"Electric Company" Quicksand

Sink Into On-Topic Discussions
Syke

Re: "Electric Company" Quicksand

Postby Syke » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:45 pm

No clue what that means.I've never actually seen the show.

toggle

Postby toggle » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:57 pm

Any sightings online or elsewhere? This was my earliest tv memory of the sink stuff.

rickyj

Postby rickyj » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:56 am

It's probably the most elusive "scene" (if it could be called that) that there is. No one has it. They sell "best of" DVD"s of the show I believe. The only hope is someone has it out there and has the courage to post it, but that would have been done by now if someone had it. Or if someone can find it on one of those DVD's.
For those who don't know what The Electric Company was it was basically a kids shoe in the late 70's, sort of a competitor to Sesame Street, but with a lot less budget.
As for the scene, If I can remember it, and it really is that old, it would make it my earliest childhood memory, since I would have been 3 or 4 years olf and I' don't remember anything before about 7 years old. Funny, it seems like that scene seems to be a "fetish starter" for more than few people. My only memory is the chick comically wading around in some type of foam-sand and vaguely remember asking for help. The dude with crab avatar obviously knows more. he musta been a teenager back then or something.

bbjohn

Postby bbjohn » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:05 am

'The Electric Company' was not so much a competitor with 'Sesame Street' as it was a companion for it. It was produced by Children's Television Workshop, the same outfit that produced Sesame Street, and was aimed at older elementary school kids while Sesame Street was more for preschoolers and the early elementary grades. Much of the focus of The Electric Company was on reading and math.

I recall they did live action versions of Spiderman comics where "Spidey" said things in "thought balloons" over his head, like he would in the comic books. The idea was to help kids learn to read better and understand what they were reading.

For some reason, perhaps low budgets or they didn't have the Muppets, The Electric Company never really took off. It didn't have the popularity or the staying power of Sesame Street. However, it did give Morgan Freeman his big break. Maybe that was enough.

Big Bad John

DangerGirl

Postby DangerGirl » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:40 am

I thought the woman who played Jennifer of the Jungle went by "Winnie" on the show.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:47 am

DangerGirl wrote:I thought the woman who played Jennifer of the Jungle went by "Winnie" on the show.

Doing a Google search, Winnie was one of the characters that Judy Graubart played on "The Electric Company." Other characters she played included Jennifer of the Jungle.

tech43

Postby tech43 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:33 pm

I remember that scene, it was my first introduction to QS. As I remember it she had on I believe fishnet tights. And even as a little kid it drove me nuts! Funny thing is from that moment one, tights, pantyhose became synonymous with women sinking in quicksand. And to this day a woman not wearing tights or pantyhose and sinking in QS doesn’t do it for me like a woman wearing it. I’d love to see that skit again, just one more time.

tech43

Postby tech43 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:35 pm

I remember that scene, it was my first introduction to QS. As I remember it she had on I believe fishnet tights. And even as a little kid it drove me nuts! Funny thing is from that moment one, tights, pantyhose became synonymous with women sinking in quicksand. And to this day a woman not wearing tights or pantyhose and sinking in QS doesn’t do it for me like a woman wearing it. I’d love to see that skit again, just one more time.

tech43

Postby tech43 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:36 pm

Not the QS scene, but she did have great legs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lintime Sinker

Postby Lintime Sinker » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:54 pm

Where is the video ? :(

Return to “General Discussion”