - what a tiny community we are!!! The chances of the next door neighbour being on the same wavelength are miniscule!

Miniscule but not zero! I've actually run into another member here while visiting a nearby spot that he put on the mud map. I will tell you it is an odd feeling being neck deep in the middle of a tidal flat and seeing another person approaching. Like what the hell do I say in this situation? "Just going for a swim!" :lol: Great guy. Even let me borrow some of his portable shower and a towel for clean up.

There is definitely a process to it and one that I've had to refine and perfect over the years. I started just walking the nearby river and was able to fine knee to waist deep mud on occasion that I could lay down in. Always full of a ton of sticks that would scratch me to hell. Even got a nasty infection that started moving up my leg and required IV antibiotics to treat. Not an experience that I am keen to repeat.

When I got a car I started utilizing the mud map a bit more and took not of what the landscape looked like in successful areas to try and find others that may not have been marked yet. Using this method I have had some very good luck with finding chest deep to bottomless mud that isn't anymore than a 30 minute drive from me and has a convenient clean up spot. In fact, on my last sink of the season this year, I finally managed to pull off the mythical completely vertical submersion in some wonderfully smooth tidal mud.

The preparation I've got down to a science. Pack a towel, plastic shopping bag for clothes, ziplock bag for important items, change of clothes, and a water bottle. Jump in my beater car and map out where the best place to approach would be from on foot using Google. I always make sure that there is some level of water near by for cleanup. Once I'm done I just go for a swim against the current. 5-10 minute workout and you come out of the water looking relatively clean. Still a tad dirty, yes, but more in the, I was doing active outdoor activities, sense and less in the, I was just over my head in mud, sense.

I will say though that the most effort I've gone through to get to a mud pit though was booking a cross country vacation to Studio 588 for a week and a half to volunteer at Studio 588. Well worth the effort and something I would like to repeat. I was going to go back these past two Summers but of course life got in the way in more than one sense.

What do you mean volunteer at Studio 588?

Can anyone just volunteer there? Did you get to sink into any of the pits or will they let you? Do you get to meet any of the models? Roughly where is this located? I would be willing to help out.

Hope I’m not breaking any rules talking about it outside of the Studio 588 forum but yup! You can totally volunteer. Fred usually puts out a call for volunteers in the Studio 588 section. Shoot him an email when he does if you’re interested. He’s great to talk to. Of course you have to get there on your own dime but it was well worth the trip in my experience. Fred does provide a place to stay and some delicious food though so you only need to work about transportation. I volunteered about a week and half and had the pleasure of working with Karma, Stefani, Kennedy, and Melissa Dangerous who were all fantastic and really fun to shoot with. I even got to write and direct a scene or two (unreleased as of yet) which I honestly wasn’t expecting but it made my day. Pits were fair game in between shoots and I spent literal hours in the clay and peat pits and yes its just as incredible as you imagine it to be. During and after shoots there is still a lot of work to be done though and it is a professional environment so don’t expect to be lounging around if there are a lot of shoots booked. Fred will put you to work but you know what they say. If you enjoy what you do, you never work a day in your life and I definitely enjoyed it. Fingers crossed I’m able to find the time and budget to go back this year.

Metablip

Postby Metablip » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:39 am

OdetteFan85 wrote:Here in Florida we have a few options when it comes to sinking IRL. One of the first places I found was a sand mine near Disney World. There one might find places where erosion did its thing with the sand and created natural quicksand that I learned was far too dense to be used for my intentions.

Later in a coastal nature preserve I found acres of mangrove swamps and a tropical jungle setting worthy of the screen. A boardwalk let out thru the trees into a jungle right out of my dreams, complete with endless mud that looked like it could be bottomless as well. Then I came upon a section that was closed off. This led to an abandoned observation deck surrounded by places that would make a jungle maiden sweat. When I came back prepared for exploring, my heart began to race as I took my clothes off and climbed over the railing, right into a bed of oyster shells! Once my poor feet healed I was back with a pair of socks on as a concession, and was able learn just how difficult it is to sink much lower than your neck, especially when salt is involved. Dramatic roleplaying was my goal, but it wasn't easy to submerge at the end like I wanted to. I'd done it in shallow spots by lying down or sort of wedging myself into the side of the "hole" in a waist to chest deep spot, but that was out of necessity. I see the actress in a lot of videos doing the same thing to make a bottom disappear, and if she's good she makes it convincing. Even worse, going deep vertically ran the risk of finding an unseen layer of more oysters. It was a good thing I'm athletic, because getting out proved a lot harder than getting in, I can see how this stuff could be dangerous. All in all, saltwater mud in Florida is hit-or-miss.

Finally, at in Central FL I found the best spot I've ever been in. It took weeks with a long stick, poking a lot of sorry puddles that had looked promising.Then I came upon a confluence where two creeks had formed a massive bank of loose, black sediment. It passed my usual stick test all the way to my hand, which at my height. I'd never seen this before except in the mangroves, but this stuff was different. When I had gotten "dressed" (occasionally I like to make a bit of a production out of going sinking...) and stepped in, it was very hard to take the first part slow. Up to waist was about five seconds. From there I was able to control it a bit better by staying still, but even motionless I was still sinking slowly. It was just like it looked on a screen, but with feeling.

In my imagination, arousal is an unavoidable side effect of quicksand/mud. Climax coincides with submersion, just before or during. It's been the holy grail for me to experience this for myself ever since my mind began developing fantasies. Being slowly swallowed up and stimulated by something, inevitably until the end was it . When I'm sinking, I prefer not to resort to using my hands as it would break the immersion. Timing is the key. I'd managed it before, but that was in places with a bottom. No such control was possible here. Everything was playing out just like my fantasy, except that I was about to go under before I wanted to!

At last, collared up to my chin and nose, with the mud gurgling in my ears, I got I what I wanted. Solitude was ensured, and I like to get vocal so I was able to gasp and scream to my heart's content before the mud got what it wanted and closed over my face. For a few seconds, I was in Nirvana, finally experiencing all the physical sensations I'd dreamed of. I'd taken a pretty big breath before going under, so I was able to stay under long enough to take in the resplendence of my situation. As I slowly breathed out to make the surface bubble for effect, the thought crossed my mind that I might not actually reach the surface in time and was effectively drowning myself! For a few hot seconds, my struggles were finally in earnest as my lungs burned for air but I was able to emerge and catch my breath.

In closing, my experiences simulating quicksand IRL have had mixed results. Conditions have a huge effect on whether an outing will be worth the time and risk involved. For these two successes I've spent hours poring over aerial photos or traipsing around chasing wild geese. It can be incredibly fun, but it's kinda dangerous as well. I've never been caught, but there was once I had to hide with them only yards away hoping they didn't find my clothes before I did. I nearly drowned in a channel once trying to reach an island because I thought there might be a spot there. If you made it this far thanks for reading!

Where is this spot in Central FL??

Return to “General Discussion”