Favorite Picture

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Conspiracy101

Favorite Picture

Postby Conspiracy101 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:44 pm

So I was aimlessly browsing through my extensive collection of pictures the other day and I came across a picture that I hadn't looked at for a little while. However, as soon as I looked at it, it brought back the memory of the first time I started searching for quicksand on the Internet. This wasn't literally the first picture I saw, but it was of the first batch on my Google search at the time. I'm sure many will know this picture by the description alone, it was the pic of Mina doing her dramatic sink wearing a leopard print bikini with the bikini bottoms just starting to sink into the quicksand and she was positioned with her hands behind her butt slightly pushing up on the quicksand. Obviously there are thousands of other fantastic pictures of different models, but this has always been my favorite picture that can't be replaced.

I'm curious if anyone else has a picture that they personally feel will the best picture of all time for whatever reason it may be, whether it was one of the first pictures you ever saw, it's your favorite pic of your favorite model, or its a random picture that just flipped that switch for you. I'm really interested to see what everyone has to add so please comment below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Some times fear has the appropriate response"

arisumudvixen

Re: Favorite Picture

Postby arisumudvixen » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:32 am

<3 this 1.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:49 am

Kind of hard to beat this one. :D

A20

Postby A20 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:37 am

That's definitely a favorite of mine too. Between that and the following picture :D
Image Fan of tight miniskirts and pantyhose in quicksand Image
A-020's deviantArt | A-020's Patreon | A-020's Gumroad | A-020's Twitter
| A-020's YouTube

Conspiracy101

Postby Conspiracy101 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:27 pm

Haha I guess this is the holy grail of pictures

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:01 pm

Conspiracy101 wrote:Haha I guess this is the holy grail of pictures

I guess it's pretty obvious why I think this is a great topic but I'm kind of disappointed with the response. So much so that even though I rarely if ever post any longer I've got to say something.

I know "favorite picture" is going to be a subjective kind of call but out of the thousands, tens of thousands, of qs photos that have been minted since that photo was taken in 1998 I can't believe that it remains the "holy grail" by even a long shot. I like it. Mina hits the drama button at exactly the right moment and the lighting is nice but come on people. Dig a little.

I've got a lot of favorites but the best ever for me, one that I would love to have had the chance to capture the feeling of, is this one by Chuck Lang of his ex-wife, Paula.

clreed11.jpg

It's real. There's a nice looking lady wearing nothing stuck in a bog that I know for a fact she couldn't touch bottom if she was standing on a tall giraffe. She's reaching for real. Ironically even though there have been many images that try so hard to create "reality" by going over the top, this one is most "real". I've always loved it for that if nothing else. Look at the story it might be telling. She's stuck? She's sinking and trying to hang on? Playing? It's the Mona Lisa of qs photos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Skyrook92

Postby Skyrook92 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:53 pm

I always loved the Archenemys photo sets. Here are two pictures from one of my favorite moments. One dramatic and one playful:

Conspiracy101

Postby Conspiracy101 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:58 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:
Conspiracy101 wrote:Haha I guess this is the holy grail of pictures

I guess it's pretty obvious why I think this is a great topic but I'm kind of disappointed with the response. So much so that even though I rarely if ever post any longer I've got to say something.

I know "favorite picture" is going to be a subjective kind of call but out of the thousands, tens of thousands, of qs photos that have been minted since that photo was taken in 1998 I can't believe that it remains the "holy grail" by even a long shot. I like it. Mina hits the drama button at exactly the right moment and the lighting is nice but come on people. Dig a little.

I've got a lot of favorites but the best ever for me, one that I would love to have had the chance to capture the feeling of, is this one by Chuck Lang of his ex-wife, Paula.

clreed11.jpg

It's real. There's a nice looking lady wearing nothing stuck in a bog that I know for a fact she couldn't touch bottom if she was standing on a tall giraffe. She's reaching for real. Ironically even though there have been many images that try so hard to create "reality" by going over the top, this one is most "real". I've always loved it for that if nothing else. Look at the story it might be telling. She's stuck? She's sinking and trying to hang on? Playing? It's the Mona Lisa of qs photos.

Pictures of women actually stuck and struggling definitely have a quality to them that can't be matched so I definitely agree with you there Duncan. When it comes to overall scene quality I pretty much always go for the scenes available now more than ever it seems when the model is legitimately stuck in a real location or at least a manufactured pit that was set up to get the model truly stuck and struggling to escape.

bart1997

Postby bart1997 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:56 pm

Last edited by bart1997 on Fri May 08, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bg6638

Postby bg6638 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:56 am

"clreed11" by far is my #1 photo, in over 15 years of going thru tons of QS/mud related photos on the 'net

..... and it lets your imagination run wild too as to what she's wearing ..... or not! ;) ;)

Return to “General Discussion”