Halloween Quicksand Story Contest?

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
water_bug_62208

Halloween Quicksand Story Contest?

Postby water_bug_62208 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:28 am

Okay, I'll ask this question of the moderators... granted, it's somewhat late in the month to be asking this (i have a lot of catching up to do, so sorry for the delay in asking), but are there any plans or considerations for having a Halloween Quicksand Story Contest for the new forum?

Or, is it too much of what the other site did (although there's no signs of them doing their "third annual" contest there) to want to do here?

Or, is it that, due to the low participation at the other site, that it's not something desired for holding here?

Or, is it too late in the month to do this?

Or, is this simply a bad idea?

Anyway, figured I'd ask.

Chimerix

Re: Halloween Quicksand Story Contest?

Postby Chimerix » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:46 am

I'd be on board for it. I don't really see it as a conflict with deepsinking.org since the leadership there decided to move away from adult material. Most of the stories that were submissions in years past wouldn't be allowed there now.

The participation, particularly on the voter side, was disappointing, but it's not like we write because of the acclaim. We write because we write. Maybe a contest can serve as a catalyst, but I never lament any time spent in the sunshine of my muse, regardless of what happens to the words after the fact.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:19 pm

I think a contest is a fine idea, if anyone wants to organize one, but I see no reason why this is something only a moderator or forum owner can do.

water_bug_62208 wrote:Okay, I'll ask this question of the moderators... granted, it's somewhat late in the month to be asking this (i have a lot of catching up to do, so sorry for the delay in asking), but are there any plans or considerations for having a Halloween Quicksand Story Contest for the new forum?

Or, is it too much of what the other site did (although there's no signs of them doing their "third annual" contest there) to want to do here?

Or, is it that, due to the low participation at the other site, that it's not something desired for holding here?

Or, is it too late in the month to do this?

Or, is this simply a bad idea?

Anyway, figured I'd ask.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:22 pm

Fred588 wrote:I think a contest is a fine idea, if anyone wants to organize one, but I see no reason why this is something only a moderator or forum owner can do.

I couldn't agree more. I couldn't tell you what is going on anywhere else and it doesn't really matter. Gofer it. 8-)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Swampficious

Postby Swampficious » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:41 am

I'm up for giving it a shot if you guys are holding a competition.
Even if its just for a reason to write a story... :D

Return to “General Discussion”