What movie(s) could be better with a mud/quicksand scene?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
PA Jack

Re: What movie(s) could be better with a mud/quicksand scene?

Postby PA Jack » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:51 am

A few more movies occurred to me:

The entire Jurassic Park franchise: I know dinosaurs were the primary feature, but with all the
jungle footage, they could have fit in at least one QS scene.

The African Queen. Perhaps Katherine Hepburn was past her prime, but the setting was ripe.

Romancing the Stone: Kathleen Turner could have done a good scene, but all she did was slide
down a muddy slope.

King Solomon’s Mines (the original): I kept waiting for it, but it never came.
Formerly jack c, years ago.

Meeca

Postby Meeca » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:08 am

Any with annoying supporting characters so the audience could cheer when they sank from sight !

Theo

Postby Theo » Sun May 05, 2024 8:34 am

PA Jack wrote:...The entire Jurassic Park franchise: I know dinosaurs were the primary feature, but with all the
jungle footage, they could have fit in at least one QS scene...

Well, here's some ideas of what could've been :) Claire In Quicksand

I watched one called Northmen: A Viking Saga (2014) a while back. Early on, the captive Scottish (I think) princess started running away from her Viking captors into what looked like it could be a nice boggy area. But alas, the Viking archer shot an arrow in the ground before her, stopping her in her tracks, then Viking leader walked over and reclaimed her. Near the end, there was a bit of a bog/quicksand scene, but with two warrior guys :|
Finally broke down and went to see a psychologist. She told me I just have an overactive imagination—and it really excited her. We're going sinking next weekend. Theo's AI Quicksandbox New stuff every weekend (unless life gets in the way)

PA Jack

Postby PA Jack » Sun May 05, 2024 12:50 pm

Theo wrote:
PA Jack wrote:...The entire Jurassic Park franchise: I know dinosaurs were the primary feature, but with all the
jungle footage, they could have fit in at least one QS scene...

Well, here's some ideas of what could've been :) Claire In Quicksand

I watched one called Northmen: A Viking Saga (2014) a while back. Early on, the captive Scottish (I think) princess started running away from her Viking captors into what looked like it could be a nice boggy area. But alas, the Viking archer shot an arrow in the ground before her, stopping her in her tracks, then Viking leader walked over and reclaimed her. Near the end, there was a bit of a bog/quicksand scene, but with two warrior guys :|

Yes. Of all the actresses in the Jurassic Park series, Bryce Dallas Howard would have been the most inviting one to have a sinking scene. Too bad . . . (sigh).
Formerly jack c, years ago.

Return to “General Discussion”