Ever been spotted?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
CreamyClayK

Re: Ever been spotted?

Postby CreamyClayK » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:17 am

Three times in one day if you'd believe it! My usual sinking spot is a long stretch of sand cliffs along one of the great lakes, incredibly visible and exposed to the water, but there's never anyone out there. Today was really busy I guess, because there were a BUNCH of boats out on the lake. I almost turned back and went home but I figured "eh, they're all too far out to notice me" and to my credit most of them were. I had found a good spot and was about waist-deep when 2 kayakers paddled past. They looked at me and we made direct eye contact, and for a second I panicked but I managed a little wave. They waved back and kept paddling, I think small amount of scrub brush and fallen trees was enough to hide what I was doing. They left and I kept on sinking, but after a while a small pontoon boat motored past. I don't know if they saw me for sure, but I was almost chest deep in mud. It took them a while to pass, and the mud solidified around me by the time they were out of eyeshot. Later, when I was cleaning up in the lake, 3 people on a jetski zoomed past. Thankfully I was wearing underwear and a T shirt, but I was muddy as all hell. They didn't pay me any mind, so I hurried up and left. Every single time was nerve-wracking but I definitely understand why some people think it's exciting, I was wearing cheap tights and a shirt so I wasn't nude or anything, but it still gave me a rush!!

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:02 pm

CreamyClayK wrote:Three times in one day if you'd believe it! My usual sinking spot is a long stretch of sand cliffs along one of the great lakes, incredibly visible and exposed to the water, but there's never anyone out there. Today was really busy I guess, because there were a BUNCH of boats out on the lake. I almost turned back and went home but I figured "eh, they're all too far out to notice me" and to my credit most of them were. I had found a good spot and was about waist-deep when 2 kayakers paddled past. They looked at me and we made direct eye contact, and for a second I panicked but I managed a little wave. They waved back and kept paddling, I think small amount of scrub brush and fallen trees was enough to hide what I was doing. They left and I kept on sinking, but after a while a small pontoon boat motored past. I don't know if they saw me for sure, but I was almost chest deep in mud. It took them a while to pass, and the mud solidified around me by the time they were out of eyeshot. Later, when I was cleaning up in the lake, 3 people on a jetski zoomed past. Thankfully I was wearing underwear and a T shirt, but I was muddy as all hell. They didn't pay me any mind, so I hurried up and left. Every single time was nerve-wracking but I definitely understand why some people think it's exciting, I was wearing cheap tights and a shirt so I wasn't nude or anything, but it still gave me a rush!!

I agree it is the suspense and rush of trying to escape before being caught or having some urgency to get out but still being trapped.

Slugjaba1922

Postby Slugjaba1922 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:45 pm

rubik-pillow wrote:So I had a bit of a close encounter with another human this evening at a local quarry I’ve been using lately, I’ve had other close calls before but this one was strange and I thought I’d write about it. I’m doing my thing down in this settling pond, which sits below one of the gravel roads in the quarry. There’s a berm built up between me and this road, a cat suddenly appears over this berm and walks towards me. It made me jump a bit and said “oh” out loud, in a normal voice, not a yell. Right after I say it, human footsteps start sounding in the gravel. The cat runs back up and I go completely silent. At this point I’m pretty much waiting for this person to look over the berm and initiate an extremely awkward conversation. But surprisingly the footsteps slowly fade off to the left. I have no doubt this guy heard me, but I’m guessing he mistook my “oh” for a green frog call, they are everywhere around this place.
Anyway, a few minutes go by and I stay silent, waiting till I feel comfortable again. What do you know, here come the footsteps going back the other way. No cat this time. They fade off to the right and after a few minutes I get back to wallowing.
I would love to know if this was a security guard who brought his cat in for a long third shift, or if this was just a civilian, or even if the cat was unrelated and just a coincidence. Regardless, I hate the feeling of being naked and covered in mud as somebody walks by 20 feet away just *barely* out of sight of me.
Let’s hear your stories...

I was caught today by a guy wearing a white t-shirt and black backpack at my grass pit quarry. Dude looked back at me from over a 100 feet away about 8 times. I even waved awkwardly at him. :lol: Anyways hopefully it was one of us. He kept walking. Neither one of us said anything. I was moaning and making a lot of jestures before I even noticed him. (you know a mud bath but nude.) Probably had a show before I wiped mud off my eyes.

maria

Postby maria » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:22 pm

I think I may have told this one before ...

I was literally sniffed out by a dog - one of those pointer golden retrievers that collects birds after they've been shot. I was down to the rims of my waders when the dog suddenly appeared right in front of me. Because I was sunk and the dog was on the higher bank of the depression I'd "stepped" into by mistake, it was looking right in the face.

Only seconds later I heard the crunch of leaves and someone walking to where I was. I desperately tried getting out, but anyone who wears boots will know the next thing that happened - the rims went under and my waders started filling with mud. I was speechless and totally embarrassed and mumbled something about trying to find my dog or something like that. She just told me to leave the property and walked away!

Tim Kelly

Postby Tim Kelly » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:21 am

Most likely scenario is that they will call the fuzz to report "an escaped looney".
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

OdetteFan85

Postby OdetteFan85 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:29 am

I have always been an odd duck. I emulate what I like to see so my preference is to dress for the occasion. Bathing suits, especially one-piece. Once on my way to the pit in the park at night I was spotted by the Ranger and he seemed to think I was actually a young lady! He was worried! Coastal mud flats can be a dangerous place, after all. I did my "thing" in the intended spot with gusto and I often wonder if it's really my fault if he fell for it and believed my acting because I guess I must make for a convincing girl after all. He seemed to believe that I'd come to a terrible fate and was somewhere out there still when in fact I was walking right past him while he said so! I did cut the last gasp.off and make bubbles, perhaps I should not have been so loud?

Return to “General Discussion”