What movie(s) could be better with a mud/quicksand scene?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
quickman

Re: What movie(s) could be better with a mud/quicksand scene?

Postby quickman » Fri May 17, 2019 11:23 am

I've been thinking a lot lately about a scene that should have been made in any number of old cheesy sci-fi flicks. In the scene a couple of astronauts are exploring another planet when one of them steps into some extraterrestrial quicksand. It is very loose and he sinks down into it. The camera would show not only the angle of him sinking but also the view from inside his helmet. As he is going down, you'll see the quicksand creeping up the face shield on his helmet. All the while he is screaming for help but his fellow astronaut doesn't dare go in to help him. Because he is in a space suit with a head set, you continue to hear his screams after he has completely submerged. And you know he will be alive until his life support runs out. The scene would fade away with his screams.
Since the type of movie I'm thinking of would also have been during the heyday of quicksand used as a plot device, it seems like this would have been a real obvious scene to have done.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sat May 18, 2019 8:13 am

I have imagined scenarios similar to this one, but ending with the person increasing the air pressure in the suit to inflate it to its maximum, making it buoyant so that the person rises back up to the surface again to escape the deadly trap!
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

quickman

Postby quickman » Sun May 19, 2019 10:41 am

Like something Macgyver would think of

Return to “General Discussion”