Open appeal to all US based quicksand producers..

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Lino

Open appeal to all US based quicksand producers..

Postby Lino » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:29 pm

Hi guys,

I know most if not all of you have got some new DVD's coming out pretty soon (Robert, I'm looking at you particularly!), but we here in the UK have been suffering from unofficial postal strikes over the whole of the Summer (I have lost a tax cheque for $1200 which is REALLY pissing me off at the moment), and just last week the postal workers decided to take action and go on a nationwide strike, so I'm asking if there is a way to look into changing your delivery options to maybe include UPS or similar, as much as it pains me to say so, I'd be willing to pay extra to make sure that a DVD was delivered rather than lost in what is an already huge collection of undelivered mail.

Thoughts?

Nessie
Producer

Re: Open appeal to all US based quicksand producers..

Postby Nessie » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:49 pm

Sure, I'd look into it. If anybody has a concern, they should explain it to me when they buy. I believe there's a way to type in a message with the order as one goes through PayPal but if not, just use the e-mail that's on my site.

It may or may not affect my price. Depends on what UPS has to say about what they charge when I look into it, which, if it happens, I will.

People got to move fast, though...when I get a DVD order, I usually ship it the next day!

Nessie

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:07 pm

Man that sucks. Isn't there a way you can get that check deposited electronically? The IRS here in the states has direct deposite if you sign up for it.
Just thought I'd also add that I never trust anything important/delicate to the Postal service. I buy alot of DVD's and computer components online, and UPS and FedEx have never delivered me a damaged product. USPS has repetedly.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:09 pm

I don't know about the cost difference yet but UPS is certainly an option. There is no doubt the price would be higher, however, as use of UPS or some non-postal method means more than a different price for the shipping. It also means a drop-off trip, whereas with the postal service I can leave a package in my mail box. During the summer months, when I am located at my Studio, the post office is 8 miles each way. I am not sure where UPS is located by I believe it will be at least 30 miles, each way. From September through mid May I think the distance difference is negligible.

Most likely, the delivery cost via UPS will turn out to be within a dollar or two of the same, but the time from order receipt to shipment will go from 18-24 hours to 3-4 days.

Nessie wrote:Sure, I'd look into it. If anybody has a concern, they should explain it to me when they buy. I believe there's a way to type in a message with the order as one goes through PayPal but if not, just use the e-mail that's on my site.

It may or may not affect my price. Depends on what UPS has to say about what they charge when I look into it, which, if it happens, I will.

People got to move fast, though...when I get a DVD order, I usually ship it the next day!

Nessie
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:58 pm

Lino wrote:...I know most if not all of you have got some new DVD's coming out pretty soon (Robert, I'm looking at you particularly!), but we here in the UK have been suffering from unofficial postal strikes over the whole of the Summer (I have lost a tax cheque for $1200 which is REALLY pissing me off at the moment), and just last week the postal workers decided to take action and go on a nationwide strike, so I'm asking if there is a way to look into changing your delivery options to maybe include UPS or similar, as much as it pains me to say so, I'd be willing to pay extra to make sure that a DVD was delivered rather than lost in what is an already huge collection of undelivered mail....

Can you cope with downloading an (ISO) image of a DVD, and then burining it to a disc?

Because I've been thinking about making DVDs downloadable. All you would have to do is order it in the normal way, and then I would point you where to download the image.

Roxio and other similar programs can deal with image files.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Robert
Producer

Postby Robert » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:23 pm

Lino wrote:Hi guys,

I know most if not all of you have got some new DVD's coming out pretty soon (Robert, I'm looking at you particularly!), but we here in the UK have been suffering from unofficial postal strikes over the whole of the Summer (I have lost a tax cheque for $1200 which is REALLY pissing me off at the moment), and just last week the postal workers decided to take action and go on a nationwide strike, so I'm asking if there is a way to look into changing your delivery options to maybe include UPS or similar, as much as it pains me to say so, I'd be willing to pay extra to make sure that a DVD was delivered rather than lost in what is an already huge collection of undelivered mail.

Thoughts?

The cost of UPS is slightly higher not enough to make a big difference for one or two shipments but over the long run would. I have had very few complaints of the condition of the DVD that was delivered by the USPO and even less complaints about not getting their package delivered. In fact I get complements regularly about how fast the service is to the UK and Europe.

But I will be happy to accommodate one of my best customers. ;)

Anyone else having postal issues let me know. Rcolo1952@aol.com

Robert

Lino

Postby Lino » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:36 pm

dlodoski wrote:
Lino wrote:...I know most if not all of you have got some new DVD's coming out pretty soon (Robert, I'm looking at you particularly!), but we here in the UK have been suffering from unofficial postal strikes over the whole of the Summer (I have lost a tax cheque for $1200 which is REALLY pissing me off at the moment), and just last week the postal workers decided to take action and go on a nationwide strike, so I'm asking if there is a way to look into changing your delivery options to maybe include UPS or similar, as much as it pains me to say so, I'd be willing to pay extra to make sure that a DVD was delivered rather than lost in what is an already huge collection of undelivered mail....

Can you cope with downloading an (ISO) image of a DVD, and then burining it to a disc?

Because I've been thinking about making DVDs downloadable. All you would have to do is order it in the normal way, and then I would point you where to download the image.

Roxio and other similar programs can deal with image files.

Thats certainly something I'd be open to trying, the beauty of your stuff is that you are putting downloadable clips up on the Clubmpv site so I can cherry pick what I want.. Most certainly a great idea though.

Lino

Postby Lino » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:39 pm

Oh stop you're going to make me blush!

Hopefully this dispute is only going to be a short term thing so going back to normal mail when the strike is over won't be a problem, but I certainly do think going UPS for your next release is the way to go, say, when IS that DVD coming out anyways? ;)

Thanks Robert.

Robert wrote:
Lino wrote:Hi guys,

Thoughts?

The cost of UPS is slightly higher not enough to make a big difference for one or two shipments but over the long run would. I have had very few complaints of the condition of the DVD that was delivered by the USPO and even less complaints about not getting their package delivered. In fact I get complements regularly about how fast the service is to the UK and Europe.

But I will be happy to accommodate one of my best customers. ;)

Anyone else having postal issues let me know. Rcolo1952@aol.com

Robert

Robert
Producer

Postby Robert » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:19 pm

Lino wrote:
say, when IS that DVD coming out anyways? ;)

Thanks Robert.

We had a very bad system glitch over the weekend and I am trying to recover the lost AVI files of "The Dark Side lll". So far the good news it that I was able to reproduce 6 out of 8 with recapture. The remaining two, "Roanoke" and "Return of the Bog Witch" are completely lost for now and I must re-edit both from scratch... so.... I can ask Embre to get the web page ready ahead of time and take orders as usual but the shipping date may be delayed depending on how fast I can re-edit. It should be available before Halloween. I can't be more specific then that right now.

Robert

Return to “General Discussion”