Upcoming Movie

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
TK421

Re: Upcoming Movie

Postby TK421 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:23 am

Ottoklein wrote:
TK421 wrote:
Theo wrote:
TK421 wrote:Nope. Nope. Not going for it. Not gonna get excited no matter how promising it may look because we all know Hollywood can fuck up a cup of coffee :lol:

So true, and so hilarious! :lol: Of course, if they'd bring in people who actually know what they're doing (you know like, maybe some professional gun instructors? I'll stop there) it might actually turn out. When they reach out to some of the great producers on here, then maybe we can start getting excited.

The only latest Hollywood production worth it’s weight in gold and relatively delivered (and actually wasn’t a bad movie to watch) was The Marsh. That was in 2006. Sadly, Hollywood overall doesn’t have the best track record with these things, but I digress… I have to admit that the likes of Dave and other producers here spoiled me somewhat.

I’ve never heard of the Marsh. That said, I’m planning on getting a Premiere going for it in Nashville. Worst case scenario, I can still secure a private watch party. I’m actually hopeful for the movie.

After seeing some of the press footage, I'll be watching it for sure. This year actually looks promising for the QS community for mainstream content for the first time in a while. I am still keeping my expectations low but the good news is they can only go up from there.

As for The Marsh, It's definitely worth watching for the scenes which feature both male and female sinks and the pit is pretty good in it. Whitaker does a great supporting role per usual (actually, he kinda carried it) and Gabrielle Anwar looks good in it. The plot is slow so it's a dragger and the plot is pretty predictable. Even if you hate the movie, the sinks make it worth the effort finding it on your streaming source of choice.
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.
OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!”

Ottoklein

Postby Ottoklein » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:14 pm

TK421 wrote:
Ottoklein wrote:
TK421 wrote:
Theo wrote:
TK421 wrote:Nope. Nope. Not going for it. Not gonna get excited no matter how promising it may look because we all know Hollywood can fuck up a cup of coffee :lol:

So true, and so hilarious! :lol: Of course, if they'd bring in people who actually know what they're doing (you know like, maybe some professional gun instructors? I'll stop there) it might actually turn out. When they reach out to some of the great producers on here, then maybe we can start getting excited.

The only latest Hollywood production worth it’s weight in gold and relatively delivered (and actually wasn’t a bad movie to watch) was The Marsh. That was in 2006. Sadly, Hollywood overall doesn’t have the best track record with these things, but I digress… I have to admit that the likes of Dave and other producers here spoiled me somewhat.

I’ve never heard of the Marsh. That said, I’m planning on getting a Premiere going for it in Nashville. Worst case scenario, I can still secure a private watch party. I’m actually hopeful for the movie.

After seeing some of the press footage, I'll be watching it for sure. This year actually looks promising for the QS community for mainstream content for the first time in a while. I am still keeping my expectations low but the good news is they can only go up from there.

As for The Marsh, It's definitely worth watching for the scenes which feature both male and female sinks and the pit is pretty good in it. Whitaker does a great supporting role per usual (actually, he kinda carried it) and Gabrielle Anwar looks good in it. The plot is slow so it's a dragger and the plot is pretty predictable. Even if you hate the movie, the sinks make it worth the effort finding it on your streaming source of choice.

Yeah, 2022 seems to be the year of quicksand so far, between Prey and, well, Quicksand. My booking agents are in negotiations, but that can take a few months, but I figure I’d get a prescreening, premiere, and a watch party, that way we can get some people in this community early access as well as a chance to, in the event a premiere is greenlit, hold a Q&A panel with the director and actors.
Also, what would be a good way to see The Marsh? Which streaming service would work best?

mudmaiden

Postby mudmaiden » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:04 am

Here is the IMDb for the movie if anyone is interested!
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt19056070/? ... ims_tt_i_2
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

TK421

Postby TK421 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:11 am

Ottoklein wrote:
TK421 wrote:
Ottoklein wrote:
TK421 wrote:
Theo wrote:

Yeah, 2022 seems to be the year of quicksand so far, between Prey and, well, Quicksand. My booking agents are in negotiations, but that can take a few months, but I figure I’d get a prescreening, premiere, and a watch party, that way we can get some people in this community early access as well as a chance to, in the event a premiere is greenlit, hold a Q&A panel with the director and actors.
Also, what would be a good way to see The Marsh? Which streaming service would work best?

I apologize! I didn’t even see this until now. Last I checked it was available on Prime and maybe Tubi but it’s been a hot minute since
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.

mudmaiden

Postby mudmaiden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:41 pm

They are talking about the movie on Youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6XKxfvomLU
Tarzan to Jill Hardy: Girl be still. Not sink!!"
From "Valley Of Mystery" : Don't struggle and do not thrash around; that just makes things worse!

Also: check me out at:
http://mudmaiden.deviantart.com/gallery/

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:05 am

That's a super attractive woman!

Tim Kelly

Postby Tim Kelly » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:13 am

Most likely scenario is that they would take the opportunity to try and push each other under shouting, "Sink, bitch!"
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

Tim Kelly

Postby Tim Kelly » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:16 am

They already used this idea once before, in an episode of "Land Of The Giants".
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

Ottoklein

Postby Ottoklein » Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:32 pm

We have a release date and a platform. June 23rd, and the platform is a streaming service called Shutter, which is a horror-oriented stream service affiliated with AMC

TK421

Postby TK421 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:14 am

Ottoklein wrote:We have a release date and a platform. June 23rd, and the platform is a streaming service called Shutter, which is a horror-oriented stream service affiliated with AMC

Shudder** ;) :P
“We have no food.
We have no jobs.

Return to “General Discussion”