Scared To Death: Halloween Quicksand Story Contest

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Demonxchaos

Re: Scared To Death: Halloween Quicksand Story Contest

Postby Demonxchaos » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:50 am

Thank goodness for the revised rules, When I read rule #2 I almost had a panic attack :lol: I had already developed my story idea and had begun working on it, and rule 2 almost killed it entirely. I look forward to reading the other entries, and may the best writer win!
Improvise, adapt, and overcome all challenges.

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:48 pm

I don't think I've ever written a story that had people actually looking to sink. Hooray for amendment!
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

stevensenechal

Postby stevensenechal » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:28 pm

Viridian wrote:I don't think I've ever written a story that had people actually looking to sink. Hooray for amendment!

Moderator - Off topic photo removed

Thank 'water_bug_62208' for the amendments, they do allow for many different possibilities and many of the Fans have indicated that they like the 'open' guidelines as well. Good luck with your story 'Viridian'! (Bugs are pesky though...... :lol: )
Arrakis trains the faithful.

Lomax
Location: Skating the edge of sanity, never knowing which way I'm facing.

Postby Lomax » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:27 pm

stevensenechal wrote:That leaves TWO WHOLE WEEKS to come up with some fantastic stories!

NOW I find the contest announcement (damn, damn, damn, etc). Too late. Mind you, even if I'd seen it the second it was posted, I would almost certainly not have been able to enter. Writing a story in two weeks? Impossible. Even when I was at my most fluent (writers' block is killing me at the moment) this would be nowhere near enough time.

Looking at the guidelines, it is stipulation no 1 that I would've found most restrictive. Hallowe'en is the time for stories of ghosts and the supernatural - but such stories don't have to be set on October 31st. Looking back, three of my four previous submissions would've been ruled ineligible (two of them for covering a time-span of more than one day); one might've got away with it had I added a throwaway sentence indicating the date.
In order to make an apple pie from scratch you first have to create the universe.

stevensenechal

Postby stevensenechal » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:57 pm

Next year's Contest will be very RESTRICTIVE: You must have your victim or victims sink in rotten, year-old pumpkin pie filling.... :shock:

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:17 am

stevensenechal wrote:Next year's Contest will be very RESTRICTIVE: You must have your victim or victims sink in rotten, year-old pumpkin pie filling.... :shock:

Well, there's a week to go for this contest, so who knows, you might see that stuff being used this year... no, not by me... I've already got my media picked out. :D

stevensenechal

Postby stevensenechal » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:18 am

Viridian wrote:I don't think I've ever written a story that had people actually looking to sink. Hooray for amendment!

People actually looking to sink should be a no brainer. I guess we take it for granted as part of our little community but you're right: hooray for the ammendment! :D

stevensenechal

Postby stevensenechal » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:56 pm

Whoa! Four new entries today for the Halloween Quicksand Story Contest by quickbeard, TBoneTony, Viridian and sakura_inverse for all the Quicksand Fans to enjoy! If your are a full member of Quicksand Fans you should enjoy the stories as well as the opportunity to vote on your favorite! With six entries thus far we have a horse race folks! :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”