Sinking With Contact Lenses

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Mynock

Re: Sinking With Contact Lenses

Postby Mynock » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:28 pm

Sorry for any confusion, my concern was not protecting my eyes, that's never been an issue for me.
What I wanted to know was if wearing contacts while sinking could cause issues. Since two people so far have chime in saying no I think I'm good without the goggles. :)
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:03 pm

I wore contacts for years without issue. They were forbidden at first where I worked because of the supposed threat from particles of what we produced getting in there. That was finally dropped because it just wasn't a problem. Never had mud trouble with them but glasses were a fight just because of sweat always being in my eyes and couldn't get to them.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:01 am

Got my first trial set today, was a bit of an adventure getting them in but wow......I'm kicking myself for not doing this sooner! Thanks again to all who provided info!
--Sun Tzu

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:36 am

Mynock wrote:Got my first trial set today, was a bit of an adventure getting them in but wow......I'm kicking myself for not doing this sooner! Thanks again to all who provided info!

:D Touching your eyes feels only weird the first couple times. After that it's a normal routine.
Have fun sinking!
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Rickington

Postby Rickington » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:10 pm

I should start making a habit of using my disposable contacts more when sinking. I like being able to see when I'm almost going under... not to mention that the mud already claimed a pair of sports glasses that at the time, I only bought a month previously...

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:09 pm

Rickington wrote:I like being able to see when I'm almost going under...

This. My Astigmatisim is so bad I'm basically blind when I take mine off. It's gonna be an interesting experience sinking with 20/20 vision for the first time. 8-)
--Sun Tzu

Return to “General Discussion”