What's your favorite "quicksand" substance thing?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions

What's your favorite "quicksand" substance?

Clay
43%
Gravel
1%
Silt
16%
Sand
13%
Peat
23%
Other (specify in reply)
4%

Total votes: 222

dasandmann

Re: What's your favorite "quicksand" substance thing?

Postby dasandmann » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:33 pm

I chose other. Other as in tidal mud flats. And any other mud like substance. I am lucky enough to have a creek behind my house that has waist deep mud. It has some areas that are sandy, but are only lower thigh deep. I actually haven't been out there in a while. I might go out there today actually. :)
Actually I think I am. I'll post pics later.
ITS MY QUICKSAND!
AND I NEED IT NOW!
DEEP NOT SHALLOW!

strugllovr

Postby strugllovr » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:04 pm

Gravel???

Cartesheripade

Postby Cartesheripade » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:53 am

Definatley peat for me! :)

The Highwayman

Postby The Highwayman » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:55 pm

Hello all.

My personal favourite is very, very thick deep peat. Preferably found on misty moorland.
It has to be nice and thick because it's nice to get stuck in it fairly shallow at first and
as I try to struggle free my riding boots slowly sink deeper and deeper and even
If I stop struggling once the peat surrounding has been agitated I still keep sinking
very slowly but need to use a rope to get out as most of the time even if I've
only sunk to the top of my riding boots the suction is so great that it's simply
impossible to get out!!

It feels quite weard seeing the tops of my boots slowly disappear below the
surface of the freshly disturbed peat followed shortly afterwards by the
feeling of the cold peaty bog soaking through my jodhpurs as I sink above
my knees. By this time I'm at the point of no return and make frantic efforts
struggle free again only to end up to the tops of my thighs or even deeper!!

The Highwayman.

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:25 am

I got into some quickgravel once. It was "run of bank" gravel, so it was a blend of everything from clay and silt to gravel. A combination of really good water flow and freeze/thaw cycles made it quick. Quite a surprise for me! :shock: :o 8-) Lots of fun- got into it up to my shorts- could have gone deeper. However, when I got out, I found that the nice round pieces of sandstone and all the coarser stuff had completely stripped the hair off my legs! :( :oops:

On the plus side, I never even felt the hair being abraded off my legs- apparently it was cut and not pulled out. Perhaps we could market this for folks who want to get rid of excess body hair, and leave their skin exfoliated at the same time. :)

strugllovr wrote:Gravel???
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

SarahMichelle

Postby SarahMichelle » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:23 pm

I love everything about clay- the color, the consistency, the way it feels, and especially how smooth it makes my skin!

But I have some guilty pleasure that I almost hate to admit with peat! Peat is really difficult to get out of your hair. If I'm doing more than one submergence in a row it is time consuming & leaves less time for sinking! But on the other hand, it looks really great & has more of an authentic look. Also, the thickness of it makes it easier to be held down for a longer sink whereas some other types of mud etc is thin/watery so it's difficult to stay under at times.

One of my favorite sinks I've ever done was this past summer at Camp MPV in their peat pit. I'm looking forward to the release of that video!

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:29 pm

SarahMichelle wrote:I love everything about clay- the color, the consistency, the way it feels, and especially how smooth it makes my skin!

But I have some guilty pleasure that I almost hate to admit with peat! Peat is really difficult to get out of your hair. If I'm doing more than one submergence in a row it is time consuming & leaves less time for sinking! But on the other hand, it looks really great & has more of an authentic look. Also, the thickness of it makes it easier to be held down for a longer sink whereas some other types of mud etc is thin/watery so it's difficult to stay under at times.

One of my favorite sinks I've ever done was this past summer at Camp MPV in their peat pit. I'm looking forward to the release of that video!

In reply to your comment about getting it out of your hair, several of the regular models I work with put a bit of baby oil in their hair prior to doing a scene. They tell me it makes cleaning up easier. When they do clean up they generally use conditioner but not shampoo until after the last session of the day.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Conspiracy101

Postby Conspiracy101 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:34 pm

SarahMichelle wrote:I love everything about clay- the color, the consistency, the way it feels, and especially how smooth it makes my skin!

This may be one of the best posts ever from a quicksand model. You rock Sarah!
"Some times fear has the appropriate response"

SarahMichelle

Postby SarahMichelle » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:33 am

In reply to your comment about getting it out of your hair, several of the regular models I work with put a bit of baby oil in their hair prior to doing a scene. They tell me it makes cleaning up easier. When they do clean up they generally use conditioner but not shampoo until after the last session of the day.[/quote]

Thank you! I usually do just conditioner but little twigs etc just get stuck & I try to give as "fresh" as look add I can for each sink or else I don't think it gives an authentic feel & then I don't feel as confident during the shoot. It's just one of those things that comes with the territory. ;)

SarahMichelle

Postby SarahMichelle » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:34 am

Conspiracy101 wrote:

This may be one of the best posts ever from a quicksand model. You rock Sarah!

Haha aw well I was just being honest!! :P :oops:

Return to “General Discussion”