Been lurking for awhile.

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
lafin

Been lurking for awhile.

Postby lafin » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:36 am

Thought I'd post something and ask a question while I'm at it.
I was wondering if anybody knew any spots to sink in Alberta? Preferably near Calgary and somewhere hidden from view? I've been interested in sinking for awhile but I didn't have a car so I couldn't explore very far (I actually had a good spot that was walking distance from my house but it got bulldozed and now Stoney Trail is on top of it...). I'll be done at SAIT (tech school) next month and I should have a car by spring/summer so I figure I'd see if I could find out about any spots near here now and plan a week of exploring them once it gets warm enough.
I think someone asked this question earlier about near Edmonton and someone replied saying they lived in Calgary? Hopefully that same person will see this post. :D
Also does anybody know if quarries would be a good place to check out? I've been thinking about checking out one near my house but I've always been afraid of getting caught trespassing. I've also been thinking of checking out some of the provincial parks and creeks around but again, been afraid of being caught by hikers or people on ATVs.

Looking forward to responses.

bart1997

Re: Been lurking for awhile.

Postby bart1997 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:54 am

Last edited by bart1997 on Sat May 09, 2015 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

lafin

Re: Been lurking for awhile.

Postby lafin » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:36 pm

I actually have been checking there periodically hoping that someone would post something near where I live, but the closest places on there are in BC and near Hinton, neither of which are really that close. I've actually tried going to the Hinton one, where my friends car that I was driving proceeded to break down between there and my hotel in Jasper. Walking 125km because nobody stops to pick you up and there's no phone service in the mountains wasn't all that fun. :lol:
Although I did find a couple nice spots during that walk along the Athabasca river.
I was actually planning to make a week out of camping and sinking in BC next year so places there that aren't on the map are always appreciated too.

Return to “General Discussion”